Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I just used a clear polish that had glitter in it, LA Colors, BCC 557 is what is on the bottom of the bottle. I bought a silver one that had the larger glitter flakes, IMO, it was not near as pretty and did not cover as well.

Thank you so much! I need to bling out my DD's magic band.

Heading to WDW on Sunday.....WOO HOO!!!!
DW did a great job on the DD7 (Minnie) and DD6 (Hello Kitty) bands.

MagicBand1.jpg

MagicBand2.jpg

Heading to WDW on Sunday.....WOO HOO!!!! DW did a great job on the DD7 (Minnie) and DD6 (Hello Kitty) bands.

Those look great!

1. Are those Minnie and Hello Kitty stickers or are those the things that go in Crocs? Are they super glued on?
2. On the green one, is that a Pluto sticker or temporary tattoo?
3. Did you use base coat, top coat,etc.

I just read through all 62 pages! My eyes hurt. :) There are some amazing bands on here!! I can't wait to try ours. Thanks everyone for the ideas and inspiration!!

Those look great!

1. Are those Minnie and Hello Kitty stickers or are those the things that go in Crocs? Are they super glued on?
2. On the green one, is that a Pluto sticker or temporary tattoo?
3. Did you use base coat, top coat,etc.

1 - They are Rainbow Loom (rubber band bracelet) connectors? At least that what DD was calling them. Had a little loop at the top that had to be cut off. Found them on and end cap at Micheal's. Super glued. FWIW we found that regular super/krazy glue worked better than the E6000 (or what ever it is). Super glue is more "watery" so we could put little drops down or spread it better. Just have to hold it on for about a minute or tape it down.

2 - Pluto sticker that is suspect as to whether it will stay on of not. Then glitter base coat over the top....then she actually went back and outlined everything and painted the tounge so it would stick out better. Was kinda of covered up otherwse.

3 - The purple on has several layers of different purple. Was originally a yellow band because we didn't know about decorating them unitil after they were ordered. DD favorite color is purple so there you have it. Followed by clear glitter coat on top. The other three are just clear glitter coats.

Was a lot of fun. Now we'll see how they hold up....but they seem pretty sturdy.

1 - They are Rainbow Loom (rubber band bracelet) connectors? At least that what DD was calling them. Had a little loop at the top that had to be cut off. Found them on and end cap at Micheal's. Super glued. FWIW we found that regular super/krazy glue worked better than the E6000 (or what ever it is). Super glue is more "watery" so we could put little drops down or spread it better. Just have to hold it on for about a minute or tape it down. 2 - Pluto sticker that is suspect as to whether it will stay on of not. Then glitter base coat over the top....then she actually went back and outlined everything and painted the tounge so it would stick out better. Was kinda of covered up otherwse. 3 - The purple on has several layers of different purple. Was originally a yellow band because we didn't know about decorating them unitil after they were ordered. DD favorite color is purple so there you have it. Followed by clear glitter coat on top. The other three are just clear glitter coats. Was a lot of fun. Now we'll see how they hold up....but they seem pretty sturdy.

Thanks!

Just a quick update. We just returned from our trip a few days ago and the bands held up very well. Got lots of compliments from CM on them.

oh no 62 pages to read through! I will get through it because I want to steal :rolleyes1 I mean borrow your ideas to make them cute! I will try to not become overwhelmed and have my heart burst from pure excitement!

I wonder if you put stickers on it and then the clear duct tape / packing tape or laminating stuff if that would work.. My other thought if you drew or printed a design and cut it to the size of the band on a thicker paper and just wrapped it with duct tape if that would work

If anyone is wondering about cheap nail polish; I just ordered several Wet and Wild nail polishes off Walgreens.com for $.99 each. They are also having buy one get one 50% off KISS nail art sets. I've found that there are better nail polish deals online then in stores and so far Walgreens had the best deals. I have four bands to decorate and all of the bands require several colors, and I didn't want to spend a lot on nail polish but so far these are the best deals I've found incase anyone was looking for inexpensive nail polish.

I wonder if you put stickers on it and then the clear duct tape / packing tape or laminating stuff if that would work.. My other thought if you drew or printed a design and cut it to the size of the band on a thicker paper and just wrapped it with duct tape if that would work

I can see clear tape working, but I would guess it would be extra difficult to keep fingerprints from obscuring the view of whatever you're trying to prevent from falling off.

Just so everyone knows, this thread has not been good for my pocketbook! Ha!! I have purchased nail polish (multiple shades,) temp tattoos, gems, nail art pens, duct tape, etc... all in preparation for the arrival of our bands. I'm not totally sure what I want to do yet, so I wanted to have options :) :)

Just so everyone knows, this thread has not been good for my pocketbook! Ha!! I have purchased nail polish (multiple shades,) temp tattoos, gems, nail art pens, duct tape, etc... all in preparation for the arrival of our bands. I'm not totally sure what I want to do yet, so I wanted to have options :) :)

Me too! I don't even have a design yet!

Has anyone worked with a stencil for nail polish? I'm going to paint the Wall-E logo on my band but I know it'll be horrible if I freehand it.

How about using the magic bands as a belt? We have so many, we were thinking - what kind of funny reactions would I get if I loop them all together and wear them as a belt at WDW? :)

Has anyone worked with a stencil for nail polish? I'm going to paint the Wall-E logo on my band but I know it'll be horrible if I freehand it.

I did! Somewhere in this thread is a picture of my Elsa band. I printed it out on sticker paper and cut it out with an xacto knife. Then I stuck it down and painted over it.

So here is our final set of bands for our trip this week! :cool1:

The very first one I did (Animal):

tumblr_mzpj445zJV1s8lvmoo1_1280.jpg

The official set for our trip (Nemo, Incredibles, Mickey, and Monsters):

tumblr_n51xqtVg1s1s8lvmoo1_1280.jpg

Reactions: rkw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter