H20 shutting down brand

@insureman that explains the shut down better, just "retiring the brand" which is marking speak and doesn't tell the story. The real story is they were not meeting performance sales goals. Makes sense, could also be that Disney didn't renew - a lot of unknowns.

Whatever Disney does, I hope it is unique and consistent across ships and resorts. Our family never understood the H20 craze - their shampoos seem to leave long hair greasy - but we did love the nostalgia associated with the smell. I am hoping the transition to something that will serve the same purpose.

Whatever Disney does, I hope it is unique and consistent across ships and resorts. Our family never understood the H20 craze - their shampoos seem to leave long hair greasy - but we did love the nostalgia associated with the smell. I am hoping the transition to something that will serve the same purpose.
Agree on the shampoo. I loved the scent, but when I used the shampoo on my curly hair, it would look like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket. I'll miss the body lotion though.

I was never a fan of the H20 products. Now the ones at the Swan i always thought had a much better scent. I will not miss them. Having said that, any thoughts on how long will it be before Disney runs out on the ships and switches to another brand?

I was never a fan of the H20 products. Now the ones at the Swan i always thought had a much better scent. I will not miss them. Having said that, any thoughts on how long will it be before Disney runs out on the ships and switches to another brand?
Probably sometime next year. H2O+ isn't shutting down until the end of this year and Disney probably has a pretty good stock of products to go through, anyway.

It is interesting. We all think of Disney as being a major player in anything they do, but apparently they don't buy enough product to keep H2O profitable.
I think it is tied to the shutdown. DCL was not buying it, and they are just working back up to full capacity on the ships. Sad.

1) So how do we get the back stock bottles like the ship used to refill the bottles in the rooms?

2) How do we get the current frosted bottles? I kinda like the weight for the sink. And the pumps didn’t lose the metallic finish.

3) Where do the discontinued DCL items both new and used go?

A lot of the items stores like Dollar Tree, The 99 Cent Clearance Center, Family Dollar Stores and Dollar General sell are discontinued items. Not exclusively Disney items, just overstocked and discontinued, or a change in packaging or ingredients. I suspect due to health laws, only new products would be sold, used would go in the trash. (Although there are programs where opened personal care products like soap are donated to homeless shelters.) So you certainly could check those places. And they probably won't be sent to all the stores, but just to the one's closest to where the warehouse with the products is. An exception to that might be a regional brand. My wife's cousin was visiting from St. Louis and went into Dollar Tree and they had Schnucks Shampoo. Schnucks is a St. Louis based grocery store chain. The clerk said they had changed manufacturers of the shampoo, and Dollar Tree bought all the unsold inventory with the understanding that it could not be sold within 1000 miles of St. Louis

Is there any other type of product with a similar scent to the sea salt and sea marine? Just bought a ton of the sea marine, but sadly all the sea salt products were sold out :( I'm absolutely gutted right now!!

1) So how do we get the back stock bottles like the ship used to refill the bottles in the rooms?

2) How do we get the current frosted bottles? I kinda like the weight for the sink. And the pumps didn’t lose the metallic finish.

Many items end up at the CM store at WDW. If you know a CM you can go with them into the general merchandise section, but they have to make the purchase.

I’d definitely love to find the scent but I wasn’t a huge fan of the actual products.

I recently was asking at Disney Springs in the candle area if there was a copy of the scent in candle form and I was told “not yet”. I’m guessing it’s never coming out now 😭

Is there any other type of product with a similar scent to the sea salt and sea marine? Just bought a ton of the sea marine, but sadly all the sea salt products were sold out :( I'm absolutely gutted right now!!
Did you try Amazon? They still have sea salt cream and body wash.

I just spoke with another Cast Member today - take this with a grain of salt as the sayin goes - she assured me Multiple Times - the Resorts & Cruiseline would Continue to carry H2O products - hmm don’t understand that at all - just passing on what she stated over and over when I called to inquire about the whereabouts of my order - since the remaining items are ALL H2O products in my order - it’s coming from the resorts per the Cast Member and this takes 12-14 days to process and then it ships
Hmmmm - anyone else receive any feedback ???
YMMV and I’m sure it will 👍

The parent company press release states: "Going forward, H2O PLUS will fulfill its obligation to supply products, etc., in accordance with agreements with its business partners, and proceed with dissolution procedures during the second half of 2023." In that case, I'd guess we'd continue to see it at the resorts and on the ships until around June 2023.

This is good news. Hopefully they'll find a better replacement. Never been a fan.

Agree on the shampoo. I loved the scent, but when I used the shampoo on my curly hair, it would look like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket. I'll miss the body lotion though.
I loved the shampoo, but the conditioner did nothing for my hair. I always bring my own. The body lotion doesn't really moisturize. I'm used to using organic coconut oil. One thing I really liked was the foot rub cream and aloe gel they gave out at the resorts when staying club level. Those were unique and nice, but these days when I stay at a hotel, I'm just happy if someone brings me clean towels and toilet paper.

Anyone else hear anything about their orders? I ordered 6 bottles for my SIL who is obsessed with the stuff on Aug 22 and was super excited with the 30% discount. But a week later and my order is still processing.

Anyone else hear anything about their orders? I ordered 6 bottles for my SIL who is obsessed with the stuff on Aug 22 and was super excited with the 30% discount. But a week later and my order is still processing.
Join the party. They said 12-14 days for arrival and our's hasn't shipped either. Same thing happened last year. Shop Disney is worse than DCL and WDW reservations, if that's possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter