Have a Photopass Question? Ask me!

Hi guys! I'm a Photopass Photographer at WDW. I have noticed a LOT of guests who seem really confused by Photopass, Memory Maker, etc. so I thought it might actually help me in the park if I can help you here! So if you have any questions about Photopass or related topics (Magic Bands, characters, etc.) ask away.

Just some guidelines:
- Not giving away my real name for obvious reasons
- Also not giving out any personal info
- I can try to answer any question possible, but as a warning I never worked at Magic Kingdom or the water parks so my info on stuff there is a bit limited.

I hope this is allowed by the DIS board. I promise, I'm not trying to sell anything, just get as much info out there as possible.

Also, let me know if you want the "real" answer or the "magical" answer. It's up to you!

I don't know if this was asked before, but is there any way to tell what size you saved a photo as when you do the download?

When we first did PP CDs in 2007-2011, the picture size was included as part of the file name.

Last year, though, when we did Photopass in October 2013 (right when it was switching over to the new website), the disc we received did NOT have picture sizes in the file name, and there was no discernible way to tell what file was which size...an issue when you're trying to print out pictures w/borders saved.

Right now I'm going through our MM pics from our trip this weekend, and I'm writing everything down by hand...taking a LOT of time. It would be so much simpler if there were a way to tell from the file itself...

Can I get the photos without a photopass card? It was my first time at Disney and when we took pictures, they asked if we have photopass and we said no, so they said 'no problem' and scanned our ticket card. I thought that we can use our ticket card to retrieve the photos, but there I have not found a way to do that in the photopass website. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can I get the photos without a photopass card? It was my first time at Disney and when we took pictures, they asked if we have photopass and we said no, so they said 'no problem' and scanned our ticket card. I thought that we can use our ticket card to retrieve the photos, but there I have not found a way to do that in the photopass website. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link the ticket to your my Disney experience account and the photos will show up in your account as long as you're on the Walt Disney world web site note the disneyland one.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have a question about sharing Memory Maker that I am hoping for an answer to if OP or someone else knows:

For our trip in January, our friends are staying off site and we are on site. (But we all have magic bands if that matters). They purchased Memory Maker and we are going to share it with them. The main account holder on their account and I (the main account holder for my family) are now linked through MDE and I have given her permission to view, edit and purchase my photo pass pictures.

Does she need to add my DH and kids too in her MDE? Or since they are linked to me and I am linked to her, will we be OK? (My DH does not have his own MDE account). We don't want to miss out on any pictures.

TIA!

Is there a way for us to purchase a disc of our photos that were taken by the photographers and on the rides, now that we are home?

We have found this photo system to be very confusing!
Thank you

Jen

All of our photos are not showing up on my photo pass from our trip in late Oct early Nov... there are 50 more on my husbands account than mine but since I made the reservations he can't download them. HELP PLEASE!! What can we do?

Steph

I have a question about sharing Memory Maker that I am hoping for an answer to if OP or someone else knows:

For our trip in January, our friends are staying off site and we are on site. (But we all have magic bands if that matters). They purchased Memory Maker and we are going to share it with them. The main account holder on their account and I (the main account holder for my family) are now linked through MDE and I have given her permission to view, edit and purchase my photo pass pictures.

Does she need to add my DH and kids too in her MDE? Or since they are linked to me and I am linked to her, will we be OK? (My DH does not have his own MDE account). We don't want to miss out on any pictures.

TIA!

Everything should be fine. Only the owners of the MDE accounts need to be linked as friends and family and have authorizations for viewing/purchasing photos. The owner gives permission for everyone on their account. As long as no one else has their own MDE account, everything should be okay.

All of our photos are not showing up on my photo pass from our trip in late Oct early Nov... there are 50 more on my husbands account than mine but since I made the reservations he can't download them. HELP PLEASE!! What can we do?

Steph

Does he have his own MDE account, or is he only on your account? If he has his own MDE account, then you should make sure that you are linked as friends and family and the authorization is marked for you both to be able to view and purchase the other's photos. If he doesn't have his own MDE account, then I would call PP and see if they can get it fixed for you.

I will be going to WDW twice this month...12/11-14 & 12/26-29. I purchased Memory Maker in hopes that it will cover both trips. Does anyone know if that it possible. I thought I read that there was a 45 day window to add new photos before you download.

I will be going to WDW twice this month...12/11-14 & 12/26-29. I purchased Memory Maker in hopes that it will cover both trips. Does anyone know if that it possible. I thought I read that there was a 45 day window to add new photos before you download.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but since your trips are two weeks apart, I'm pretty sure the same memory maker will cover it.
The 45 window should be once you start downloading.

I have a question about downloading. Our trip was third week in October and so I downloaded all photos when we returned. Then as I was creating our photobook over the following few weeks, I went back in and added borders and stickers and re-downloaded.

So by now my photos have expired (got the two email warnings). When I sign in though, I do still see all my photos. So will these always be there...and its just that I cannot download (although strangely 2 photos are sitting in 'my download' folder)? Or will these disappear too?
Doesn't really matter as I've downloaded all and even taken screen prints of MM view so I have the times of the photos...but just wondering.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask a "technical question" - but hoping someone may be able to help! I pre-purchased MM for our trip in Dec 2015 (before the price increase) and linked it to my reservation in MDX. Now I am planning a quick weekend trip in May. Is there any way I can "delink" MM for this trip, or not use it now that it's linked? I do not think I will get enough photos in 2 days to make MM worth it - but would still like to be able to use PP photographers and maybe purchase a few individual shots. Just not sure how to avoid them going against my linked MM. TIA!!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask a "technical question" - but hoping someone may be able to help! I pre-purchased MM for our trip in Dec 2015 (before the price increase) and linked it to my reservation in MDX. Now I am planning a quick weekend trip in May. Is there any way I can "delink" MM for this trip, or not use it now that it's linked? I do not think I will get enough photos in 2 days to make MM worth it - but would still like to be able to use PP photographers and maybe purchase a few individual shots. Just not sure how to avoid them going against my linked MM. TIA!!

Don't hit the download button. You can buy prints and photo projects but if you activate it it will use it.

Don't hit the download button. You can buy prints and photo projects but if you activate it it will use it.
Thanks so much for the response!! I just want to make sure I understand....I can still use my MB to take photos, etc, and could view them online and purchase individual prints taken during my May trip without "activating" the current MM that is linked? It's only once I hit the download button that I'm actually "using" my pre-purchase entitlements?

And on the flip side, if for some reason we got a ton of great photos that trip and I WANTED to use it, I could by just hitting the download button....and then purchase another MM for December?

I guess it just seems odd to me that I could wait until AFTER my trip to decide??

Thanks again!!

I just saw where some of the rides have added to touch points under screens where you view your ride photo so you can scan your magic band and add the photo to your account. So are the photos not already being added automatically??

It will cover both trips. Just make sure that you pay attention to the expiration dates....the photos in your account will expire 45 days from the day they were taken, regardless of whether you have downloaded them or not (unless you purchase the extension). MM expires 30 days from the day you first start to download photos. Make sure that you don't start downloadin the photos too early, or you won't have enough time to edit the photos from your second trip. Don't wait too long, or some may start to expire before you download them.

I have a question about downloading. Our trip was third week in October and so I downloaded all photos when we returned. Then as I was creating our photobook over the following few weeks, I went back in and added borders and stickers and re-downloaded.

So by now my photos have expired (got the two email warnings). When I sign in though, I do still see all my photos. So will these always be there...and its just that I cannot download (although strangely 2 photos are sitting in 'my download' folder)? Or will these disappear too?
Doesn't really matter as I've downloaded all and even taken screen prints of MM view so I have the times of the photos...but just wondering.

They will eventually be removed from the account. I'm surprised if they have passed the expiration date that they are still there.

Thanks so much for the response!! I just want to make sure I understand....I can still use my MB to take photos, etc, and could view them online and purchase individual prints taken during my May trip without "activating" the current MM that is linked? It's only once I hit the download button that I'm actually "using" my pre-purchase entitlements?

And on the flip side, if for some reason we got a ton of great photos that trip and I WANTED to use it, I could by just hitting the download button....and then purchase another MM for December?

I guess it just seems odd to me that I could wait until AFTER my trip to decide??

Thanks again!!
\

Yes, you only 'use' your MM entitlement if you hit the download button. You can still use PP as normal without activating your MM entitlement. IF you decide when you get home that you like the pictures from the first trip, you can hit the download button and activate the MM. If not, it will still be in your account for use on the second trip.

I just saw where some of the rides have added to touch points under screens where you view your ride photo so you can scan your magic band and add the photo to your account. So are the photos not already being added automatically??

They were being added automatically all summer, as long as you have a magic band. Maybe the touch points were added for those who don't have a magic band and just have the MM card.

Question I am afraid I have the answer to, our disney account is not setup on a main email so we didn't get all our updates about memory maker expiring, when we log in only he last few days pictures show up, are the rest gone forever?

Question I am afraid I have the answer to, our disney account is not setup on a main email so we didn't get all our updates about memory maker expiring, when we log in only he last few days pictures show up, are the rest gone forever?

The MM and the pictures operate on two separate dates. If your pictures have expired, you can call PP to see if they can put them back on the account for you (though you may be charged the $20 extension fee to do so)....don't give up hope until you've called.

I have a question, do you have to download pictures now or can you get them on a CD like before??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter