Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

bc818f56b9ce11e3b33812247d6e2fa4_8.jpg

Just got my magic bands, decided to go with a Tangled theme!

Reactions: rkw
This thread is filled with great ideas.

Has anyone put tattoos over a coat of nail polish? DD has some sun and lantern tattoos from Tangled and I'd like to put them on a sparkly lavender background. I just wonder how well they would stick to the nail polish.

This thread is filled with great ideas. Has anyone put tattoos over a coat of nail polish? DD has some sun and lantern tattoos from Tangled and I'd like to put them on a sparkly lavender background. I just wonder how well they would stick to the nail polish.
I put my tattoos over clear base coat.

I luv Figment and was so glad you took a stab at him because that is what I was planning to do next year. I think the pink band works well and He looks FABULOUS!

I'm considering decorating our magic bands for our next trip (didn't get a chance to last trip), and has anyone considered using UV nail polish? The reason I ask is when we were on our trip last time, I had used Dior Nail Glow nail polish, and noticed that my nails glowed under the blacklights on almost every ride we went on. I thought that was a nice alternative to glow in the dark polish, which can get cloudy after several coats.

Anyone recommend a good strong adhesive? I have some Wall-E jibbitz I want to cannibalize but I don't want them falling off.

Super glue?Gorilla glue? lock tite? Rubber cement?

Can anyone help with specific instructions on how to successfully apply the tattoos? I have read EVERY post, all 50 plus pages and am in love with how they look but when I tried it myself 1/2 the face slid off the band, the nail polish clumped and didn't want to come off even with elbow grease and I don't want to ruin my band ..... Any ideas, hints or tips would be great thank you so much!!

Posting our last two.

I added red nail polish to the red one I posted above (since the black had smeared a bit), then used a top coat. I now LOVE this one, too! Reminds me of Mr. Incredible now!

My DH decided to do his own green band. He used black Sharpie to outline the Mickey and then chose bright hot pink for the Mickey. :confused3

Guess real men do wear pink!:lmao::rotfl2:

My husband told me while I was customizing our third pair (!) that I never have to 'worry' about him wearing pink. I said why not, I think Pink is sexy on men! :rotfl:

Does anyone have suggestions for cheap nail polish brands/nail pen brands. I really don't want to spend a lot, but I have 3 bands to decorate and I don't want the nail polish to chip.

Does anyone have suggestions for cheap nail polish brands/nail pen brands. I really don't want to spend a lot, but I have 3 bands to decorate and I don't want the nail polish to chip.

Sally's beauty Supply sells really small bottles if nailpolish for $0.99. At my store they were on the side of the register and on the side of some end caps. I used those for my bands. I didn't use a top or bottom coat. HTH!

The Dollar Tree has nail supplies. I haven't tested them for chip resistance on the bands, but maybe if you use a decent top/base coat, that won't matter as much. ICE at Walmart is less than 2.00 a bottle and they have a 3in1 clear coat that holds up pretty well.

Anyone recommend a good strong adhesive? I have some Wall-E jibbitz I want to cannibalize but I don't want them falling off.

Super glue?Gorilla glue? lock tite? Rubber cement?

My MIL is planning to use jewelry glue to put some bling on hers. I haven't seen it yet, but I will let you know if it works. Plumber's glue, the kind that is dishwasher safe, might also be good. That way it could get wet too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter