Have any Canadians in the September MagicBand test had MagicBands shipped to home?

Got an email this morning saying that my magic bands have shipped! I am staying at Beach Club, checking in on Sept.3. I listed the Beach Club address, so they would ship there. When I log into MDE, it shows that all of my customized bands are activated! Fingers crossed!

Finally a status update on MDE! Our MBs are showing as being processed and will be shipped soon. They are currently shown as being shipped to the POP address that the IT CM has updated in our MDE profile after the call.:yay:

Finally a status update on MDE! Our MBs are showing as being processed and will be shipped soon. They are currently shown as being shipped to the POP address that the IT CM has updated in our MDE profile after the call.:yay:

Any chance you could post the address, do you have to put anything special ie guest etc.?

Any chance you could post the address, do you have to put anything special ie guest etc.?

I was wondering that too?? I have the address in my passporter book but not sure if they are the same?

The address that is shown on our MB order for POP is the same as the address in the Resort shipping thread on the Resort board:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212

This is the format shown on MDE:
"Name of primary guest on reservation"
Disney's Pop Century Resort
1050 Century Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Ok so I changed my shipping address from my home address in canada to the PoP Century Resort one.... Hope I have do the right thing and this doesn't mess things up for us.

JKMadyson said:
Me too! I'm 34 days away and I've already customized the colours/names on our bands. It asked for my shipping address and I left it as-is (a Toronto address). I figure, if Disney could ship my tickets/booklet/luggage tags (and I received those just fine, last week!), then why can't they ship the bands too? Fingers crossed, I'll let you know if/when they do arrive! :cheer2:

Apparently some people said it's because they can't ship the RFID chip in the bracelets. Maybe it's just a cost issue, since they come in a box.

Apparently some people said it's because they can't ship the RFID chip in the bracelets. Maybe it's just a cost issue, since they come in a box.

I'm not sure why there is trouble shipping for Canada but my message was the "act quickly" to customize your bands time is running out.... I have had that message since the 14 of Aug.

Last night I took the leap and changed the shipping address to POP and now it says your magic bands are being customized and will ship soon.... I can't click on it anymore....

So here is hoping that my bands are made and waiting at POP for us on Sept 7th.

Same here updated to pop address and shipping soon. Once launched they will begin to ship internationally they just have to work with customs in most countries to keep the box non description and zero value it as to not incur customs and broker fees.

Staying at AoA and just saw the magic bands link as well... The website kept crashing when I tried to validate address, by called into the MDE support and they confirmed to put the hotel address.

He said they are still not shipping to Canada - Canadians will pick up the bands at the hotel even if it accepts the home address -- but you can customize them etc.

Excited :) Only a couple weeks to go!

asudol, can you tell me what number you called for MDE support? I'd like to do the same thing you've done to try to ensure we get our customized bands when we check in, but I can't find a number on the website specifically for MDE support.

You should be good if you just put the hotel's address in - it'll let you customize the bands.

If you want to get through to support, call the main number. Use any option to get through to a person (I used Disney.com as my reason).

When you get through, just tell them you are having a problem with MyDisneyExperience and would like to be put through to the support team.

:)

For obvious reasons they won't give out the numbers... they'd never handle the load :)

Just returned yesterday. We were part of the August test group.

Our bands were waiting for us at Pop Century when we checked in. There was no need to change our address to the resort address as it naturally defaulted and sent them there.

Loved, loved, loved the MagicBands!!!

Just returned yesterday. We were part of the August test group.

Our bands were waiting for us at Pop Century when we checked in. There was no need to change our address to the resort address as it naturally defaulted and sent them there.

Loved, loved, loved the MagicBands!!!

So good to hear. But that was a tease :) how was the trip what things did you get to use the band for? did you check the app and switch FP while there? tell us more :yay:

Just wanted to advise everyone of my most recent experience!! I've confirmed through Disney that for us Canadians, our MagicBands will (still) continue to NOT BE SHIPPED, rather, they will be awaiting pickup at the resort (this is despite the fact that Disney automatically inputted my Canadian address on the shipping page!). However, as long as you customized your MagicBands within the allotted time, you WILL receive your special colour band with your name (not the generic grey) when picking up at check-in. I know this was mentioned all over the boards but I was still a little hopeful inside! (Although its clearly stated on the DisneyWorld FAQ that MagicBands will only ship to USA&Oops! :rolleyes1 )

I have received two other "Mickey Mails" so far to my Canadian home address though  first one had my Magical Express vouchers/yellow Magic Express luggage tags /general info and the second one (received approx. 1 week after the first) contained my commemorative luggage tags/mini-golfing vouchers/free coupons/etc.

Now heres the situation that Id like everyones advice on - I'm employed by a very large multinational firm, so Ive strongly considered having my bands shipped to one of our USA offices, and then Ill have a coworker forward it via inter-office mail to my office here in Toronto. I believe that the issue with shipping to Canada is NOT just cost, but the fact that there is an RFID chip in the bands which makes automated shipping more complicated. Does anyone know if thats true? Will I maybe damage the bands by shipping them around like this? If its simply a matter of cost (to Disney), Im fine absorbing that, but if the issue is that customs xray/screening devices will destroy their functionality, I am not okay with that. I bought this vacation as a birthday gift to myself and my little sister and even though she knows were going, I would love to have something to giftwrap for her to open.

I would love everyone's thoughts on this please! :wizard:

I have been pondering the not shipping to Canada part of all of this and I don't have much to offer other than I know the customized maps they offer don't ship to Canada either so I'm thinking there is something else at play here... Although I don't know what that might be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter