Has a Disney Ride Ever Made Your Interest For the Movie the Ride Was Based on, More Interesting?

Mark G.

Earning My Ears
Has a Disney Ride based on a movie ever gave you more interest for that movie? Maybe even some of the movies have collectibles at Disney land and Disney World that make you focus more on the story line and characters because the collectible or souvenir gives you lots of focus towards the movie?

The biggest one for me is Flight of Passage/Pandora at Animal Kingdom. Before these I didn't really care much for Avatar, it was definitely my least favourite James Cameron movie but the rides and the land made me take another look at the movie and appreciate it a lot more than I did before.

Yes. The Muppets Haunted Mansion Halloween special. I love the Muppets but basing the movie off the ride made me that much more excited.

Getting into Disney parks kind of got me back into Disney to an extreme degree. I mean, I was always a fan, but I knod of became a mega-fan when I started visiting as an adult. The rides definitely upped my appreciation of the movies and vice-versa.

Pirates of the Caribbean; my son loved that ride on his first trip and that in turn made me fall in love with the ride, and then it made me actually want to watch the movie even though I had zero interest before taking my son on his first trip to Disney World.

The second is Avatar, I never cared for the movie until we went and experienced Pandora at WDW. Now I genuinely enjoy the movie.

Galaxy’s Edge is turning me into a Star Wars fan. Well, that and The Mandalorian.

I loved, loved, loved The Great Movie Ride, and it inspired me to want to watch some of the really older movies they had on the montage at the end.
Same here. The Great Movie Ride was one of my favorite rides as a kid and some of the movies featured in the ride (Singin' in the Rain and Casablanca) are a few of my favorite movies. I still think it was a mistake to get rid of it completely rather than give it a refurb/update. :(

The biggest one for me is Flight of Passage/Pandora at Animal Kingdom. Before these I didn't really care much.

This is totally off topic, but WDW magic still does exist.

My niece and her family were in AK recently, and had left the Avatar rides to the end of the night. I just happened to be online with them at the time and asked if she got Flight of Passage in? They had never been on either ride. First time to Animal Kingdom for most of them.

She goes - well with it getting late I think we will do Na'vi River only. Because I do think we will run out of time.There is a huge line-up for Flight of Passage and one of the kids won't be tall enough.

I go nope, nope, nope. They have a parent swap and check out the timing on the line. So they were told as long as they were in line by closing time, they are fine (I have been to WDW too many times to guess & always do late nights and still this was new to me - laughing).
So she goes we will do Na'vi and get in line. We should just make it.

So they finish Na'vi and ask someone how the parent/child swap works. And the CM finds out they have never been on (and maybe because there are four young children to deal with late into the day) & gives them a lightning lane pass or whatever they call it now. And because they were with a third adult she was able to do the swap and ride with her husband only on the second round. Such a lovely memory for them. And husband got two goes at it!

Well this ride they were going to give up on - they were all mesmerized to the point that her husband said he wanted to go home and build Flight of Passage in their basement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter