Halloween at DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did CO ever used to serve breakfast? I could have sworn I ate breakfrast there TWICE a few years ago? It was sooo yummy and my whole family was upset that we couldn't 'find' where we ate such an amazing breaksfast before?

Yes, Cafe Orleans used to serve breakfast, but they don't anymore. Either that or it's just a seasonal thing that they only do during peak times. I personally haven't seen them open for breakfast in about two years. :sad1:

You can see the breakfast menu on allears:

http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_crb.htm

I LIKE altering patterns and I still say pay the $6. :) Your time is valuable and so is your fabric.

I'm pretty much going that route too. I would prefer it to be a little less, but it's much better than the regular price of $15 at the fabric store. Since I'm pretty picky on how authentic my costumes are, I'll probably go with the pattern. I trust a fabric store pattern more than one off the internet too.

ahhhhhh no kidding??!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay: so beyond excited now Flynn better be cute ;) :lmao:

I was thinking the SAME THING! :lmao:

Oh and here's the link to the Disney Parks blog post about the meet & greet opening Oct 15, in case anyone wanted a source :)
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...l-meet-and-greet-location-at-disneyland-park/

Yes, Cafe Orleans used to serve breakfast, but they don't anymore. Either that or it's just a seasonal thing that they only do during peak times. I personally haven't seen them open for breakfast in about two years. :sad1:

You can see the breakfast menu on allears:

http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_crb.htm

That sounds about right, our trip when we had breakfast there was in 2007.
Thanks! Now I know I wasn't going crazy :laughing:
Thanks for the link to the menu too! :goodvibes Mardi Gras Vegetable Scramble was the meal I was talking about! YUM!

I'll be at the October 19th TOT party as well :) I'll be a ninja turtle with a turtle shell backpack, ninja turtle front tshirt and the awesome mask

well now that think of it i dont even know if i have a trip on a saturday if i get my job at disney (and im hoping i do) ill probably be working saturdays. so i will be at disneyland just working :confused3

I don't remember if anyone posted the Rapunzel meet and greet costume picture? I'm assuming they'll have different actors in the parks, and I read somewhere that Tiana's original costume changed between the first pictures and the park version, so Rapunzel's might too.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney...s-rapunzel-flynn-rider-meet-greet-characters/

I'm pretty much going that route too. I would prefer it to be a little less, but it's much better than the regular price of $15 at the fabric store. Since I'm pretty picky on how authentic my costumes are, I'll probably go with the pattern. I trust a fabric store pattern more than one off the internet too.

It's my understanding that JoAnn's always offers patterns for half off, I think it is (so the $15.99 pattern is only $8.00). And if you're lucky you can get them for 99 cents or $1.99 (they have sales periodically). Of course, time is a factor here!

Fabric store patterns are generally solid, but it does depend on what you're going for. For instance, if you want truly authentic for most time periods, they shouldn't have zippers, yet many (most?) commercial patterns will feature them. (And in fairness, I imagine the dresses the Disney princesses wear in the park have some metal-toothed magic fasteners in them!) So you can probably get a great look with those patterns, but they may not be historically right.

I've used free Internet patterns and generators to make numerous chemises (two I wear with dresses, not just for costumes), as well as skirts and even a 1600s-1700s-style corset/"set of stays". I've also made a nice costume with a pattern purchased on the Internet, but I'm sure there are some bad patterns out there.

http://www.gbacg.org/great-pattern-review/index.html has reviews of and tips for many patterns (Internet-based and not).

We're going the 19th as well! (Don't tell, but I'm skipping two of my law school classes so I can get in early!) We're going Peter Pan themed, so if you see Peter, Wendy, Capt Hook, an insanely tall Smee, Tinkerbell, maybe a Tiger Lily, and possible some Alice people acting as though we were 6, that would be us!

I'm going to be Wendy, and have the fabric for my dress, just no set pattern yet. I've found some good free ones online, but they seem like a bit of a hassle to put together because they're not totally perfect. I'm debating free hassle versus a $6 one online (including the shipping!). Right now, I'm leaning toward just paying the $6 and having the pattern be almost perfect.

Awesome! I wish I knew how to sew! I can barely sew a button on. I'll be on the look out for a gang of Peter Pan folks with a Wendy that looks guilty for ditching law school classes! :rotfl:

I'll be at the October 19th TOT party as well :) I'll be a ninja turtle with a turtle shell backpack, ninja turtle front tshirt and the awesome mask

Excellent! Sounds like an awesome costume!

I'm going as the Queen of Hearts and my sister is going to be Alice. My mom is sewing my costume as I have no talent in that area, and she is almost done. It looks amazing...she even got the yellow and black diagonal pieces in the middle done. AMAZING! Yay to moms.

That is so cool. I hope you'll post a pic of yourself in the costume when it's all done, I'd love to see it!

I had all sorts of fun ideas of costumes to make, but I'm going to be reasonable and wear a Belle costume my mom made me probably in 1992. I wish Mom would just decide who she wanted to be, since I might have to make her costume. (That's only fair.)

Hope your Alice costume arrives soon!

Ok, why does everyone have a mom that can make them a costume? You guys are so lucky for that. :goodvibes I love Belle, she's my favorite princess. I'm thinking I might be Belle next Halloween. It's never too early to start costume planning. I think I need to learn to sew.

Just had the gingerbread benigets at CO. Yummy!

ac80fac4.jpg

OK, this totally makes up for them not having an assortment of Nightmare desserts this year.

GINGERBREAD. BEIGNETS. :love:

Yeah we're gonna spend all of Tuesday at DCA before the TOTP, but usually we only go over there for a few rides and come back. No Magic Morning cause we're pass holders and we're staying at the Park Vue Inn :)

Sounds great! Let me know how you like the Park Vue Inn. That's where I will be staying in October.

We're going the 19th as well! (Don't tell, but I'm skipping two of my law school classes so I can get in early!) We're going Peter Pan themed, so if you see Peter, Wendy, Capt Hook, an insanely tall Smee, Tinkerbell, maybe a Tiger Lily, and possible some Alice people acting as though we were 6, that would be us!

I'm going to be Wendy, and have the fabric for my dress, just no set pattern yet. I've found some good free ones online, but they seem like a bit of a hassle to put together because they're not totally perfect. I'm debating free hassle versus a $6 one online (including the shipping!). Right now, I'm leaning toward just paying the $6 and having the pattern be almost perfect.

As a sewer I say pay the $6. You'll be less stressed. :wizard:

Finally finished the schedule I've been working on for the past month lol, this is for Oct 18th through the 25th :) Whatcha think?

hunitf.jpg

love your calendar do you mind me asking where you found such cute stuff to make it? I would love to do something like this so that it would look nice for the scrap book.

Went to DL for a half day. Got lots of Pictures, but I am downloading them and organizing them. I will post as time allows. I first had to read what? 7 pages before I will post.

It wasn't crowded in the morning. I usually go on a Sunday morning, since the crowds tend to be less on those mornings. It got crowded later in the morning, but DH and I just wanted to ride SMGG, HMH and Indy, which we did. On Indy, we happened to go through the first door (a rare event for us). There was one small added feature on the ride. I don't want to spoil it here, so I won't mention what it is. This feature is at the beginning and we liked it.

Will post some pics soon.

These are my pics from the tram ride. They are not as good as GoofyontheHiSeas.
DSC_6034.jpg

DSC_6035.jpg

DSC_6036.jpg

DSC_6037.jpg

Got to go and get the DDs off to school. Will post later.

I have been seeing alot of people really enjoy the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ - I was just wondering is this a show dinner or a character dinner or just dinner. DS would love to see Woody and Jessie are they walking around only at the dinner or are they available for Autographs and pics outside of the BBQ dinner area.

TIA

I have been seeing alot of people really enjoy the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ - I was just wondering is this a show dinner or a character dinner or just dinner. DS would love to see Woody and Jessie are they walking around only at the dinner or are they available for Autographs and pics outside of the BBQ dinner area.

TIA

The characters are only on the walkway outside of the restaurant at specific times throughout the day. There is a little music show with the actual meal, but it's really nothing super special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter