Have any Canadians in the September MagicBand test had MagicBands shipped to home?

Up until today, MDE showed the "shipping soon" message and listed our home address as the "ship to" location for the MBs. Today, I logged in to discover a "pick up your bands at your resort hotel" message and the ship to address had changed to Beach Club. (Note, I still haven't done online checkin, so that doesn't seem to make a difference in the process.) We check in Thursday, so I'll post when I get back to say whether the bands got there okay or not.

Up until today, MDE showed the "shipping soon" message and listed our home address as the "ship to" location for the MBs. Today, I logged in to discover a "pick up your bands at your resort hotel" message and the ship to address had changed to Beach Club. (Note, I still haven't done online checkin, so that doesn't seem to make a difference in the process.) We check in Thursday, so I'll post when I get back to say whether the bands got there okay or not.

Don't worry, the bands will be there! :goodvibes

We will be arriving at OKW on November 20th. I'm still very unclear about some issues with the Magic Bands, particularly coming from Canada. Any answers would be appreciated.

1. When should we expect to be able to customize our Magic Bands? As of today, the MDE site doesn't give us that option.

2. Is there any advantage to changing my address to the US address of a family member who will be arriving before us? What are the advantages of having possession of the Bands before arrival?

3. We have some partially used park passes but the MDE site won't let us link to them. Will we be able to link them when we arrive?

4. Is there anyway to select FP+ prior to having the passes linked? If not, we will have to select our FP+ choices after we arrive. Will we end up shut out of our choices by not being able to make them until the day we arrive?

Thanks so much.

Rob't

Robt, Ive customized our three sets of bands for three stays in December .. your Nov 20th date may be too late to customize ....

we customized our MB but were told to pick them up at SSR if you are doing a split stay and have the dinning plan keep an eye out on your MB, for us we had a split stay at SSR and had 2 sets of MB on our second stay for the first day our MB did not recognize we had dinning plan and had to have guest service reverse all the dinning charges it only started to work on our second day of the split stay.

We will be arriving at OKW on November 20th. I'm still very unclear about some issues with the Magic Bands, particularly coming from Canada. Any answers would be appreciated.

1. When should we expect to be able to customize our Magic Bands? As of today, the MDE site doesn't give us that option.

2. Is there any advantage to changing my address to the US address of a family member who will be arriving before us? What are the advantages of having possession of the Bands before arrival?

3. We have some partially used park passes but the MDE site won't let us link to them. Will we be able to link them when we arrive?

4. Is there anyway to select FP+ prior to having the passes linked? If not, we will have to select our FP+ choices after we arrive. Will we end up shut out of our choices by not being able to make them until the day we arrive?

Thanks so much.

Rob't

I'll try to answer.

1. As Ted said, maybe too late??? You should call IT and ask

2. No advantage....unless you want to go to the parks first without checking in, but since you don't have anything linked it doesn't matter

3. Probably, they are very helpful at the concierge/front desk. I would still call IT and ask about getting these tickets linked now though if possible.

4. You have to have tickets linked to choose fp+. You probably will have to wait until you arrive. Hopefully there will be availability. Make sure you ask for a KTTW card so you can use paper fp while you are there as well. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter