Have any Canadians in the September MagicBand test had MagicBands shipped to home?

So good to hear. But that was a tease :) how was the trip what things did you get to use the band for? did you check the app and switch FP while there? tell us more :yay:

I am at Pop now. I switch my FP multiple times per day. At first it was tricky, but now I'm much better at it.

My daughter's first Magicband never worked properly. They took it away from her, so now she doesn't have her name in it.

I am at Pop now. I switch my FP multiple times per day. At first it was tricky, but now I'm much better at it.

My daughter's first Magicband never worked properly. They took it away from her, so now she doesn't have her name in it.

That would be so disappointing to have the band all cool and customized and then have it not work....

were you on the dinning plan did you use the bands for meals or other purchases?

That would be so disappointing to have the band all cool and customized and then have it not work....

were you on the dinning plan did you use the bands for meals or other purchases?

Yes we were on the dining plan and we used our magic bands for this. Magicbands were also used for park entry, room entry and fastpass+. We could have connected our credit card to the Magicband but chose not to.

Here now. Checked in yesterday and our customized MBs were waiting for us at the front desk. No issues so far when using them for park entry, hotel room entry, FP, and all purchases.

to. I believe that the issue with shipping to Canada is NOT just cost, but the fact that there is an RFID chip in the bands which makes automated shipping more complicated. Does anyone know if that’s true? Will I maybe damage the bands by shipping them around like this? If it’s simply a matter of cost (to Disney), I’m fine absorbing that, but if the issue is that customs’ xray/screening devices will destroy their functionality, I am not okay with that. I bought this vacation as a birthday gift to myself and my little sister and even though she knows we’re going, I would love to have something to giftwrap for her to open.

I would say it's about how quickly they'd clear customs, and cost of shipping (would Canada customs treat the value of the MagicBands with no value, or having the value of your park tickets? for example).

All mail inside of the US will be xrayed etc... so I don't think that's the problem.

I would just do whatever the default is and pick them up at your resort upon check-in. There is no downside to that.

The MB help desk number is: 407-939-7849

I called it twice today and they picked up right away and were very helpful.

Another interesting thing the CM said was over multiple trips andonce the system is up and running people should request different colours each time. They can bring back the bands to all be activated for a certain stay. For example, someone has a blue, pink, green, and yellow band from previous stays. They can bring them all back and interchange them will different outfits so they are all matchy-matchy. Also, they are or will be selling "charms" to attach to the bands to "pretty them up".

How far in advance do you know if you are a part of this FP+ test group?
I just signed up on MDE but it seems sort of difficult to navigate (at least for me). Do you get an email notifying if/when you are a part of the test group? Or do you just have to keep on checking? About how far in advance, before your trip, do you have before you get the notice that you are a part of FP+? We are going in December.

How far in advance do you know if you are a part of this FP+ test group?
I just signed up on MDE but it seems sort of difficult to navigate (at least for me). Do you get an email notifying if/when you are a part of the test group? Or do you just have to keep on checking? About how far in advance, before your trip, do you have before you get the notice that you are a part of FP+? We are going in December.

Reports right now seem to suggest new testing stops Oct. 31st. Beyond November 1st, for new bookings, I don't believe anyone has received any FP information.

I had the mde app on my phone already, but it only had basic park info stuff on it. About 30 days before we check in the app had other options such as magic band info and i was able to make fp selections. Now i still hadnt been officially invited to make fp selections or customize my magicbands(so if i wasnt a crazy disney person i would never have known this) but i had access to it. Then the other day (about 10 days before check in) i received an email telling me all about magicbands, fp, etc and askedme to customize my bands for pick up at the resort when we check in next week.

It seems a bunch of previously not-testing-in-October resorts were added today. I am at BLT in early October and was just able to book FP+ and customize MBs tonight. It is worth logging in to MDE to check if you can make FP+ reservations (ticket needs to be linked), or customize MBs (checking in online or modifying an existing checkin may trigger this).

I just returned home from Disney and they said it should be rolling out to all of the resorts sometime in October. I stayed at Beach Club and did have the Magic Bands and Fastpass+. I was not given any advance notice, but had signed up on MDE and kept checking for it. I had lovely coloured, personalized bands and made fastpass+ selections for each day of my stay. Everything worked great!!

do I need to put my shipping address as POR's or will they just go to the resort anyways? I don't want to show up and not have them because I would think if I don't get these bands my fp+ options I won't have either?

do I need to put my shipping address as POR's or will they just go to the resort anyways? I don't want to show up and not have them because I would think if I don't get these bands my fp+ options I won't have either?

I left mine in August as my address (cause I didn't want to mess around with anything) and they shipped to Pop. We are also heading down in October to AofA. I've customized my bands and the shipping address is listed as my home address, but I'm leaving it alone again and I assume they will ship to AofA.

Ours were also shipped to the resort. We checked in and they were there waiting for us.

I don't think it matters what you put for your shipping address they reportedly will not ship them outside of the US, not sure about Puerto Rico though.

Ok, we arrive on friday and we customized our bands. I did not change my shipping address from my home address in canada. Yesterday my Shipping address was automatically updated to the POR address. I had never called or changed the address myself. So i guess that we are not required to do anything to ensure the bands are sent to the resort. Obviously we'll have to wait and see if theyre there when we get there but there you go.

We arrive Thursday and just got an email this morning telling us that our MagicBand package will be waiting for us at the front desk of the resort. We did not change our address. This morning there is no longer an option to manage or customize MagicBands on the MDE webpage. And under MagicBands and Cards it says Status Pick up your customized MagicBand order at your Resort Front Desk. :thumbsup2

Just to make sure : if you customized your MB and they are waiting for you at Front Desk, will it be the regular band or will it be, for sure, the customized one?

Just to make sure : if you customized your MB and they are waiting for you at Front Desk, will it be the regular band or will it be, for sure, the customized one?

We had our customized bands waiting for us at the front desk. Our names were already in the box and in the MB :)

1990 to 1992 Off site
1994 and 1995 Off site
1998 and 1999 Off site
2000 to 2003 All star Sports
2004 to 2011 Pop Century
2012 The World was great again (Pop Century) without the kids for the 1st time
2013 March Disneymoon with the kids
2013 September 2th adult trip, kind of another Disneymoon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter