HappyGrumpy's QFTW Excellent Adventure! Aug 25th to 31st

HappyGrumpy

DIS Veteran
I am working a bit out of order on our slideshows. This link will be from day 2 WWR. I am working on our arrival day and the morning of Day 2 Hot Air Balloon Ride.

I want to tell you what I did not like about the trip as it is a shorter list:

#1)Wyoming Balloon Company: Their attitude for $600 was our balloon ride was that we had the longest of all the rides and that should have made up for any inconvienance with space. Bogus answer! if we had to do it again we would have skipped it. The only way it would be worth it is if ABD included it as a part of the trip and ABD required exclusivity of the morning. In other words no other words they would not be allowed to over book.

Again this was booked on our own and had nothing to do with ABD but for those of you who want to do it don't let them send you up crammed in like a sardine!!!

#2) Yellowstone allowed my Jr high science books to come to life however after the morning jaunt to see Old Faithful and then out to see the paint pots I would have been more than happy to mozzy on up to BLL! You can only see and smell that stuff but so much. It was VERY warm and to say our rooms were stuffy is putting it mildly. Everyone in our group had a very hard time sleeping. We even ended up with 2 fans and kept our shutters shut during the day as we had direct sunlight all day.

If I am going to be out sweating and enjoying the sights for the day, I want to come back to my nice cool room and be able to get out of the heat and cool off. Not going to happen at this place. They claim that they don't want to take away from the historical aspect of yellowstone with AC This is load of Bison Pooh!

They have a HUGE gift shop, webcam and plenty of smokers that leave a nice giant carbon footprint! Had we not had our Macbook Pro and season 2 of LOST with us it would have sucked even more. We decided that once is all we needed to see Yellowstone in that capacity. Again one night would have been plenty and a 3rd night at BLL would have been outstanding.

3)Playhouse experience was OK but food was average at best and we would have like to have had a different choice for dining.

PRO'S
1) LOVED LOVED LOVED the trip. The WWR and BLL and the Horseback Riding at BLL were AMAZING! The food Our Cabin and the atmosphere was just so amazing I am really lost for words. I saw and did things that I never would have done had I not gone on this trip. Our guides were fantastic and we had some very funny moments that left us all laughing till we cried! Wonderful people wonderful memories. As soon as we can find the funds we will do another ABD.

Here is the link hope you enjoy!

http://gallery.me.com/samashsound/100020

Yes, I enjoyed the link - reliving the experience. :-)

We had such a great time with ya'll!
We are ready to cruise with you guys if you would let us! We have more pics coming soon!

Here is a new slide show. If you click on the link and want to see pics of the hotel and room just click on My Gallery!

The weather in Wyoming that week was great but definitely warmer than what we expected. As I stated Yellowstone was the only uncomfortable place at night.

The morning of the HAB ride the weather was perfect I just wish they would not have crammed us in a 3x3 slot with a perfect stranger.

I hope you enjoy the Pics!

http://gallery.me.com/samashsound#100037

Those are some amazing pictures, HappyGrumpy!
Thanks for sharing!!!! (Even though your balloon ride was cramped, the pictures were wonderful). Glad you had a great time on Q4TW!
Thanks!

Turtlemom

Those are some amazing pictures, HappyGrumpy!
Thanks for sharing!!!! (Even though your balloon ride was cramped, the pictures were wonderful). Glad you had a great time on Q4TW!
Thanks!

Turtlemom

Thank You so much for taking a look! It's allot of fun to share memories and perspectives! I will have more galleries up soon!

I am enjoying the pics. Thanks for posting. It was great meeting you guys too. We had a blast. Our next cruise is in January, your's is in December correct?

We will miss crusing in December, we have done that the last 5 years with the 'reunion' group.

I am enjoying the pics. Thanks for posting. It was great meeting you guys too. We had a blast. Our next cruise is in January, your's is in December correct?

We will miss crusing in December, we have done that the last 5 years with the 'reunion' group.

Loved meeting you both as well and appreciate your hubby keeping my hubby in stitches!

We just moved our Dec 4 day cruise to Jan 10th. I am doing the half marathon on the 9th. Wanted to give myself a goal. Go Run at the World and then go Run onto the ship!! When in Jan is your 7 day?

It feels so weird not having an ABD to look forward to. We have a total of 2 (4 ) night cruises booked and I still feel weird!!

What to do What to do Tisk Tisk!

HG

Hi HappyGrumpy!
I am glad you had such a great trip. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Loved meeting you both as well and appreciate your hubby keeping my hubby in stitches!

We just moved our Dec 4 day cruise to Jan 10th. I am doing the half marathon on the 9th. Wanted to give myself a goal. Go Run at the World and then go Run onto the ship!! When in Jan is your 7 day?

It feels so weird not having an ABD to look forward to. We have a total of 2 (4 ) night cruises booked and I still feel weird!!

What to do What to do Tisk Tisk!

HG

We are 7 day cruising on the 16th. At least we both have the cruise to look forward to. We'll be at BLT- 2 days- the week after the marathon. Good luck on the run. Keep me posted on your progress.

HG,
Thanks for posting the links and your impressions of the trip. I'm glad now we didn't do the balloon trip. I agree that BLL was an amazing place! Off to view your slide show again!
TK

HG,
Thanks for posting the links and your impressions of the trip. I'm glad now we didn't do the balloon trip. I agree that BLL was an amazing place! Off to view your slide show again!
TK

Thx so much I will have another gallery and slide show up tonight! I know that if Disney did the ballon thing that we would have had a different experience. But it's a risk you take when you book outside of the "normal" trip excursions.

We did get some good shots which I am grateful for!

I am so ready to do another ABD we just have to find the funds!

You will see pics of Elk, Bambi, Chip & Dale and some beautiful scenery. Jenny Lake and the hike to Hidden Falls were just fabulous! We were so blessed with the weather!

FYI there is a good amount of hiking on this trip and it's not for the faint hearted. We were the only adults only group and there were a few moments when I looked at the incline and was like "your kidding right". But did it and never looked back and the reward was oh so sweet!

The song we chose for this is pretty rocking but we love the words and felt it was a rocking enough day to warrant it!

I hope you enjoy the next installment! We will have all 3 days up to to this point in our web gallery tonight so if you don't want to look at the slide show you can look at the pics instead!

http://gallery.me.com/samashsound#100038

Hey, HG, I'm finally catching up with everything. Glad you had a great trip. I'll have to wait to check out your slideshows, as I can't access them at work... But I'm sure they'll be wonderful!

Sayhello

http://gallery.me.com/samashsound#100102

I have to say Castle Geyser was my personal favorite when it came to the whole geyser thing. Old Faithful was cool but Castle was more dramatic in look and display.

Warm Day and the lack of AC sucked BUT the beauty did not let us down!

I do have the gallery of just the pics if you do not want to watch the video. Just click on the link and click on my gallery to look at the pics!

Look for the Hidden Mickey! Let me know what you guys think!

HG

Real Quick stuff I forgot to mention earlier.

The pictures are in sequence as we hiked about a mile to AP. These were the shots we got along the way. This hike was breathtaking and this was my 2nd favorite spot on the trip with Brooks Lake being my 1st. I will post BBL tommorow!

There was a special on Yellowstone on the Travel channel the other night and it made my husband and I grateful we took this trip. I truly don't believe we would have visited this side of our country without the "encouragement" of ABD.

The missing bark you see off the trees with fresh sap was where a bear had been not too long before us scratching his back .:scared1:

Hope you enjoy!
http://gallery.me.com/samashsound#100119

http://gallery.me.com/samashsound#100112

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter