Hakuna Matata: Dash away, dash away, dash away All!

Hi team! I took yesterday and today off from running :blush: My throat is starting to feel a little sore so with the temperatures being around -15C, I figured I wouldn't be doing myself any good being outside. *knock on wood* That my throat is just dry from the cold weather and being indoors.

No carry-on rule for Canadian flights going into the US is set to expire Jan 4. I'm hoping it doesn't get extended.

Chat later everyone! :wave2:

Good Evening Team!

Very cold weekend. Run at the gym with no motivation. Hoping to get out tomorrow night on the road.

We arrive Wed. & have an action packed week planned.
Running/ walking the 5K as a family on Friday. DD is very excited.

Safe travels to all.....................Sue

Hi all,

Last long run today. I did 10.5 which doesn't feel very long anymore. Had some stomach issues so decided to play it safe and stick with the 10 rather than push farther for 15 like I wanted.

I'm freaking out a little since I wasn't able to get in another 20 between races, but I have managed to average at least 35 miles a week, so I definitely feel like the BQ is going to happen. I'm trying to think positive and do everything I can to get there.

Can't wait to meet you all face to face. Do we have a team list of bibs going yet? I think we should. I'm 1228 which should put me in corral A, blue start (if it's like last year). I'll be the lanky (typical runner's build) curly haired brunette in the minnie-mouse running skirt and black top.

Best,
Jennifer

Well it's time to say good-bye to all my friends. I know a lot of you are heading out for the World. I'm glad I took the year off of training. My mind was not with it but now my heart is sad to be here in NH while all of you go down and compete.

Best of luck to all of you, enjoy the process, final words of wisdom:

Bring bathroom wipes - you may need them - I am the voice of experience.
Bring throw away gloves - there will be a pile by the transportation and ticket center.

If you have a sweatshirt to wear until you warm up and that too is a throw away, take a pair of scissors and cut it up the middle to make a cardigan, a lot easier to toss out the back rather than over your head.

Happy trails..................

denise

Ok who up there in Canada left the darn door open and let all the cold air in. It's frog flippin cold in Florida!

I wasn't planning on a cold marathon weekend I was hoping for a 60 degree start like last year. ven then last year I kept my flannel throw off shirt and gloves on till mile 10. I'm going to freeze!

But the good side is it's in the teens here every day. This morning when I went to work it was 11 degrees and it had only warmed up to 20 degrees by the time I got home. I'm starting to sneeze to, Grrrrrrrrr!

I'll be heading out in about 8 hours, if you see a blue rag top mustang zipping by headed south it's me.

Denise we will miss you and your family big time sweet princess.

Have a safe trip everyone who is traveling.

Dave:hippie:

Good Morning, TEAM! :wave2:

Traveling Team Mates- Be safe! :goodvibes

Thinking Dave is all ready on the road this morning with the top up! :cold:

Wednesday, Jan 6th Arrivals- :goodvibes
Sue and Family; Connie, Margie, DD, and her little Hagen;

What Connie said:
I am nervous, excited, nervous, scared, nervous, anxious, worried, and did I mention, nervous??
:crazy:

If not before - we will see you at the WISH Meet on Friday at the POP! ::yes::

This cold cold weather sure has me glad I'll be on the plane to WDW in a couple of days. Heading to the gym tonight for a workout, hoping it will be lighter :)

In case I don't get around to posting tonight or tomorrow, safe travels everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days!

Margie - I'm also arriving on Wednesday too! Maybe I'll see you at the airport :)

have a great day everyone!

Good morning, Hakuna Matata!

Well, it's closing in fast. Not much left to do but go see the doc and prepare my clothes for throwing away!

Vicky- How will we know you at the airport? I am supposed to arrive about in Orlando about 1:10 pm.

See y'all soon. Everyone be safe and be warm.

Good Morning! :goodvibes

Happy & Safe Travels everyone~ we're going down Friday morning
and leaving Monday afternoon. Hoping to get to POP Friday after checking-in at the sports complex. I'll be wearing a green Boston Redsox hat in case you see one. :thumbsup2
I've got a ratty BU sweatshirt to throw away on Sunday. Getting close it's so kewl people are on the road and flying in the next few days.
Next week at this time we'll all be wearing our bling and Jennifer WILL be qualified for the Boston Marathon :thumbsup2

I register my DW's phone so she can get updates where I am during the run. Cold here in NE, so things are quiet. Enjoy the day!
:goodvibes

Is anyone else getting nervous about the cold? I have never been a cold weather runner, just can't seem to breathe well in the cold, and last night I actually lost sleep over this! The sweats that I had planned to bring as throwaways are light weight, and I'm afraid I'll have frost bite on my legs before I even start. And, then of course, there's the fear that with all those layers I'll be slowed down so much that I run the risk of getting swept. My pace is slow to begin with anyway, (14:30/mile), so that's a real concern.

I'm going to break the cardinal rule of running today (nothing new on race day) and go and look for some tights. I will probably try them out on the TM to make sure they don't chaff anywhere.

Guess I won't be seeing as many WISH shirts on the course this year because they'll be everyone's bottom layer! Hope to see many of you at the Pop meet. I'll be the one with a round cruise line nametag as I didn't get my name in soon enough for the WISH tags. We will arrive on Thurs.

Connie - I'll probably be the one dressed in layers of running clothes and carrying a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. Hahaha!! Actually we're *scheduled* to arrive around 9AM, assuming all goes well with the weather and security.

MaryJ - Not too worried about the cold weather since I'm from Canada. But I'll say that I've never done a race longer than 10K in below freezing temps so it will be interesting. Now that you mention the WISH shirt... I might be able to wear mine on top of my long sleeve shirt. But then again, it's one of those things that I haven't done before so maybe I'll skip it.

Vicky-
Do you fly into Detroit?
We have a NW flight departure out of Detroit Metro at 7:10am
Arrive Orlando at 10:am
Taking the Magical Express to POP

I would recognize you, but not your DF. :upsidedow I seen him for all of 2-minutes (maybe) and all I remember is that he is tall.

Jack-hope you are able to make the WISH Meet Friday we are all eager to meet you and Patty! :upsidedow

MaryJ-being from Michigan it sounds a little chilly, but not the least bit cold. Race Day weather actually sounds excellent to me. I will wear some throw aways to keep from getting chilled pre-Race, but I warm up fast. :goodvibes

Hey All did a very short TM this morn, remembered I had not gotten a PIN number for a new Credit Card.

Monthly and yearly stats together and in here at work, yeah, getting the loose ends together.

Txt from Dave at about 1:30 MST and he had arrived at BoardWalk.

Denver tomorrow night for us, fly Wed arrive MCO at about 1:00.

Some how I think I need more toss out stuff.

It's cold guys, pack warm stuff for the parks as well as the race. I'm thinking I won't be throwing to much off. Remember last year I kept my long sleeve flannel shirt on till mile ten and it was 70s.

I may keep everything on the whole race, the half for sure and probably the marathon. Remember walkers don't build up the heat runners do.

My room came with complementry robes and slippers and I don't have a babe to share that with, now that's bad.:sad2:

Good Morning Team!

I'm experiencing a major packing anxiety attack.

We have Fri. afternoon plans so I don't think I will make it to POP.

We've done the training now we can enjoy race(s) day.
Safe travels to all. Have a great race everyone...........Sue

Hello, Friends!

I am finishing up the packing. We will be headed out of the house about 3 am tomorrow morning. I hope that's good training for race day! :rotfl: See ya in the world!

Good Morning, TEAM! :wave2:

Sue- Me too. I fell like I have lots packed and nothing to wear!
Sorry you will not make it to the WISH Meet at POP and will not get to meet you.

Dave- thanks for the thumbs up on the weather - but sorry about the chilly temperatures.

See some of you tomorrow :goodvibes
:wave:

Currently we are at 36 degrees here in CHeyenne the same as Orlando, our forecast high is 44 and Orlando is 49, LOL why move to FL.....

Currently we are at 36 degrees here in CHeyenne the same as Orlando, our forecast high is 44 and Orlando is 49, LOL why move to FL.....

You will feel right at home with the 12 mile an hour wind today here.

You will feel right at home with the 12 mile an hour wind today here.

Dave, any suggestions for dinner the night before? we got ressies at Tony's,
figure a long sleeve t for the run? You're the one on the ground there, figure you've got the inside.. thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter