Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Yes that helps thank you! So the new day is clickable at that time without reloading or refreshing the app?
Mine was always clickable at midnight. It kinda made me panic the first day because I thought I had missed it. I had the day highlighted and right when it turned to 9, I hit the time of day I was looking for. I’m east coast so 9am est and 6am pst.

We got our reservations for Oga’s this morning. I didn’t try or look at the app before 6am. We are only doing 3 ADR’s since we have a bigger group and need to do 2 separate reservations for Oga’s and LL. It’s incredibly frustrating that some are still dropping at 3am. Im fine with getting up at 6am a couple days but I can’t be up all night checking.

So I woke my husband up at 5:58 and we got our apps ready. Of course his was messed up or not signed in or something lol so we ended up with a 7:20 time and a 5:40 time. Fine, I’ll set alerts.

But of course I kept checking (can’t give up!) and it ended up changing. There seemed to be A LOT of time swapping going on. I ended up with a 5:25 time that I booked and cancelled the 7pm time at 6:15am.

Any ideas why Carthay hasn’t had any reservation drops since 11/4? Trying to book soon for our late November trip and a bit concerned - especially since it shows the restaurant closes on 11/16

Last edited:
Curious about this as well. Where do you see they are closed 11/16?
If you type in Carthay on the app and go to reserve dining from the restaurant page itself and then go to select a date, it’s hash marked as Closed on the calendar for that day.

I have my dining notifications set for 11/17 at dinner time, just hoping that they flood open the November reservations soon and the place isn’t shut for some odd reason for 2+ weeks during the holiday season starting up…

Currently there have been no available reservations released at all for Carthay from 11/6-11/19.

Last edited:
After all the fuss, we ended up dropping most of our ADRs. We never made it to Lamplight Lounge (we realized the first day that the times I was able to get wouldn't work for us) or BB (same reason). We also cancelled River Belle.

We kept Carthay Circle Alfresco, and it was one of our very best meals and experiences. Ditto Trader Sam's -- that was awesome and our favourite park experience after RoTR. We snagged a Cafe Orleans ressie while at the park, and that was another winner-everyone loved their meal.

I got to go solo walk up to Oga and that was a short wait. Worth it!

So, next trip, I'll still try for some ADRs, but I won't be too concerned with whether we get them or not. Except for Trader Sam's, I think I could convince my DH to wake up early to snag one of those reservations!

Currently there have been no available reservations released at all for Carthay from 11/6-11/19.

That has been my observation as well. Been able to get everything on our list so far (trader sams, lamplight, f!rb-premium) except Carthay. Have seen many of the hard to get places such as Olga's, woc, etc.

That has been my observation as well. Been able to get everything on our list so far (trader sams, lamplight, f!rb-premium) except Carthay. Have seen many of the hard to get places such as Olga's, woc, etc.
Here’s hoping they open them all up in the near future - that’s the only place I haven’t secured yet and it will be our first time going there and we have all been really looking forward to trying it out!

You got RBT Premium??? Lucky!

Trying to book Thanksgiving reservations for Nov 24. We started before 6am est, it's now 615am est and nothing is available. The 24th is available as an option but nothing at the restaurants, it doesn't say full, it just says it can't be booked. What is the scoop for Thanksgiving? In the past I had to call, but that was many years ago. Help!

Trying to book Thanksgiving reservations for Nov 24. We started before 6am est, it's now 615am est and nothing is available. The 24th is available as an option but nothing at the restaurants, it doesn't say full, it just says it can't be booked. What is the scoop for Thanksgiving? In the past I had to call, but that was many years ago. Help!

You may have been too early. Mostly reservations open at 6 am Pacific, though some people have gotten access earlier.

(It’s 7:02 MDT, and I’m seeing availability for 11/24.)

They usually start allowing a new booking day at 6AM Pacific Time, but the last 2 days they started at 3 AM Pacific Time. I was able to check both mornings at 3 AM Pacific Time. Lots of availability except the only thing I was looking for: Carthay Circle Alfresco Dining. I'm starting to think that Carthay Circle keeps all the availability slots for walk-up lists and they don't release anything for the 60 day reservation system.

Last edited:
All reservations are open. Still no Carthay or Napa. So annoying.

They usually start allowing a new booking day at 6AM Pacific Time, but the last 2 days they started at 3 AM Pacific Time. I was able to check both mornings at 3 AM Pacific Time. Lots of availability except the only thing I was looking for: Carthway Circle Alfresco Dining. I'm starting to think that Carthway Circle keeps all the availability slots for walk-up lists and they don't release anything for the 60 day reservation system.
It put the quote and then my comment in two seperate posts. Whoops! I can't seem to delete it. My comment below.

Last edited:
I was trying for Storyteller’s starting at 5:55 am PST. They weren’t open yet for reservations. I hit refresh on repeat and when 6 am came, nothing available. 🙄 Is it possible they haven’t opened them yet?

From what I have observed and to keep in mind with adrs is that there are several methods of booking an adr and if you can't find what you are looking for, then make sure you are trying all methods (app and plus sign for adr; app and search restraunt and then availability; do the same but on the website). Incognito moods helps as well. Each day seemed a different method worked, but not all methods work all the time

I've tried them all: app, different browsers, restaurant page, general dining search filtered. It's not that is not open, it actually says there's no availability for that timeframe. The only explanation I have is that certain restaurants don't release availability for certain days and retain all the slots for concierge, club 33 and the walk-in queue. I wish they would be more transparent about this. It's really not cool to mislead people and have them wake up in the middle of the night for no reason.
I'm not complaining about the reservation system itself. It's just a few restaurants that silently decide to not participate during certain days. The silent part is the one that frustrates me.

Last edited:
We're also trying for Thanksgiving reservations.
All the articles about Thanksgiving indicate Storytellers is usually open for brunch and dinner. However only brunch is listed for this year.
Additionally, Napa, Goofy's Kitchen, etc all say no times (times cannot even be selected to search - they're greyed out) for Thanksgiving, but all times are searchable for Nov 23. We've tried on our phones and computers.

Also, when do reservations for fantasmic-on-the-go open? Again, everything is greyed out for any dates beyond Nov 13.

ETA: I've gotten other reservations (incl Trader Sams) for the Nov 19-22 timeframe. The online reservations have always opened right at 6 am PST for me. Today, Blue Bayou and Carnation were already open when we searched around 5:10 am PST (but ONLY on my husbands account, which had our hotel reservation linked UNTIL we linked it on my account too and then I was also able to come up with times before 6 am PST).

It's currently 7:18 am PST and Goofy's, Napa, etc still aren't even searchable for me. When I select Nov 24, it says "there are no schedules available for the date selected."

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter