Happy Anni-birth-aversary...A 33 night Celebration & HHN too.....SF & RPR September 2022 TR

m still voting for an Adult Only event one year.....no babies, toddlers, tweens and best of all....no strollers!!!! Wishful thinking of course on most of our parts with that thought.
If only for one weekday even per week
And I`m hoping these first two houses are not the two houses that we have to walk what feels like 150 miles back and forward to each one.......I`d guess they will be
I’m wondering if MM might wind up in shrek
1920`s Speakeasy being the core of the house where the witches will entice you in to terrorise you.
Can’t remember name of house in shrek last year with Boris the detective. Especially liked the speakeasy room.
Hawaii mainly for the observatories
Yes but, so much more too. Cruising it was a nice way to catch the highlights
And Vegas.....just because.
Exactly. Never know what way the trip will zig or zag there. Imo it’s a no brainer for us when heading west to stop a night or two on the way
Seattle is ok-it is pretty and our daughter likes it. She also LOVES Alaska!
Seattle is Funky, yet classy at the same time. Where else do bums mostly wear dress suits when pan handling ?

I was shocked how much I enjoyed our only Alaskan cruise. Did an excursion that takes u in small boat right up to Water falls, glaciers & very close to the seals warming themselves on small ice flows near Juneau. Magical indeed.

I promised a quick USH update-there are a lot of pros and cons, but god I wish I was doing HHN-the terror tram alone would be worth it to walk through those sets.

PS the tour and waterworld shows alone are worth the price of admission.

Oh and do the most expensive VIP parking-comes with water and snacks AND it was a 1:30 minute walk from the exit point to our car. Well worth the $60

I can’t say that I like anything jumping out at me or touching me. Almost had a heart attack when some beach performer jumped in front of me on Venice Beach. I jumped 10 feet in the air! The only thing I would enjoy at HHN Hollywood is that they have Death Eaters in Harry Potter world this year. That would be neat.

Attachments

• 995BF12F-2899-400A-AD3B-42D1AA1AC9B7.jpeg
    995BF12F-2899-400A-AD3B-42D1AA1AC9B7.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 2
If only for one weekday even per week

I’m wondering if MM might wind up in shrek

Can’t remember name of house in shrek last year with Boris the detective. Especially liked the speakeasy room.

Yes but, so much more too. Cruising it was a nice way to catch the highlights

Exactly. Never know what way the trip will zig or zag there. Imo it’s a no brainer for us when heading west to stop a night or two on the way

Seattle is Funky, yet classy at the same time. Where else do bums mostly wear dress suits when pan handling ?

I was shocked how much I enjoyed our only Alaskan cruise. Did an excursion that takes u in small boat right up to Water falls, glaciers & very close to the seals warming themselves on small ice flows near Juneau. Magical indeed.

Well, Halloween will be in one of the soundstages this year......I was glad to hear that.

I do like the sound of a good Speakeasy......can you imagine the whole park as one on a HHN where there are no kids around......how fun!!!! I do wonder how many kids/strollers/toddlers will be there this year.

Folks have so many views on Vegas, but I think we`d definitely like to see it, certainly some of the hotels look stunning, the one our friend stays in is absolutely the one we`d go to. It`s just one of those places you have to see. And yes, Hawaii offers a lot I think we`d enjoy too.

I promised a quick USH update-there are a lot of pros and cons, but god I wish I was doing HHN-the terror tram alone would be worth it to walk through those sets.

PS the tour and waterworld shows alone are worth the price of admission.

Oh and do the most expensive VIP parking-comes with water and snacks AND it was a 1:30 minute walk from the exit point to our car. Well worth the $60

Glad you`re having a nice time there.

I can’t say that I like anything jumping out at me or touching me. Almost had a heart attack when some beach performer jumped in front of me on Venice Beach. I jumped 10 feet in the air! The only thing I would enjoy at HHN Hollywood is that they have Death Eaters in Harry Potter world this year. That would be neat.

We do like a good scare!!!

And yes, Death Eaters are so much fun!

@schumigirl just a quick question since you are an expert on all things Universal - do you book a holiday package through Virgin Holidays or do you book direct with the hotel of your choice and then flights separately? Thanks in advance 😊

Virgin Atlantic flight only for us.

Flights are live 11 months out from your return date, so our flights are booked more or less as soon as dates are released.

Are you planning a trip sometime soon........:D

i-C9dzS29-M.gif

It`s Monday......and Friday is opening night for HHN....... 👻

For us it`s been a long 3 years since we were last at the event, obviously because of the travel ban, otherwise we`d have been there with bells on!!

But, I think it just means we`ll appreciate it more than we usually would have and I do think this years event will be outstanding from everything I`ve read and heard too 👂

Not having Stranger Things for us is a good thing!!

But, we are so desperate to just be back again during such an amazing event.

There is so much more to our trip of course than HHN, but that is our main reason for being there this time of year.

I popped over to see one of our friends who has a birthday this month with her very early card and gift.......I did wonder how long she has known me as she asked me a question no one ever asks me before any trip.........🥴

My answer...

cv60-M.jpg

::yes::

Tomorrow...

Yesterday we fought our moody printer and got our documents finally printed off to show we have had all our vaccinations and boosters to get on the flight, we uploaded them to the VA website and today we got our email asking to choose our main meals on the flight out......it`s the simple things at times that make you smile 😉......and choosing a meal that you`d never order in a restaurant in a million years is weirdly pleasing.

Tom and I have both opted for chicken lasagne, I`m not a pasta fan at all, but when I make my own lasagne I use a layer of eggplant instead of one layer of lasagne sheets to cut back a little, but I do enjoy my own lasagne, albeit never with chicken.

The other options were a salmon dish but it came with minted peas and I hate both of those ingredients with a passion, other dish was a vegetarian curry which didn`t sound too bad, if it hadn`t had paneer in it.....cannot eat that in any form. So, chicken lasagne is the best of a bad bunch.

The meals on the plane tend to be a time filler more than anything, we have our own snacks along the way too and add that to the wine and fizz they serve, time passes quite well especially if you can manage a few hours sleep.

We have some meets already organised, some from the Dis and others folks we have met on previous trips or our friends from the hotels and we cannot wait to meet them all.

Weather......well, our friend told us they`ve had a lot of rain, but said it`s due to change....just in time for us :sunny:......of course! But, we do know it`s going to be hotter than Hades which will be fine.

i-vqHDZsL-Th.jpg

:-)

Your trip is almost here, isn't it? Hope you have a wonderful time!

Thank you Cara.....

It`s very close, and the weather we have today is making us want to be there even more......so cloudy, but weirdly warm! :wave2:

:jumping1: It's getting soooo close now. It must be packing day :cool1: :banana:

Have a safe flight and I know you will enjoy every moment while you are there!!!!

Norway was one of the most stunning places I have ever seen. We didn`t see the Northern lights due to cloud, but jeez.....gorgeous place! Although cold. Very cold 🥶
Norway, Austria and Germany are a few of the places in Europe we would love to see. We have very German roots, along with some UK, Scottish and italian tossed for fun lol. One day we will get to Europe. It's hard enough for us to get across to eastern Canada then get over to Europe. As for Banff....Banff is beautiful but if you are coming that far - you need to go to Jasper as well. IMO it is more beautiful...and it's only a 4 hr drive north all through the park. There are so many things to see while going through the park - the Columbia Ice Fields are amazing! The wild life and speed is why it take so long. They are actually not the far apart. And if you go to Banff/Jasper - you could go to wine country in BC which is a relatively short flight or drive more west. It is a beautiful area as well...and there is lots of wine there too ;)

Interesting fact:
It is actually shorter for you to go from the UK to Toronto/Montreal/Halifax than it is for me to travel from where I am to get to Eastern Canada. That's how large Canada is. Most of the world doesn't realize how vast our country is.

Well, happy packing and I look forward to updates and possibly a quick stop- in as well!

Flights are live 11 months out from your return date, so our flights are booked more or less as soon as dates are released.

Lol I couldn’t sleep so I lay in bed in the wee small hours planning dream Christmas trips

I couldn’t sleep so I was planning out dream Christmas trips for my family and my daughter & her family and thought a week or 2 at US would be just the thing 😁

:jumping1: It's getting soooo close now. It must be packing day :cool1: :banana:

Have a safe flight and I know you will enjoy every moment while you are there!!!!

Norway, Austria and Germany are a few of the places in Europe we would love to see. We have very German roots, along with some UK, Scottish and italian tossed for fun lol. One day we will get to Europe. It's hard enough for us to get across to eastern Canada then get over to Europe. As for Banff....Banff is beautiful but if you are coming that far - you need to go to Jasper as well. IMO it is more beautiful...and it's only a 4 hr drive north all through the park. There are so many things to see while going through the park - the Columbia Ice Fields are amazing! The wild life and speed is why it take so long. They are actually not the far apart. And if you go to Banff/Jasper - you could go to wine country in BC which is a relatively short flight or drive more west. It is a beautiful area as well...and there is lots of wine there too ;)

Interesting fact:
It is actually shorter for you to go from the UK to Toronto/Montreal/Halifax than it is for me to travel from where I am to get to Eastern Canada. That's how large Canada is. Most of the world doesn't realize how vast our country is.

Well, happy packing and I look forward to updates and possibly a quick stop- in as well!

Packing tonight Pumpkin.......always have a glass of prosecco while we do that, makes is even more fun!!

I`m always amazed when folks don`t realise how vast both the USA and Canada are compared to the tiny UK. A couple we are very friendly with are almost done with their round the world retirement tour and Canada was on their travels too, and they loved that vastness and how you can drive for ages and not see anyone.....that`s just too remote for me. They had planned Banff, but had a change of plans due to flight changes.

I don`t think we`ve tried Canadian wine, although Tom swears we did once at a wine tasting and it was very similar to NZ wines which are a little too green for us......I have no memory of it......lol......

Thanks.....will certainly try to pop in.....I`m sure we`ll have enough down time to enjoy some ipad time!

I couldn’t sleep so I was planning out dream Christmas trips for my family and my daughter & her family and thought a week or 2 at US would be just the thing 😁

lol.....that`s a nice thing to dream about when you can`t sleep!!!

Sounds like it would make a lovely Christmas trip......you know it`s the right thing to do don`t you......lol...... ::yes::

lol.....that`s a nice thing to dream about when you can`t sleep!!!

Sounds like it would make a lovely Christmas trip......you know it`s the right thing to do don`t you......lol...... ::yes::
It's definitely something we want to do in the future. Kids are still a little bit young (well the baby is) and my son-in-law is Danish so they spend every other Christmas there plus my youngest is starting his GCSE year so with all that entails it will likely be 2024 at the earliest but I can still dream (and plan lol).
I've always done our trips like you -separate flights and hotel booking but found myself on the VH site an wow those prices are scary so I thought I'd ask the expert ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter