Has anyone had an AP extension to reflect the closure period?

So my platinum AP that expired on 4/5 has now been extended to 7/31/20 on the website (but not on the app yet). And my renewal is still showing an expiration date of 4/5/21. I’m hoping that gets updated next.

Update: App has now been updated and has this note under the original pass.

F677CD74-39E3-4CFA-818C-1BF404347A4B.jpeg

So my platinum AP that expired on 4/5 has now been extended to 7/31/20 on the website (but not on the app yet). And my renewal is still showing an expiration date of 4/5/21. I’m hoping that gets updated next.

Update: App has now been updated and has this note under the original pass.

View attachment 501975
so you renewed during the closure?

Mine looks like it was done wrong. I don’t want to have to call 😢😢😢
View attachment 501931
I got through on the phone after an hour on hold and then talked with the cast member for an hour. He did note that my case was definitely strange. He had to escalate it up. Basically all I wanted was assurance that what ever was going to happen was going to happen to the correct account. Fingers crossed 🤞

I have yet to see ours extended checked app and website, logged out and back in. Platinum Plus paid in full, expiration date 10/5/2020.

I’m FL resident gold mine still showed my og 11/30/20 date but then when I reopened the app to check on my sisters AP it switched over to 3/27/21 for me (hers still shows her original December 2020 as her expiration and my parents and brother in law whose passes expired over the closure are gone they all have/had FL resident silver)

The APs for me, my husband and my daughter that were supposed to expire in November 2020 are now extended to March 2021.

However, the AP for my son that is supposed to expire in August 2020 still doesn't show any extension.

All are Platinum passes paid in full with DVC discount.

OMGosh!!! Finally!!!

My DD19's Platinum AP (we're out of state) that had an expiration date of April 13, 2020 has finally been extended to August 8, 2020! What a relief. I was checking both my desktop and the app every 15 minutes or so for the last two days (up from 10 times a day prior).

I was starting to believe it would never happen.

Now off for a run for me. Disney... do not open the parks reservation system in the next 40 minutes! (Actually I might come in after the first loop to check). I know there are many people still needing their APs updated so it shouldn't really be today anyway.

December 27 expiration here, and no extension yet. It’s not like it’s urgent, so I am not concerned yet.

I got through on the phone after an hour on hold and then talked with the cast member for an hour. He did note that my case was definitely strange. He had to escalate it up. Basically all I wanted was assurance that what ever was going to happen was going to happen to the correct account. Fingers crossed 🤞
So after seeing mine update, I think I may understand yours (whether I can actually explain what I think is going on is a different story). 😁
My AP expired during the time the park is closed, but I had already renewed it. Before the date was extended, it only showed the renewed pass. When the expired AP was extended, it first showed a new date on the website and then it also showed the renewal with the old date - like yours (except you have two different pass types). This kind of concerned me, and I was hoping that the renewal would eventually be updated to show the new expiration date. A little bit after the website updated, the app updated and it included a note that said the new pass would take effect after the old one expires - which I take to mean that the new one’s expiration date will update when the old one expires (for me 7/31). This note is only on the app and not on the website.

I could be interpreting this wrong, but I would guess your new pass will be updated on July 11th when the old one expires (even though it is showing the wrong type of pass).
B86A8C6F-F792-4F25-B567-56CE8EBBB727.jpeg
ETA: Whelp, my renewal just updated its expiration date to 7/31/21, so I didn’t need to wait for the current one to expire for a new date to show...

Last edited:
My family has 4 Platinum annual passes, none extended yet. We have:
10/03/2020 x 2
10/26/2020
10/27/2020

My dad and brother are going in the beginning of August, but don't have resort reservation yet. Since there are no fastpasses and they book dining day of, no rush for us! I'm guessing it's a manual process for them so will take some time to update.

My AP that was set to to expire 3/24 has been restored and now has an expiration date of 07/19/2020 and I can now renew, while my wife's AP still shows it's original expiration date of 10/27/2020. My question is if I renew now, what will be the expiration date, will it be 7/19/2021 or 3/24/2021?

My AP that was set to to expire 3/24 has been restored and now has an expiration date of 07/19/2020 and I can now renew, while my wife's AP still shows it's original expiration date of 10/27/2020. My question is if I renew now, what will be the expiration date, will it be 7/19/2021 or 3/24/2021?
it will be using the new date

So after seeing mine update, I think I may understand yours (whether I can actually explain what I think is going on is a different story). 😁
My AP expired during the time the park is closed, but I had already renewed it. Before the date was extended, it only showed the renewed pass. When the expired AP was extended, it first showed a new date on the website and then it also showed the renewal with the old date - like yours (except you have two different pass types). This kind of concerned me, and I was hoping that the renewal would eventually be updated to show the new expiration date. A little bit after the website updated, the app updated and it included a note that said the new pass would take effect after the old one expires - which I take to mean that the new one’s expiration date will update when the old one expires (for me 7/31). This note is only on the app and not on the website.

I could be interpreting this wrong, but I would guess your new pass will be updated on July 11th when the old one expires (even though it is showing the wrong type of pass).
View attachment 502026
ETA: Whelp, my renewal just updated its expiration date to 7/31/21, so I didn’t need to wait for the current one to expire for a new date to show...
I’m not alone!!!! 🥰 LOL

Yup - 5-27-2020 expiration. Extended to 9-27-2020. Useless.

We don't want it. Already requested partial refund.

Instead? Bought two NEW Gold APs, unactivated. Give me a partial refund. KEEP nasty extension. We will activate when there is something to activate for.

Just checked the app, after logging out and back in, and DW and my AP golds were extended from Dec 3 to March 30, 2021.

(I’m a new member but been lurking here off and on for too many years.)

Mine is missing from my account, logged out and back in and its still missing. Then I logged into my account on the webpage and nothing there. Pass didn’t expire until end of May
Exact same situation here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter