Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Here is my DBF's magicband I did tonight, hopefully someone out there can recognize it despite my lack of artistic skills ;(

:thumbsup2 Oh yes - Love it! I was thinking about a similar theme for our fall trip but I'd only hope to do half as well.

Now this has me wondering about when the new season with the new Doctor will be starting or if I somehow missed it......got to go look! :rotfl:

Are you adding a base coat to the MB before you add the dots? If you are try base coat then dotting. Also make sure you do not add thick polish or too much to the dotter. When you start dotting should be a fairly quick down n up motion. Hope this helps. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I was dotting on the band itself. Thanks for taking the time. I will give it another try. Thank you!

Yes you apply tattoos the same way you would on skin. Just make sure base coat is fully dry before u apply the tattoos. Remember water n wet nail polish don't mix well so also make sure after applying tattoo you wait a few minutes for the water to dry in the band n tattoo before u apply base coat on top.

Welcome
Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

This is my first time looking through this thread and WOW....who knew people were doing such amazing things with tattoos and Magic Bands?! I can't wait to try this process. Did you use a certain type of nail polish for your base coats? Thanks for all the helpful ideas!

This is my first time looking through this thread and WOW....who knew people were doing such amazing things with tattoos and Magic Bands?! I can't wait to try this process. Did you use a certain type of nail polish for your base coats? Thanks for all the helpful ideas!

No specific brand. Just any base coast will do.

My artistic skills are very limited, but I was wondering what people think of using a water slide decal on a MB, and obviously putting a sealer over it.

Thanks
Mick

Here is my Malificent MagicBand

IMG_3020.jpg

and on my wrist

photo_1.jpg

It's originally a red MagicBand I painted purple (Planks A Lot - which is a Disney OPI colour from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection), and then used paint for the rest of the band...oh and I used a sharpie for the facial features as my brush wasn't thin enough for those lines. I burnt the right side of the band when I adhered Swarovski crystals around the Mickey head at Christmas time. :rotfl2: It looks much nicer covered up with paint though! :banana:

From Blah Blue, to Polynesian themed! Someone on this thread mentioned decorative duct tape. Before reading that I never knew one existed! I think these are perfect for our Poly trip coming up (in 24 days!!!). I am no artist, so a roll of tape and a box cutter worked out pretty well!

IMAGE_1550.jpg

From Blah Blue, to Polynesian themed! Someone on this thread mentioned decorative duct tape. Before reading that I never knew one existed! I think these are perfect for our Poly trip coming up (in 24 days!!!). I am no artist, so a roll of tape and a box cutter worked out pretty well!

Cute and oh so simple! Love it!

Love it! Great idea!

IMAGE_1550.jpg

Ditto! Think that's what I'll try too!

Ditto! Think that's what I'll try too!

Me too! I was just looking on Amazon at different designer Duct tapes! I know they sell the small, narrower rolls, but I can't remember what the width of the MBs is. I'm off to search the thread for the answer ;)

ETA: Found it in post #611 if anyone else is searching!

Thanks guys! I was amazed about the duct tape options. I plan on going to MNSSHP in September, and it turns out they make "bat" and even "candy corn" duct tape!

Regarding Duct Tape, I've noticed it before at Michaels, Dollar Tree, and Wal-Mart.

I just logged on to MDE and loved that it said I have six days (in big red font) to finish customizing my choices. Squeeeeeee :hourglass! I bought a used gray one off of ebay and have been using it to experiment with different nail polish combos. Even DH has gotten excited about it although he just wants ACU (digital Army Camouflage) on his.

Love seeing everyones' ideas!!!!

IMAGE_1550.jpg

Awesome! I was worried about paint and glitter chipping/cracking, but Duck Tape would be awesome! Thanks so much for the idea!

Regarding Duct Tape, I've noticed it before at Michaels, Dollar Tree, and Wal-Mart. I just logged on to MDE and loved that it said I have six days (in big red font) to finish customizing my choices. Squeeeeeee :hourglass! I bought a used gray one off of ebay and have been using it to experiment with different nail polish combos. Even DH has gotten excited about it although he just wants ACU (digital Army Camouflage) on his. Love seeing everyones' ideas!!!!

Ooohh, digi-flage. Now that will excite DH! Order grey, leave the Mickey head cut out with a scrap punch. Mmhuh. I think he'll like it! :)

Someone will need to report back as to how the duct tape holds up to the summer heat, sweating and swimming...

IMAGE_1550.jpg

Those look great! How did you know what size to cut your duct tape? Did you seal it with anything else, or just stuck the tape directly to the band? Did you coat it on top with anything?

I used 2" duct tape.

IMAGE_1563.jpg">

pressed MB in the tape (smoothed out lumps and bumps by stretching).

IMAGE_1564.jpg">

Used my nail to find outline of the colored part of MB.

IMAGE_1565.jpg">

Box cutter to follow the outline.

IMAGE_1566.jpg">

Even if it does not hold up well in heat and water (though it is Duct tape, which is pretty tough!), it peels off easily.

Hope that is helpful! Amazon has a ton of choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter