Has anyone seen the Canadian $ today?

DisneyLisa

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Wow...the exchange rate is 1.42 today...we were paying ~1.58 last summer and ~1.55 in 2001. Every little bit helps when you're planning a trip to WDW :D .

Isn't it great :teeth: I was happy when it got down to $1.50 ... but now I'm hoping it will go even further, maybe $1.40? One can only hope but that would be really sweet!

I know its great. I just went to the bank and picked up a little more for my next trip. I remember last April the exchange rate was 1.63.

They are predicting a 73 cent dollar by the Fall.WOOHOO if that will happen.

So who has the crystal ball...wondering if we should put a whole bunch down now on our cruise, which has to be paid in USD, or should we just stick with paying deposit now and hope that we truly do have a .73 cent dollar in the Fall!! Any guesses!?

I went to bank today and promptly purchased $350 US and only cost $505. Canadian - that is about 1.44.

Really good rate.

I keep a US dollar account and every time the rate looks good - I buy a little US$ - it really adds up and every little bit helps!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Isn't it great...a 5 year high :D. "They" say the Canadian $ could hit 75 cents by fall. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Great news for you all........but boo-hoo-hoo for us! We are coming "home" for a month this summer, and usually spend all our US$ on back to school clothes and stock up on things due to excellent exchange rates.
Oh well, it's about time Canadians had a break on US$. However, this might mean that all our relatives can now afford to come down and visit us - LOL :D :eek:

We aren't going to WDW until next year ~ do you think I should buy a bunch of USF now? S

Well it's at a 5 year high Sandra...who knows where it will go. What I'd do is start buying some US$ every now & then & continue until your trip. All in all (cost averaging) you should end up with a decent overall rate. If you see it start to go up, you could buy more. That's what I'm doing. Don't you wish we had a crystal ball?

I agree with Lisa ... Get a little bit now. Even if the dollar starts to lose value it isn't something that will happen overnight. You'll notice when it starts to happens.

Hi:

I am going to try and talk my hubby into buying a little bit now, to add to our american account. We paid l.63 for our april 2002 trip. I don't have a trip planned yet, but would like to go back sometime and get my disney fix.

Deb.

Hi Deb :D

That's big difference in exchange rates isn't it...20 cents. I'm going out today to buy some...& bought a small amount on Friday as well. I'm going to pick a bit up "here & there" and whatever I have come October is a "bonus" as I usually buy the week before we leave. Now, if we can just get some good codes on rooms, we'll be all set :) .

Maybe if you manage to put a few $$ away & find a good room code, DH will agree to another trip to WDW :teeth: :teeth:

Have a nice week.

Hi Lisa:

I was thinking that as well about the code. I really wanted to stay at port orleans riverside (alligator bayou) cause of all the lush plants etc. But I think it might be closed this fall. darn

I am trying to think of a good time to drive down, but when it will be not too hot or too cold in wdw, nor too busy. lol I guess I am picky.

If I lock into a code then I have to work on him, and see if he can change his holiday's.

Deb.

The dollar is up again today :) ...let's hope it keeps on going. I remember my University days (mid to late 70's) when I had a Dance School and one of the parents used to pay me in US$...it was worth less than the Canadian $...oh to see that again...more Disney trips. :teeth: :teeth:

From everything I have read this trend is going to continue. They are even predicting that within two years one Canadian dollar will get you over 80 cents US. Of course this is not because the Canadian dollar is gaining value, but rather because the US dollar is falling. When you look at it that way it becomes easier to understand why it is happening.

If any of you knows anyone who works at a bank,ask if they can get you the employee rate.I was talking to a friend last night and her rate on Monday was $1.38.I will just give her the the Canadian money to exchange for me.Every little bit counts.

I wonder how this will affect trade between Canada and the US. A low Canadian dollar has been very attractive to the Americans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter