Hakuna Matata - Gobbling up the pavement and thankful we can!

Hakuna Matata Team
Virtual Turkey Trot 5K
November 25-28th

:cheer2::cheer2:Congratulations! :cheer2::cheer2:

Thursday, November 25th

Dave & Sally 3K 29:03

Beth 5-Miles 56:57
Elizabeth 5K 45:16
Emily & Patrick 5K 51:28
Margie 5K 50:02
Mike 5K 28:12
Nikki 5K 48:00
Saylan 5K
Vicky 5K 32:49

Regina 3-miles 37:00
Kyle 3-miles

Friday, November 26th

Saturday, November 27th
Liz Half Marathon 2:23:12
Mike Half Marathon 2:12:32
Lynn Half Marathon
Scott Half Marathon

Sunday, November 28th
Saylan 10K

Monday, November 29th
Connie 5K

Kim & Mike
Mary & DH - Mary was sick

Good Sunday morning. Although it's a traditional day of rest, rest doesn't have to be sitting on the couch watching TV. A much more refreshing day can be had by getting out doing and seeing, being part of life instead of an observer.

Margie, Sally and I did 3K in 29:03 for our very hilly turkey trot race.

Today is a work day for me but Sally will get her hour walk in. I have a sore foot so I'm not going to do the walk with her.

Have a magical day y'all.

Dave:hippie:

Hey back from Ottawa, game sucked but had fun with family and friends. Seen a few hockey players at the hotel, now exhausted.

Hope you all had a great weekend, check in later.

I'll update more tomorrow, but just checking in to say I got two runs in for my virtual turkey races: Thursday at just under 5K (3.1 miles) and Sunday over 10K (7.12 miles). Not much of a race to report (I did it inside on a treadmill) but to say I want to never be on Bulging Brides! I learned a lot about food and a lot of encouragement to stay fit before taking the plunge!

Hi team! Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Lots of leftovers for work lunches?

Saylan - I love that show! I think it's such a hoot! I love the part of the show when Nadine shows the brides how much food they're eating and how many calories it all is. I can't believe some of the stuff people eat or what they eat for breakfasts! WTG on your miles this weekend! Miles are miles whether they are on the TM or outside.

Dave - Sorry to hear about your foot! Is it your PF flaring up again? WTG on the 3K with Sally :)

Nikki - Great RR! Congrats on getting your papers done and getting in a walk with Margie! Hope your DH enjoys the days off! It must have been crazy working Black Friday! I had pulled my soleleus before so I feel your pain. I don't remember what I did to rehab it - I think there were a few stretches but it was more RICE that made it feel better. There's one where your almost in a lunge position pushing against a wall but I think I never managed to do it properly because I'd feel the stretch in my calves and not the soleleus.

Margie - Glad to hear your legs are better! Can you use my 5K time from Saturday as my Turkey Trot time. It was a much better run than Thursday. My time for that was 32:49! And it was pain-free which was the best part!

Emily - Wow! Two hours in line! People must have been getting piles of clothing. The Canadian equivalent of Black Friday is called Boxing Day and it's the day after Christmas. It's the same idea - lots of door crashers and people will line up before the stores open. I've done it once or twice to get electronics but some stores now have the same sales online.

Mike - That is so precious! The 5K TT sounds like a lot of fun and very picture-sque! I like my running tights too but hate how they look. Not cute *lol*

Beth - Sounds like a busy weekend! And awesome score on the tights! $15 sometimes barely gets you a pair of technical socks sometimes!

Scott/Lynn - Congrats on the Spacecoast 1/2!!

AFM - Well Saturday was sunny and I figured it was just too nice to stay inside. So I decided knee or no knee, I was going to go running. Well I ran a 5K and ... no knee pain and I managed to get a decent pace too! Went out this morning for 4 miles and same thing. I'm definitely feeling better about January.

Other than that - I skipped yoga on Saturday morning so that I could sleep in and run some errands. Today, I met a friend from work for dim sum - which is like a brunch Chinese style. Lots of tapas style dishes. We went to a slightly higher end restaurant so we didn't have the experience of the carts coming around to the tables but it was soooo good! They had the most awesome milk tarts too! So I've eaten all my calories away for the weekend! :laughing:

Tomorrow I've got training - I'm hoping I can do an hour straight instead of training/treatment. I'm going to try and get out for a quick run tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can wake up. I've gotten out of the habit because I haven't been running much lately.

Have a great night everyone :wave2:

Space coast went well, ran a good bit at the start and the started to hurt so walked the last 7 miles, pinch sore the knee is but walking is ok.

Highly recommend this race, it is well done.

More later we are off to WDW later today,

Hi Team!

Scott & Lynn~ Glad that you had a good race experience! Maybe next year we'll join you! A Florida trip during the cold weather always helps! Enjoy WDW and the wonderful lights!

Dave~ what's up with your foot?

Vicky~ happy that your knee is better!

Nikki~ the half marathon was about a mile from Woodfield mall. We live about 35 minutes West of there.

Margie~ A BIG THANK YOU for the trot certificate! Really cool to get in my email! I guess that you can use Liz's half marathon as hers. She hasn't had much time to get on the computer lately.
I forget, did we decide to do medals?

AFM~ All things considered, our half marathon went pretty well. When I went to get my Gatorade off of our front porch it was FROZEN! :laughing:
So, I knew it was going to be a cold one!
Our car said it was 20 degrees as we were parking at the race. It was a little windy, so I'm guessing the windchill was about 5. We had about a quarter mile walk to pick up our chips and the start line. We were early so we made the hike back to our car to keep warm and hung out until about a half hour before the race.
Then we warmed up as best we could, used the port o pots, and got into the start crowd. We lined up towards the back, as usual. This is the first race that I have done where there were pacers with signs. They went back to a 2:15 finish time. The race started a little late, as there were some cars that had dropped off people and were trying to leave the forest preserve.
I kept my pace slow as I knew that I had not been training much and just wanted to finish. Liz was behind me at the start and I would occasionaly see her at a turnaround during the race. I eventually caught up to the 2:15 pace group and stayed with them for quite awhile. The race was mostly on paved bike trails, which was nice as I hate running on crushed limestone. The pacers were great about calling out the ice on the trail, so nobody would fall. There were several out and backs with turnarounds and as I passed our car, I almost ditched my outer layer of my hoodie. I was glad that I didn't, because at about mile 6 we had a huge overpass over route 53 to ascend and the wind from the traffic was freezing! Route 53 is a major road and I think it's ten lanes wide at that point. The bridge was long and had alot of people walking, then we had about 50 yards after the downside and had to turnaround and head back over the thing. Whoever planned the route is devious. I never had any recovery time before the 2nd time over. Grrrrr! and Brrrrr!!!
At the seven mile mark I checked my watch and I was at 1:07. This meant our pacers where way off and would finish in under 2:10. We lost a few of the group as the pacers sped up even more! I stuck with them until mile 8 and then did my own thing. After mile ten, I had to walk here and there and felt my lack of training doing me in. Again, I had severe muscle pain in my neck and right shoulder. I need to start strengthing those parts at he gym. I have arthritis in my upper spine, so I hunch over a little when I run, which doesn't help.
There was another pedestrian bridge in the last 5k of the race, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the first and I could hear the finish line crowd. Overall, I finished 458 /681 with a time of 2:12:32 with a pace of 10:07. I was 32 / 42 in my age group. The 2:15 pace group finished at least five minutes before me. They passed me on the last turnaround and were all by themselves (the two pacers, no group!). I gave up my chip, got attacked by some lady who shoved a clipboard in my face to sign a waver for a massage (I abruptly declined!) , got my medal, got some apple cider, and headed to the car for the camera to see if I could catch Liz crossing the finish. By the time I got back she was already done, so no photo.
This was her first half marathon! She ended up with a time of 2:23:12 and placed 541 / 681 with a pace of 10:56 and 42 / 50 in her age group! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

One weird thing about this race, they started the 5K about ten minutes after the half marathon started. The 5k'ers had to navigate through all of the marathoners!

-Mike:cool2:

PS ~ My tights are Nike's and they did help me stay warm!

Good Morning, Team! :wave2:

Currently 33% / 72% Humidity
Partly Cloudy / High of 49° / Windy 10-20mph
PM Rain/Thunderstorms
Sunrise 7:48AM Sunset is 5:11PM tonight
Daylight hours are getting shorter & shorter!

30 Days Hath November 2010:
Louisa M. Alcott, American author, born November 29, 1832.
Commander Richard E. Byrd and crew of three became first to fly over South Pole, November 29, 1929.

“When one door closes another opens.
But often we look so long so regretfully upon the closed door that we
fail to see the one that has opened for us.” Helen Keller

Happy Shopping! Black Friday – followed by Cyber Monday

Beth-sounds like you had a very special weekend!

Connie-how are the repairs coming –
Warning Team the December thread maybe late (?)

Dave & Sally- What Mike said what is the problem with your foot?
WTG Sally getting your walk in!

Kim-:wave2:

Liz- Congratulations, on your 1st Half Marathon!
WTG your time & pace was Fantastic!
Will get your Certificate out today.

Lynn-Congratulations! Nice picture on face book :goodvibes

Mike- Congratulations! WTG really Great time & pace.
:thanks: for the race report.
Nice that the new running tights helped keep you warm.

PTL that your Mom is showing some improvement.

Yes, Captain Connie is taking care of the Turkey
Trot medals. Please PM her if you would like one and send her your mailing address.

I do the Certificates for those who want them, but I do need an email address to send them.

Nikki-Run/Walk this morning?

Regina-:wave2: can I use your 3-miler on the DM for your Turkey Trot?

Saylan-:wave2:

Scott- Congratulations!
Take care of that knee!
:thanks: for the race report.

Sue-hope your back-to-bacvk runs went well this weekend!
Our weather was chilly but no real snow yet this year, so our roads
are clear.

Vicky-awesome that your knee is doing better!
Will get your Certificate out today.

AFM:Normal Day:
Work on getting some Christmas trees / Winter decorations out & up.:santa:
Monday’s are DD doctor’s appointments-
Got our tickets to take Hagen to see Annie-

pixiedust: pixiedust:

Beth (back), Connie (foot), Dave (foot), Elizabeth (back),
Emily (foot & bruised calf), Kim (foot), Lynn (foot & knee), Mary (cold, knee),
Mark (Achilles) Mike (hip), Regina (ankle),
Saylan (knee), Scott (knee), Vicky (knee, ankle, & stress)

:wave:
Beth, Connie, Dave & Sally, Denise, Elizabeth, Emily, Eva, figment82, Gerry,
Hope, Jack, Jennifer, Kim, Kirstie, Lorelei528, Mary, Mike, Pam, Regina,
Robert, Saylan, Scott & Lynn, Shannan, Sue, Taryn, Vicky, and Honorary Member, Nikki

Not sure what's up with my foot. I bought new shoes but they are the same size and model that I've been wearing. My old ones were so worn out that these were snug and I might have laced them a little to tight on the right foot. That is the guilty foot for the PF issues. I'll just have to see how it does. I don't hurt this morning so I'll do an easy walk with my old shoes and see how I do.

I'm getting excited and so is Sally but it still seems so long from now that we will be arriving at Disney. I'm sad that she will not get to meet Margie, Connie, Scott and Lynn this trip. I talk about you guys a lot to Sally and really wanted her to get to meet you guys. Denise and family are all going to be there for Hopes wedding next month so she won't get to meet them either.

Somehow I'm going to figure out how to see everyone soon. We will get to meet some new friends and that will be awesome.

Have an awesome work week y'all.

Dave:hippie:

Margie: Was Connie able to find out the cost of the medals? I know she mentioned that it might be pricey for those of us out of the US, so I thought I would ask before PMing for one. I'll PM my e-mail later today, I'm just on for a moment before getting back to work.

Good Afternoon Team!

Margie, We had a little covering of snow Sat. morning but it was melted by noon. The roads & sidewalks were dry for my run. DD was so excited to see the snow. Hope you enjoy your Christmas decorating.

Vicky, We also bought airfare the other day for San Fran. We are not going until May but ACanada had a good deal so we grabbed it. Nice to hear you got some good weekend runs in with no pain.

Scott/ Lynn, Congrats on your race. Enjoy your time a WDW.

Mike/ Liz, Congrats on your fantastic race results.

Dave, Hope your foot in nothing serious & it feels better soon.

Kim, It's always a good game when the Sens beat the Leafs.;)

AFM, Yoga tonight. I need a good stretch after yesterday's long run. Have a great evening everyone...........Sue

Hi team!

As usual, it's taken me a while to get back here. I'm sorry to say that our (mine and DH's) Turkey Trot was non-existent. We had planned to run in the Turkey Day Getaway race in the next town on Thanksgiving Day, but that morning it was pouring buckets outside! Now, if I'm all ready outside and it starts to rain, that's one thing. But lining up at the start in a deluge....not going to happen. So, we turned to plan B. We would go to the gym on Saturday morning and run on the indoor track. However, I spent the time between 12:00 to 3:00 a.m. that night rushing to the bathroom with a nasty stomach bug. At least I waited until AFTER Thanksgiving to get it. Saturday morning found me with a slight fever and feeling very weak. So, no running. I still don't have all my energy back, so I'm not sure when I will get back to running. Sad, because I'm all ready behind on my training for the half!

I enjoyed reading everyone else's reports. Mike, I especially liked Robert's evaluation of the turkey dinner. No Black Friday shopping for us this year. Just didn't see anything advertised that we couldn't live without. I did think about looking around online today (Cyber Monday) but just don't have the energy to do it.

Glad the type of virus I have can't be passed on to all of you through the computer! Hope all of you are doing well.

Just jumping on while at work really quick

Sad news..... I have been told not to walk this week. Looks like my issue is more of a posterior tibialis issue and the therapist doesn't want me to walk if it is painful....and it is painful just walking around the office!

I'll try to hit the bike here at work as much as possible!

I'll get on more later just needed to vent my news.

Oh no Sue you aren't a Sens fan are you? My DS is one I keep telling him he is lucky I let him live in the house, now if he cheered for the habs he would be out for sure;)

Connie's computer is not on line. :surfweb:
She has ordered a new monitor and is waiting its arrival.
Sorry but our December Team Thread will be a bit late.

RE: Turkey Trot 5K medals

I will call her when you post confirmation of wanting a Turkey Trot 5K medal.

Connie will get the price, once she knows how many are needed, post it, (thinking under $2.00 plus shipping-

Need to know ASAP-to get them ordered and back.
To save on the Canadian shipping cost.
For those in Canada-she will ask Dave & Sally if they will take to WDW and give them to you, if that will work for you.

Good Evening, Team! :wave2:

Currently 33% / 72% Humidity
Partly Cloudy / High of 49° / Windy 10-20mph
PM Rain/Thunderstorms
Sunrise 7:48AM Sunset is 5:11PM tonight

30 Days Hath November 2010:
Jonathan Swift, who wrote Gulliver's Travels, born November 30, 1667.
Mark Twain, American author, born November 30, 1835.
British statesman Sir Winston Churchill born November 30, 1874.

“When one door closes another opens.
But often we look so long so regretfully upon the closed door that we
fail to see the one that has opened for us.” Helen Keller

Did you find any good deal?
No Black Friday shopping, but I did get my DD a ‘Pink’ Olympus Stylus
Tough 6020 camera for Christmas on Cyber Monday.

(I would like my ‘Lime Green’ camera back!)

Beth-how is your back?

Connie-:hug:

Dave & Sally- :wave2: hope your foot is better, Dave.

Denise- :wave2: Enjoy the Magic!

Elizabeth-how is your back?

Emily-is your foot & bruised calf healed?

Eva- :wave2:

Gerry- :wave2:

Hope- :wave2:

Kim-how is your foot?

Liz- :wave2:

Lynn-:wave2:

Mary-sorry you were not up to getting in a Turkey Trot!
Glad you are feeling better.
Do you have problems with your knee now?

Mike-:wave2:

Nikki-:hug: I am so sorry!
Hope the bike works out.

Pam-:wave2:

Regina-is your ankle healed?

Robert-we have not heard from you in a long time!
Hope all is well.
How are your injuries?
Know you have been very busy with Race Director duties –
Have you had time to do any races?

Saylan-:wave2: any update on the vacation time for the Princess?

Scott-Enjoy the down time!
Take care of that knee!

Sue-is your training on track for the Goofy -WDW Marathon Weekend?
it seems so strange that we have not had any snow
that has even stuck to the ground yet this year. More rain last night.

Taryn:wave2:

Vicky-did you get a full workout in tonight?
Any problems with the knee or ankle?

AFM:Normal Day: Need to be out the door early in the morning-
Last soccer practice-

Did accomplish a bit but Goodness getting out the Christmas & Winter decorations sure makes a mess! :rolleyes1

pixiedust: pixiedust:

Beth (back), Connie (foot), Elizabeth (back),
Emily (foot & bruised calf), Kim (foot), Lynn (foot & knee), Mary (knee),
Mark (Achilles) Mike (hip), Nikki (posterior tibialis issue), Regina (ankle),
Saylan (knee), Scott (knee), Vicky (knee, ankle, & stress)

:wave:
Beth, Connie, Dave & Sally, Denise, Elizabeth, Emily, Eva, figment82, Gerry,
Hope, Jack, Jennifer, Kim, Kirstie, Lorelei528, Mary, Mike, Pam, Regina,
Robert, Saylan, Scott & Lynn, Shannan, Sue, Taryn, Vicky, and Honorary Member, Nikki

Good morning team!!!!!

Can you believe how close marathon weekend is:scared1: I am so not ready. I am torn between wanting to get in the steps and not wanting to over do it as to bring my PF back.

How is everyone doing?

Morning everyone!

Yesterday was BUSY with school, then heading in to have dinner with my parents (AMAZING little place in the Village...but not really good if you've got theatre tickets as we had to get our waiter to come over "early" and get our dessert orders) and then I took them to see "next to normal" with the "replacement" (and imho better) cast. Got in LATE last night.

Today will be X-T per the schedule. I'm ready to get back to it!!

Overall my back is good. I think I need to call my chiropractor though and try to get in soon. My mom sneezed last night while I was bending over putting something in the trash can and we bumped heads and now my upper right back/shoulder feels slightly off. What fun. LOL.

Hope everyone has a great day!

~beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter