Halloween Horror Nights 2013

Any more news / rumours yet?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

/\ :thumbsup2will add that if this year's houses are as scary as the rack rates for HHN weekends, it'll be a boffo HHN.;)

:rotfl:

We're at Universal from the 9th to the 13th of October, so that's 3 nights of HHN we'll be avoiding (we leave on the 13th), I think. And right now the price certainly is high! So so so hoping for a bit more of a discount, that's for sure....

(then again, high at RPR is actually exactly rack rate for Port Orleans Riverside for the same dates, so maybe I shouldn't consider it to be "high"?)

Hotel discounts are the same during HHN as any other time of year (AP, AAA, Stay More/Save More). However, as HHN is very popular, those rates tend to sell out quickly.

The AAA rate is usually available when those dates are released, but can only be obtained by calling the hotel reservation number or using AAA's website. The AAA rate usually doesn't display on the Loew's website.

APH rates might be available when dates are released for booking, but usually only become available 3 to 6 months in advance. If available, it will display on the Loew's website, but you have to request with the APH code.

Stay More/Save More (SMSM) is the wildcard. For long stays (at least 5 nights), it will beat both the APH and AAA rate. For shorter days, the other rates are better. If the rate is available, it will typically display on the Loew's website without any special code.

My advice is if you're sure that you're staying on property and you know your dates, book as early as you can, even if the rate you want isn't available. Then keep checking rates and if the rate becomes available, contact the reservation center and get the cheaper rate applied to your reservation.

This will be our 3rd time staying on site at US, but never during HHN. DD is turning 16 and loves all thing scary, so HHN is a must for us.

I have an APH (but DD and DH do not) and am confused about getting the best deal for us. We will be staying Oct 9-12 2013 at HRH.

I can book now online and get the Stay-more-Save-more discount of 10% off per night and hope to apply my APH discount when/if available.

Buy HHN tickets with the APH discount or add the Stay and Scream to DD's and DH's park tickets

I can wait to book a Gory Getaway Package when they are available and see if it's cheaper than booking the hotel, park tickets and HHN tickets separately.

Any help with getting the best deal is appreciated or any other suggestions on HHN tickets, HHN express pass or packages.

Oh no...not again! I don't think I could take the abuse since I'm so much older than last time. I might even need a wheelchair this year. :eek:

:laughing:........Older!!!!!! Never.....

It`s not been that long...............

I`m looking forward to the build up as well this year, as I`ve avoided it last couple of years as we were not going!!!!!!

So I`m watching out for every rumour and hint :cool1:

After all our years visiting Universal my DW and I are doing our first HHN. Yes that's crazy never been since we started going in 1992, lol. We have been there plenty of times years ago during the day around HHN but never went. We are very excited and can't wait. We are really not big haunted house people but used to do them back
In the day in our local town.

This will be our 3rd time staying on site at US, but never during HHN. DD is turning 16 and loves all thing scary, so HHN is a must for us.

I have an APH (but DD and DH do not) and am confused about getting the best deal for us. We will be staying Oct 9-12 2013 at HRH.

I can book now online and get the Stay-more-Save-more discount of 10% off per night and hope to apply my APH discount when/if available.

Buy HHN tickets with the APH discount or add the Stay and Scream to DD's and DH's park tickets

I can wait to book a Gory Getaway Package when they are available and see if it's cheaper than booking the hotel, park tickets and HHN tickets separately.

Any help with getting the best deal is appreciated or any other suggestions on HHN tickets, HHN express pass or packages.

This is the pricing from last year http://www.wdwinfo.com/universal/parkinfo/halloween-horror-nights.htm#pricing

I think it will be very similar to this year. (scroll down midway on the page)

Sounds like you're only doing HHN for one night. I'd advise getting the Express Pass to guarantee seeing all of the houses. That weekend is Columbus Day weekend so its typically very busy.

Take advantage of the Stay and Scream holding area if you can. You don't need a special ticket for this, just a normal day ticket and a HHN ticket.

If you do the Stay and Scream holding area and purchase the Express pass, don't use the Express pass when you're released. The lines will be short for the first hour or two, and then you can use the Express pass later in the evening.

Definitely get the Express Pass if you go during a busy time. Ours were worth their weight in gold last year.

Normally we do one night with Express, but what are opinions on instead doing 2 nights, no Express?

Normally we do one night with Express, but what are opinions on instead doing 2 nights, no Express?

Two nights w/o would be OK. I usually buy the Frequent Fear Pass and depending on the budget may get Express added. But if not...no biggie. Multiple visits will insure seeing everything instead of a single night with Express.

Hey guys :) quick couple of questions; My DBF and I are going to Disney September 20-25 and were planning on going to HHN the night of the 20th. That being the opening night, how crazy busy is it? Think we will be able to do all houses? I've been several times, but usually later in October. Also, any prices on Florida resident one day passes? Thanks!

Hey guys :) quick couple of questions; My DBF and I are going to Disney September 20-25 and were planning on going to HHN the night of the 20th. That being the opening night, how crazy busy is it? Think we will be able to do all houses? I've been several times, but usually later in October. Also, any prices on Florida resident one day passes? Thanks!
No prices will be released until summer. I go every opening night and it's pretty busy. Last year it was a monsoon for most of the evening. Lots of people left but I managed to do all but two houses. You will need to spend the entire evening if you want to do all the houses w/o Express. I think it might be a little better this year with lines because the construction of Transformers is finished and I can bet it will be open during HHN. That will help with the lines.

No prices will be released until summer. I go every opening night and it's pretty busy. Last year it was a monsoon for most of the evening. Lots of people left but I managed to do all but two houses. You will need to spend the entire evening if you want to do all the houses w/o Express. I think it might be a little better this year with lines because the construction of Transformers is finished and I can bet it will be open during HHN. That will help with the lines.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I think we might spring for Express...def will need it!

I noticed that the HHN express pass also includes some of the rides. If you're an onsite resort guest do you need this particular pass for the rides during HHN? I know you need the HHN express pass for the houses, but will your regular resort express pass work for the rides during the event?

No :worried: your resort express is not valid during the HHN event

I noticed that the HHN express pass also includes some of the rides. If you're an onsite resort guest do you need this particular pass for the rides during HHN? I know you need the HHN express pass for the houses, but will your regular resort express pass work for the rides during the event?
Your hotel EP does not work but the EP for HHN is good for once through each house AND all open attractions.

Any word on Walking Dead returning this year? I have read rumors, and I always love the idea of new things each year at HHN...but I love TWD and was unable to go last year.

Any word on Walking Dead returning this year? I have read rumors, and I always love the idea of new things each year at HHN...but I love TWD and was unable to go last year.
There won't be any official word for a while yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter