Have a Photopass Question? Ask me!

We love to take photos around the Christmas tree and gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. Will there be a photographer in the lobby?

I am in charge of all 20 family members for our Thanksgiving trip on MDE. I just bought MM. I have 2 sisters that do have MDE accounts, but I still was able to make all of their FP reservations. We will all be split up throughout the week. Kids not old enough to have MDE and grandparents too old to want to fool with MDE do not have accounts. Will everyone's pictures show up on MM if they have their magic band scanned? Will their ride photos show up if they have their magic bands scanned at the picture booth? Is there a separate place for me to go to and link them to my MM? Or are they automatically linked because they are "friends and family" on MDE?

We did hire a photographer from Disney Fine Art Photography to come and take our family photos at our resort. We love photos!

I really appreciate any info or anyone's experience with a large group and MM.

I'm in the same boat. :confused3: Tho thankfully not so large a group.
I figure when we check into the resort I'll ask them at the desk to make sure we are all linked. {this way I'm not worrying about it now}

I am in charge of all 20 family members for our Thanksgiving trip on MDE. I just bought MM. I have 2 sisters that do have MDE accounts, but I still was able to make all of their FP reservations. We will all be split up throughout the week. Kids not old enough to have MDE and grandparents too old to want to fool with MDE do not have accounts. Will everyone's pictures show up on MM if they have their magic band scanned? Will their ride photos show up if they have their magic bands scanned at the picture booth? Is there a separate place for me to go to and link them to my MM? Or are they automatically linked because they are "friends and family" on MDE? We did hire a photographer from Disney Fine Art Photography to come and take our family photos at our resort. We love photos! I really appreciate any info or anyone's experience with a large group and MM.

If you link them in MDE so they can view your pictures then they will all show up. So, the sisters with the accounts need to have their account set to share plans and share photos. The kids should follow along with the account they are under. Just make sure all are assigned a ticket and have a MB. Whoever "controls" the account needs to be the one allowing the photo viewing.

Had 18 of us in July and had no real issues with anything showing up. The key is to allow photo viewing between the MDE accounts!

My wife and I saw another post where there was an animated magic shot of Mike Wasowski from Monsters, Inc. photobombing in and out of a picture. My daughter is a Monster's Inc, fan (at 23 she still loves character meets) and we would love to be able to have this added to our MemoryMaker photos? Can you tell me where and how this can be asked for? Any help would be appreciated.

We had it done at the entrance to Epcot with the Epcot Ball in the background. There was a still shot of him photo bombing as well as the animated shot of him jumping in and out of the frame. The best part was that we had no idea. I had asked for magic shots all week but didn't know about this one. You can imagine my surprise when I got home. I guess Disney still has some surprises for those of us who think we know "so much!" :)

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and answered. I didn't come up with anything with search feature...:badpc:

This is the first trip I am taking that I am not doing some sort of photopass share with anyone, so I am not positive that I am going to want to buy the memory maker. If I were to decide that I want to buy the cd after my trip, is there any way to get the ride photos added or are those only included if purchased pre-trip?

Hello all,

I purchased MM for a recent trip (well worth the money, even for 2 adults and a short 5 day trip -the magic shots are priceless!). I have a few technical questions I was hoping you could answer. What does the option of claiming photos mean on the PP site? Once I download my photos do they no longer exist on the PP site? If I add borders or stickers is my original photo saved in addition to the altered photo? Can I add my own photos to the site and alter them with borders and stickers? Lastly, how many days are the photos available? Our trip began on 10/24 and the photos state they'll expire on 12/10. That's less than a month - shouldn't it be longer than that? Thanks bunches for the reply :hug:

Hello all,

I purchased MM for a recent trip (well worth the money, even for 2 adults and a short 5 day trip -the magic shots are priceless!). I have a few technical questions I was hoping you could answer. What does the option of claiming photos mean on the PP site? Once I download my photos do they no longer exist on the PP site? If I add borders or stickers is my original photo saved in addition to the altered photo? Can I add my own photos to the site and alter them with borders and stickers? Lastly, how many days are the photos available? Our trip began on 10/24 and the photos state they'll expire on 12/10. That's less than a month - shouldn't it be longer than that? Thanks bunches for the reply :hug:

The option to claim photos is if you have the photopass cards (if you didn't have a magic band, ETWB, Jedi Training, etc.) to add to your account. You may not have any if you used the magic band for everything.

The photos will no longer exist on the PP site as of their expiration. Until then, you can download them as much as you want and they will still be there to download more or to make more edits to, etc.

Is your original photo saved? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. What I do is make 4 (just picking a number, sometimes I do more sometimes less) copies of the photo by clicking copy and then save and close. Then I leave the original photo alone (sometimes this one disappears). I also leave one of the copies of the original alone, in case the original does disappear. Then I have the other 3 copies I made to make edits to. You can also start by downloading all of them prior to making any edits to the pictures. Then you will for sure keep the original pictures. You can then download all again once your edits are done.

They no longer have the option for you to upload your own photos to make edits to. The exception (I think) is if you are making a photo book, you can upload the photos for the project only.

The photos are available for 45 days from the day they were taken. So if you had pictures taken on 10/24 and they don't expire until 12/10 that is actually past the 45 days....double check, because each photo has its own expiration date, they will not all expire on the same day (unless they were all taken on the same day). They expire on the day that is on the photo, unless you purchase the photo extension which gives you an additional 15 days.

So you have to ask for the magic shots, right? You can have a photographer take a regular shot and then a magic shot, correct? Thanks! :hyper:

So you have to ask for the magic shots, right? You can have a photographer take a regular shot and then a magic shot, correct? Thanks! :hyper:

You can ask for them. Sometimes they will do them without you asking. Yes, the photographer will almost always take a regular shot and then the magic shot.

The option to claim photos is if you have the photopass cards (if you didn't have a magic band, ETWB, Jedi Training, etc.) to add to your account. You may not have any if you used the magic band for everything. The photos will no longer exist on the PP site as of their expiration. Until then, you can download them as much as you want and they will still be there to download more or to make more edits to, etc. Is your original photo saved? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. What I do is make 4 (just picking a number, sometimes I do more sometimes less) copies of the photo by clicking copy and then save and close. Then I leave the original photo alone (sometimes this one disappears). I also leave one of the copies of the original alone, in case the original does disappear. Then I have the other 3 copies I made to make edits to. You can also start by downloading all of them prior to making any edits to the pictures. Then you will for sure keep the original pictures. You can then download all again once your edits are done. They no longer have the option for you to upload your own photos to make edits to. The exception (I think) is if you are making a photo book, you can upload the photos for the project only. The photos are available for 45 days from the day they were taken. So if you had pictures taken on 10/24 and they don't expire until 12/10 that is actually past the 45 days....double check, because each photo has its own expiration date, they will not all expire on the same day (unless they were all taken on the same day). They expire on the day that is on the photo, unless you purchase the photo extension which gives you an additional 15 days.

Thanks so much for this reply. It is greatly appreciated.

So if I take a laptop I can download the day's photos every evening and have all the originals safe?

You can do that, but remember that if you start downloading, it starts the timer on your 30 days to use the MM entitlement. Depending on how long your trip is (or how much time you need to edit pictures after you return home), it may not leave you with enough time. Once you view the pictures in your account, they shouldn't disappear anywhere (until their expiration date) so you could wait until you get home to download all of the originals before making edits to them.

You can do that, but remember that if you start downloading, it starts the timer on your 30 days to use the MM entitlement. Depending on how long your trip is (or how much time you need to edit pictures after you return home), it may not leave you with enough time. Once you view the pictures in your account, they shouldn't disappear anywhere (until their expiration date) so you could wait until you get home to download all of the originals before making edits to them.

OHH, We'll be there 10 days - guess I'll have to wait to download

So simply viewing them while on vacation doesn't start the countdown clock, that starts once you download? Just wanna make sure I can check the pics while on vacation without causing myself stress once I get home. Thx!

My best advice is to see a guest relations/my disney experience person when you get in the parks. They have stations throughout the parks where they can help you.

Worse comes to worse, it's really easy to combine cards/bands together at the view stations.

This is an old quote but I need clarification :confused3 (just gibbs-slap me:)
Can I ask them to check this at the resort or should I wait till we get to the parks?

So simply viewing them while on vacation doesn't start the countdown clock, that starts once you download? Just wanna make sure I can check the pics while on vacation without causing myself stress once I get home. Thx!
That is correct. You can check them as often as you want, and even make edits to them while you are there. The MM entitlement is just the entitlement to download the pictures for 30 days. So the clock starts from the time you download your first photo.

This is an old quote but I need clarification :confused3 (just gibbs-slap me:)
Can I ask them to check this at the resort or should I wait till we get to the parks?

It depends on the resort you are staying at. Not all resorts have PP places, whereas all of the parks do.

So if I take a laptop I can download the day's photos every evening and have all the originals safe?

We did this. DH brought his laptop and I borrowed it at night when back at the resort to check out our MM photos. Didn't download anything but it was fun to just view them. Plus, the photos are fresh in your mind so you'll notice if anything is missing (but the odd one may take longer to appear).

On the Disney Parks Blog yesterday was a post about 4 new animated magic shots that are now available. They listed the following as areas for these shots:

1. Epcot, behind Spaceship Earth
2. Disney's Hollywood Studios, Hollywood Boulevard
3. Epcot, at Norway pavilion
4. Animal Kingdom, near bridge to Expedition Everest

They also showed YouTube videos of two of the shots:

1. The deer from Frozen looks to be in at the Animal Kingdom bridge
2. Sully from Monster's,Inc. in front of the DHS Hat

Question #1: What would the other two shots be?

The blog also mentions that there would also be some special holiday animated magic shots available at the Magic Kingdom and at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

Question #2: What and where would these be? We are planning on doing a Christmas party in addition to a full day at the Magic Kingdom an would like to get as many as possible (if not all).

Any help would be appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter