Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Sally's beauty Supply sells really small bottles if nailpolish for $0.99. At my store they were on the side of the register and on the side of some end caps. I used those for my bands. I didn't use a top or bottom coat. HTH!

The Dollar Tree has nail supplies. I haven't tested them for chip resistance on the bands, but maybe if you use a decent top/base coat, that won't matter as much. ICE at Walmart is less than 2.00 a bottle and they have a 3in1 clear coat that holds up pretty well.

Thank you so much!!

francescaa said:
Thank you so much!!

I used the $1.97 bottle of ice from walmart and it lasted through my trip and still looks great. I used their silver, clear top coat and glow in the dark.

I'm considering decorating our magic bands for our next trip (didn't get a chance to last trip), and has anyone considered using UV nail polish? The reason I ask is when we were on our trip last time, I had used Dior Nail Glow nail polish, and noticed that my nails glowed under the blacklights on almost every ride we went on. I thought that was a nice alternative to glow in the dark polish, which can get cloudy after several coats.

I'm going to use loose glitter on the Mickey head part, then a polish with a little bit of glitter for the rest of the band, and put the UV polish over that. I'll be going this weekend, I'll let you know how it ends up. :)

I get so excited seeing all the new bands. My daughter already has her Little Mermaid theme design worked out for the most part. I'm wavering on mine and my husband is still thinking, too. My favorite color is purple, so I was bummed they didn't have a purple band. I'm thinking of doing a purple/green Merida, or a Minnie Mouse. I might do Minnie for the baby if I don't do it for mine.

My son's favorite character is Captain Jack Sparrow- and he loves pirates. I'm having a hard time coming up with something other than brown/orange color scheme for that. I don't like that idea, because he's almost 4 and fickle. ;) He likes Jake and the Neverland Pirates, too, but not as much as Captain Jack. His favorite color is green, so for right now I have a green band ordered. We have until May 7th to confirm our colors.

Maybe flesh color nail polish on the Mickey face, with an eye patch and a tiny earring? Someone posted earlier a white Mickey only and I thought it was so simple and yet it was still amazing.
:thumbsup2

Does anyone have suggestions for cheap nail polish brands/nail pen brands. I really don't want to spend a lot, but I have 3 bands to decorate and I don't want the nail polish to chip.

Keep an eye out at drug stores for sales. I got one of mine for .99 at Walgreens & bought Wet & Wild top coat for the same price.

I found two at Big Lots for just over $1. I also saw packs of all different colors there too but I can't remember exactly how much they were..around $10 I believe.

Go to discount department stores like Bealls, Ross or TJ Maxx. :)

I'm a 30 yo single male let me tell you it was interesting going in and buying nail polish and nail art pens! Lol I hope I did ok.
B640BFA2-13C4-4626-A691-C4F6A0F72DA6.jpg
8BBAA623-6FD4-4F67-BC46-8C9479D349B7.jpg
E010E563-4209-471A-AAE5-F5466CD84EF4.jpg
2663398D-FB24-4FBD-ACE9-75D65D5AC379.jpg
4F31A3BB-C33F-49E9-B155-FCA748375353.jpg

BBE50896-A2B2-4665-9BC8-DBDF5A8A2413.jpg

WOW!! Great Job!! :thumbsup2

I used plain old super glue to stick them on. They had adhesive on them to begin with, so I just put a little on it. I hope they stay on!

And as far as my snow comment, I just really get sick of telling people where I am from and hearing about all of the snow, since that is their perception of the city. You and I both know that there is much more going on here than snow!

But, I guess that comment is not true for this year! People are usually surprised when I tell them that Syracuse usually gets more snow than we do! And, I also work for a "chamber" type organization, so it is my mission to spread the good, not the bad!

I'm from the Utica area. I feel your pain and am SO wanting some WDW kind'a weather right now! :sick: So Sick of Winter!!

Buffalo over here. I usually don't complain too much about the snow. I've lived here my whole life so I'm used to it by now. But this year winter just doesn't seem to want to end :(

Can anyone help with specific instructions on how to successfully apply the tattoos? I have read EVERY post, all 50 plus pages and am in love with how they look but when I tried it myself 1/2 the face slid off the band, the nail polish clumped and didn't want to come off even with elbow grease and I don't want to ruin my band ..... Any ideas, hints or tips would be great thank you so much!!

:thumbsup2 I agree would love to know also. Have you tried it yet. Would love suggestions. Mine should be arriving any day and I don't live close to a store to get more tattoos.

What kind of tattoo is that Cinderella? The tattoos I've seen aren't as clear!

For those of you who used nail polish, did the bands smell bad even after they dried?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter