Haunted Mansion 2023 Trailer (may contain spoilers)

Mysterian

Perfectly Impractical
Judging from the trailer, this looks much better than the previous movie, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Definitely more seen here that resembles the ride, for sure. Decent cast too.
Trailer gets points for using Roy Orbison's "House Without Windows".

Constance and the Hatbox Ghost make fleeting appearances!

841F4058-7208-4A73-8424-8EAEB4F6D3EB.jpeg

I am cautiously optimistic. :) HM is my all-time favorite Disney attraction so the bar is high for me.

I am cautiously optimistic. :) HM is my all-time favorite Disney attraction so the bar is high for me.

You know, the crazy thing is that I had always heard about how bad the previous HM movie was, the one with Eddie Murphy. I wasn't really a Disney superfan when that came out, and based ont he bad reception I just never watched it. A few years ago I decided to give it a look, and I was shocked to find out that it really wasn't that bad. It leans toward the funnier side, but it has lots of references to the ride, etc. It's quite enjoyable really.

You know, the crazy thing is that I had always heard about how bad the previous HM movie was, the one with Eddie Murphy. I wasn't really a Disney superfan when that came out, and based ont he bad reception I just never watched it. A few years ago I decided to give it a look, and I was shocked to find out that it really wasn't that bad. It leans toward the funnier side, but it has lots of references to the ride, etc. It's quite enjoyable really.
It's cute, but I thought the rest of the cast just didn't measure up to Eddie Murphy(granted that's a tall order.)

It's cute, but I thought the rest of the cast just didn't measure up to Eddie Murphy(granted that's a tall order.)

Yeah, I mean, it's not amazing or anything, but I had always heard that it was just HORRIBLE, but it's really fine. It wasn't gonna spawn 5 sequels like Pirates of the Caribbean did, but it's still a fine movie.

Yeah, I mean, it's not amazing or anything, but I had always heard that it was just HORRIBLE, but it's really fine. It wasn't gonna spawn 5 sequels like Pirates of the Caribbean did, but it's still a fine movie.
It wasn't too bad, no. It felt like it was distant to the ride, and the occasional humor felt flat (IMO).

I'm surprised Gracey the ghost didn't just marry the ghost of the dead lady who looked like Murphy's wife. What we have is the same thing that was done with Dark Shadows and Coppola's Dracula (single dead guy seeking love with living woman who resembles his dead wife).

I loved the practical effects and art direction. The makeup on the crypt zombies and the cemetery ghosts was wonderful. The sets were also beautiful. However, for such a lavish production, I was surprised that the opening credits looked like something from a 90's made-for-TV movie.

I'm a huge fan of the Eddie Murphy version. It is not the best, but I find it highly entertaining. Introduced my son to it last night. He liked it as well.
This version looks ok. Depending on how new trailers go I might have 1 to a couple of adult beverages before viewing at the theater.

We didn’t like the original, but last year we went on a Halloween cruise and watched it on Funnel Vision. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Must have been the venue! 🚢

I didn't know there were that many who didn't like the 2003 Haunted Mansion! I always thought it was great, granted I grew up with it but we still watch it probably once a year.

The one coming out this year will be hard to beat the original. I'm also not a fan of Tiffany Haddish so hopefully she doesn't have a big part in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter