Halloween at DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Photoshop CS5 to make all my graphics and such. I used this image (which is actually a scrapbook page lol) http://www.diecutswithaview.com/images/swatches/large/OS-031-00011.jpg and then edited it a bit and lowered the opacity so it was see through some, putting a white layer behind it so it didn't get to see through. I then just added the lines and font myself :)

thank you I kind of thought it might be a photoshop type of thing. Just another reason to learn photoshop.

The characters are only on the walkway outside of the restaurant at specific times throughout the day. There is a little music show with the actual meal, but it's really nothing super special.

Oh good I am glad to hear that they are out and about. We love BBQ but hard on the budget to eat everywhere.

These are my pics from the tram ride. They are not as good as GoofyontheHiSeas.
DSC_6034.jpg

DSC_6035.jpg

DSC_6036.jpg

DSC_6037.jpg

Got to go and get the DDs off to school. Will post later.

love these pics and the area, is there a way to walk and see it, we have enough days at the park that I am going to need some alone time and thinking walking to find this would be a great solution.

DS would love to see Woody and Jessie are they walking around only at the dinner or are they available for Autographs and pics outside of the BBQ dinner area.

TIA

Woody and Jessie are out pretty often in DCA too. There's a pavillion like thing near the overflow queueing area for Toy Story Mania. Seemed to be a regular meet and greet for them. We saw them all the time throughout the day last year, with Photopass photographer and everything. As an added bonus they barely ever had someone in line.

Has anyone seen the candy corn Mickey ears? My SIL wants a pair I was going to pick them up when we go but I have not seen any pics of them.

love these pics and the area, is there a way to walk and see it, we have enough days at the park that I am going to need some alone time and thinking walking to find this would be a great solution.

These pics were taken near the tram loading and unloading are. You can see the Mickey and Friends parking structure in the back round of the last pic.

DSC_6037.jpg

I know there is a walkway to the M&F parking structure, but I don't know if the walkway passes right by it or curves away as it approaches. I never had to use the walkway to know for sure.

These pics were taken near the tram loading and unloading are. You can see the Mickey and Friends parking structure in the back round of the last pic.

DSC_6037.jpg

I know there is a walkway to the M&F parking structure, but I don't know if the walkway passes right by it or curves away as it approaches. I never had to use the walkway to know for sure.

Is that a CM in the red, over on the right-hand side of the photo? Maybe she is there to prevent people from walking up to it and taking photos!!:rotfl2:

I can't imagine that they wouldn't allow people to sneak around and take better photos of the display on foot. Even if the walkway doesn't pass right by it and you have to step out into the tram path a bit, it's too tempting of a display - and not everyone knows it's there - to resist. I know it would have been next to impossible to snap a photo of it from where I was on the tram last year.

I guess, as Roger said, you can always go up to Level 2 (Daisy) of the parking structure, and then down the stairwell to the next landing, where you will have a good view of the display (from overhead).

Sherry E. the CM is on the tram with us. She is riding on the back of it. I would imagine that the best place to see this would be, as Rodger mentioned, on the 2nd floor of the parking structure.

Have the Halloween fireworks started with it being Halloween time now? I can't info on it. Also what is a must do at Halloween time? Favorite snacks I should try this time of year? I hear they aren't doing candy corn acreas?

Great pictures...We will be there 10/27 which seems like forever from now...Just looking at the pictures is getting me excited and reminding me that I have to finalize some of my reservations. This will be my first DL trip in about 15 years and my son's first trip ever!

I was so bummed to findout that this shirt is only made in kid's sizes.

CopyofDSC_6181.jpg

I didn't like the design for the adult tees, so I didn't buy a shirt like I planned.

CopyofDSC_6181.jpg

I didn't like the design for the adult tees, so I didn't buy a shirt like I planned.

You have got to be kidding! That super cool t-shirt is only made in kids' sizes? What are they thinking? They think that adults don't want to glow in the dark as well as kids? I want to glow in the dark too!:mad: I love the design of this shirt - I can't believe they only made them in kids' sizes. Was the adult design even similar to this one?

You have got to be kidding! That super cool t-shirt is only made in kids' sizes? What are they thinking? They think that adults don't want to glow in the dark as well as kids? I want to glow in the dark too!:mad: I love the design of this shirt - I can't believe they only made them in kids' sizes. Was the adult design even similar to this one?

DITTO! I felt the same way. I was so disgusted that I forgot to take a pic of the adult tee. Now that I think of it, I should have. I was going to go to City Hall and jot down a suggestion, but I thought it wouldn't have made much difference. I do remember the adult tee was dark gray (it glowed, too) and looked so plain in comparison that there was no way I was going to buy it. I am hoping that there will be a special tee for the MHP. I will probably buy that one.

DITTO! I felt the same way. I was so disgusted that I forgot to take a pic of the adult tee. Now that I think of it, I should have. I was going to go to City Hall and jot down a suggestion, but I thought it wouldn't have made much difference. I do remember the adult tee was dark gray (it glowed, too) and looked so plain in comparison that there was no way I was going to buy it. I am hoping that there will be a special tee for the MHP. I will probably buy that one.

Dark gray? Ick! I want a black t-shirt with colorful graphics - exactly like that one above.

Did you get any photos of you and DH in front of the Mickey pumpkin or anywhere fun in DL?

I got lots of pics (172 of them). I am down loading them on to Photobucket. Some of my pics have to be rotated and DH wants me to copy them first, rotate them and then download them onto Photobucket.

No pics of me and hubby in front of the big Pumpkin Mickey. I did get these though:

CopyofDSC_6173.jpg

CopyofDSC_6172.jpg

CopyofDSC_6174.jpg

I was trying to be artsy. These were taken from the Emporuim store.

Some pics of the other tram display. These are not very good, but the display is not very exciting either.

DSC_6038.jpg

DSC_6040.jpg

DSC_6042.jpg

Still downloading pics.

Don't mind the date on the pictures... I don't know how to reset it LOL!
Thank you for your dedication to post photos :thumbsup2 Love it!

Suddenly I am SO glad that I switched our BB reservation over to CO!!!:banana::banana::banana:
I actually prefer CO over BB :rolleyes1

I'm going as the Queen of Hearts and my sister is going to be Alice. My mom is sewing my costume as I have no talent in that area, and she is almost done. It looks amazing...she even got the yellow and black diagonal pieces in the middle done. AMAZING! Yay to moms.
This sounds amazing. I loved hearing about everyone's homemade costumes. I don't have that talent, nor does anyone in my family :( Y'all have to post photos, OK? :flower3:

On Indy, we happened to go through the first door (a rare event for us). There was one small added feature on the ride. I don't want to spoil it here, so I won't mention what it is. This feature is at the beginning and we liked it.
OH cool! :3dglasses I didn't know about this.

Oh no they d'int!!!! :mad: As skiingfast would say, that really puts the sand in my shorts. Oh something like that :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter