Happily Ever After to 'Ohana in...20 minutes?

HubbDave

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are
In August we have a 9:40PM ADR for 'Ohana at the Poly. After having seen video of HEA, I would love to see it and it is our only MK day. Any suggestions on how to see the show from within MK and still make it over to dinner in time? Skip watching it from the park and watch from the beach?
If there were no crowds it might be possible to view it from the train station then monorail over, but...I don't think it would happen as efficiently as I would think. The boat goes to GF first and might not make a launch.

Highly doubt you'd make it. Lines leaving the park then for transportation are a pain.

It's possible, maybe, if you watch it from the train station, then immediately exit and walk over to the Contemporary and get a cab or Uber from there. Might be simpler just to watch from the Poly beach though.

I would say to not even try. The best viewing locations for HEA are in the hub area in front of the Castle. If you watched it from there, it is easily a 10+ minute walk from there to the monorail station with walking through crowds, etc.

The only way I would say it is possible is if you watch from the train station and book it to the resort monorail right when it is over. Even then, I think you would be slightly late to your ADR.

I would really not even try to risk the situation I listed above. That situation is if you are absolutely lucky. I would personally keep checking and seeing if you could find an earlier time to Ohana. Check while you are on vacation also. People cancel as it gets closer to their reservation date.

You're going to have to choose which one is more important to you...no right or wrong answer with those two choices, but....there's no way you'd make the reservation on time and see HEA from inside the park....anywhere.

There's no way you'll make it in 20 minutes.

I've watched HEA from the ferry and the TTC. The fireworks were very impressive enough even without the seeing the projection. Granted it's not the full effect. I don't even think music was pumped in, and it was still better than I expected.

Yeah, I'll jump on the same bandwagon as everyone else - highly risky and likely very tough to pull off.

I've watched HEA from Poly and from inside the park. If this is your only MK day, I would recomend you cancel Ohana and plan to watch HEA from inside the park, ideally somewhere in the hub. That way you can relax, take it easy, and not have to worry about "rushing out" when it's over.

I think the "show" from Poly is still very good so that would be an alternative as well if you're determined to keep Ohana. But the in-park HEA experience definitely has a "wow" factor to it, so for me it'd be worth dropping Ohana.

I've heard the shows from the ferry/TTC station are pretty good viewing locations...and that is only a 5-10 min walk to poly.

It was a decent spot. Now with the new show it's very heavy on projections and the fireworks play into those projections. So to really experience the show you'll want to have a good view of the castle

Why eat such heavy meal so late in the evening? Just cancel the dining reservation, eat somewhere in park and then enjoy the show.

Personally I'd watch the fireworks from the Poly or TTC. Yes you will sacrifice a bit of your view but you will also save a lot of your sanity. At the end of the day it about your priorities. I've enjoyed Wishes from the comfort of the California Grill at lot more than waiting over an hour, squeezed in like a sardine all for a better view. Plus factor in the hour or more it takes to get back to your resort afterwards.

But that's me. Being relaxed, comfortable, with some measure of control over my surroundings and good food always trumps the view. For others this is not the case.

I can't think of a more lovely evening than spending it at the Poly, watching fireworks on the beach and then eating at 'Ohana afterwards :)

I would say either cancel the ADR, or watch from the beach at Poly. If you watch at the hub, I doubt you will even make it to the monorail station in 20 minutes.
Agree!!! Don't put that kind of pressure on yourself! Change your ADR or plan HEA a different night.

I think you have 15 minutes grace to arrive for your ADR so that gives you more like 35 minutes. I also think that if you watched HEA from as close to the MK exit as possible, it would be doable in that amount of time.

That said, it will be stressful. It's been my experience that a lot of ADRs open up close to the top of. A week before, I would start checking ADRs feverishly to get a better time. Plan B would be what I wrote above.

I think you have 15 minutes grace to arrive for your ADR so that gives you more like 35 minutes. I also think that if you watched HEA from as close to the MK exit as possible, it would be doable in that amount of time.

That said, it will be stressful. It's been my experience that a lot of ADRs open up close to the top of. A week before, I would start checking ADRs feverishly to get a better time. Plan B would be what I wrote above.
There is no official grace period for ADRs and WDW requests that you check in 15 minutes before. Being that the ADR is so close to Ohana's close time, i wouldn't chance a late arrival. I do agree to keep checking for cancellations for a different time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter