Have our first cruise booked now need help!!

mjvans

Never Forget!
We have a tentative booking on the 4 day wonder on August 29, 2004. We went with dreams unlimited as they were the cheapest and have put a hold on a cat 4 family suite on deck 8 with verandah. It is cabin 8040. As I know absolutely nothing about cruises, much less cabins, I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this cabin or general area. Is it quiet?? Looks like the dance floor is right above us on deck 7. Will that be a problem???
I also tend to get seasick, so I am thinking possibly the middle of the boat is where I want to be, in the general area of where are cabin is. .......but what the heck do I know! Need all help and opinions here before sending in our deposit!
Thanks
Michelle

My DW and I love the Cat4 rooms. We have stayed in 8060 before and it was great. You do get a little noise, It really did not bother me at all. I had no problem with any seasickness so that is hard to comment on. Again I do not believe you will have any problems in that room. I hardly noticed any movement in the ship.
Hope you have a great cruise !!!!!

We were in 8048 last September........... everyone has their own tolerance level when it comes to noise, but we thought it was noisey.

The crew starts to get ready for the day around 4:30 - 5:00am and they are moving chairs, tables and carts around on the deck directly over you. It woke up me and DW but, fortunately, DS slept through it. We could hear some noise during the day, but it wasn't as bad as early in the morning. Also the deck party on Nassau night will be directly overhead and does not end until around 11:30pm..... we could not even think about getting to sleep until after it was over.

We decided to go with a cat 6 (midship) for the 10 day Christmas cruise next year, mainly because of the noise level.

As for motion sicknes........... we only noticed a little motion while we crossed the Gulf Stream on the way to Nassau. Nothing major and none of us had to take anything for it. Unless there is a storm near by, the ocean will most likely be pretty calm. We had one day with perfectly calm seas (less than 1 foot waves).

Have a WONDERful cruise!!!

We've cruised on the mouse boat a few times and have always been fat, dumb, and happy with our cat 5 veranda staterooms. Thought we had done good when they upped us to a cat 4... pretty much the same room but way too noisy... especially in the AM... I personally would avoid the cat 4 on any future cruise...

We had two Cat. 4 rooms in May. Both were forward and the one I was in was very noisy. Great cabin, a lot of space but definitely a little too noisy for my taste. Didn't feel any motion and neither did my sister in law who normally experiences motion/sea sickness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter