• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Nice! We were booking our first day today and were able to get Trader Sams.

Tomorrow I need to get Cafe Orleans because Blue Bayou still is open for ADR's yet
Wed - WOC Dessert Party
THurs - Plaza Dining Package
Fri - Lamplight lounge

Wish me luck!
Awesome! I have 2 more to try for, Lamp Light on Wednesday and Goofys on Thursday as a going away late breakfast/something to do while waiting to head to the airport for a late afternoon flight.

Good luck on yours! I personally liked Cafe Orleans more than Blue Bayou on our last trip, but BB is definitely a really cool place. I'm guessing they're waiting til they know for sure Pirates will be operating before releasing those.

I also booked this morning for July 7. I wasn’t sleeping well so checked at 2:30 am pacific and reservations were already available. They are dropping the dessert party slots really early—but as you said, sometimes they are still available much later in the day. I think they must have added a bunch of seating?
I'm thinking this too. They must have expanded the area.

I start tomorrow with my first of 5 days of booking ADR's. Any recommendations for a dinner in Downtown Disney??

As another poster said, we are doing Ralph Brennan's for the first time. However, I have eaten at some of the Brennan family restaurants in New Orleans, and they were excellent. I have heard good things about Tortilla Jo's, but we live in Texas and eat Tex-mex all the time. Catal looks interesting, but not as much with the announced changes.You could also do something at Grand Californian. GCH Craftsman Bar is supposed to be good and has a lot of availability. We are doing the Storytellers brunch for the first time. It look really good with both breakfast and lunchish options.

First timers to Disneyland. Will be there next week and we plan on walking over to Downtown Disney to grab dinner on the first night. I tried to make ressies at Tortilla Jo's but no go. Should we expect a Disney Springs kind of atmosphere? Where we meander around and grab a bite here or there - maybe even wait 30-45 minutes to sit down. Or will the pickings be slim and lines long? Like 7 pm on a Wednesday. Thanks!

First timers to Disneyland. Will be there next week and we plan on walking over to Downtown Disney to grab dinner on the first night. I tried to make ressies at Tortilla Jo's but no go. Should we expect a Disney Springs kind of atmosphere? Where we meander around and grab a bite here or there - maybe even wait 30-45 minutes to sit down. Or will the pickings be slim and lines long? Like 7 pm on a Wednesday. Thanks!

DTD is much smaller than Disney Springs. You can walk the whole thing in 10 minutes. But there are walk-up places to eat. We got a pizza from Napolini on the Sunday night of a busy weekend without much wait. If you were particularly wanting Tortilla Jo’s, there is a quick/counter service option there too.

If there's nothing available for reservations you could eat at one of the hotels. Have you looked for reservations at DLH or GC? They both have locations you could walk up to with a short wait. You can mobile order from Trader Sam's, I think.

Are people regularly seeing this message when searching for reservations? "We're sorry, there is a problem searching for reservations at this time."--seems to be coming up a lot for me lately.
I just had 3 early mornings trying to get reservations at 6 am pacific. Used the app and didn’t get this message when initially booking. I did get it when I tried to modify one of the reservations. After getting that message 4 or 5 times I was finally able to change the booking. I’m just grateful reservations dropped on time! I am not a morning person and waking up at 6 for 3 days was brutal. :)

Does DL have a 20 minute grace period to check into your dining reservation? I grabbed Ogas at 435 and realized after that I wanted to be at the flag retreat ceremony at 430. Didn't know how long that was, but I know it'd take at least 10 minutes to walk back to Batuu from there.

Does DL have a 20 minute grace period to check into your dining reservation? I grabbed Ogas at 435 and realized after that I wanted to be at the flag retreat ceremony at 430. Didn't know how long that was, but I know it'd take at least 10 minutes to walk back to Batuu from there.
If you want to actually watch the flag ceremony that time won’t work. I think there is a grave period but not 20 minutes. Even with a grace period it wouldn’t be enough time.

Has anyone heard anything about the Blue Bayou opening up again anytime soon?

I asked this in a separate thread and the response I got was that supposedly it is supposed to be done late June/early July but no confirmation or date. Still no option to book either. I am watching carefully as we are going earlier July and am hoping to grab a reservation.

So for those getting Trader Sams, what’s the trick? Via app or desktop?
0559?….

We ended up cancelling May to go in august instead but I had gotten Ogas and Lamplight but couldn’t ever see Trader Sams with ANY availability!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter