Have You Ever Had To Confront Another Guest's Poor Behavior?

dd316

Mouseketeer
Was reading some discussion on poor behavior at WDW in another thread, I was curious if anyone has ever taken matters into their own hands to point out or even correct the behavior? Or did you reach out to a cast member, and what was their response?

We all pay a lot for Disney vacations, but some people feel that entitles them to be obnoxious, rude, or to do things that are downright illegal. And it ruins things for everyone.

I've encountered plenty of awful guests in my travels to WDW, but usually just grumble to myself about it. I did once have a grown man step in front of my daughter just as a parade was starting (mind you, we were along the street edge with nobody in front of us at that point, but it was crowded). I did say something to him, he just turned around and gave me a nasty look. So we moved over a little bit to try to get her back into a position where she could see, which thankfully a neighboring family had no problem letting her squeeze in. Then 5 minutes into the parade the guy wandered away. Man, I wanted to deck him! 🤬

I was approached by some guests during covid who assumed I was too close to them when I was behind the line and had some kind words and another shining their light right in my face during fireworks, nothing crazy though.

Last week I had a woman at the FW pool tell me to go do something to myself last week when I wouldn't give up our picnic table so her family could sit there. Her reasoning was we were only a group of 3 and they were a group of 5o_O. At the quiet pool at FW, we had a large group who had their cooler full of beer floating in the pool, and would from time to time, pour the remainder of their beer into the pool so the kids could play with the cans in the water.:drinking1 They were loudly cursing so we called the front desk directly and they sent security out to take care of it.

Fun times at the Fort.....:/

DH had to yell at a woman that hit him twice with an empty stroller. There was plenty of room for her to go around!
I was in line for Soarin' and a women in back of me was too close and kept touching my backside. I told her to back off and when we got to the CM he let us go and kept her back.
We try not to get into a confrontation, but sometimes an evil look is all it takes.

Last week I had a woman at the FW pool tell me to go do something to myself last week when I wouldn't give up our picnic table so her family could sit there. Her reasoning was we were only a group of 3 and they were a group of 5o_O. At the quiet pool at FW, we had a large group who had their cooler full of beer floating in the pool, and would from time to time, pour the remainder of their beer into the pool so the kids could play with the cans in the water.:drinking1 They were loudly cursing so we called the front desk directly and they sent security out to take care of it.

Fun times at the Fort.....:/
Glad we didn’t end up going to the pool. We were there at the same time,

I came close this summer!

I've *never* been on Frozen when there wasn't someone Facetiming/recording, etc. with their phone. In June, someone was recording with their flash on the whole time, totally ruined it. Very frustrating after a 50-minute wait!

yes I've confronted guests who were trying to squeeze kids in front of me at World of Color, Ive confronted guests who tried to space invade at Fantasmic, Ive confronted guests who tried to stop me using the single rider place Ive been directed to by a CM.

Im small, a solo guest and a foreigner so I guess people think they can intimidate me, and they get a shock when I retaliate

Not exactly confront but this woman lost her darn mind with me over something so ridiculous. I just blame her lack of knowledge I guess. 😂

It’s our last day and we are at MK for the evening. We get off Splash Mountain and I had purchased the memory maker so I would usually just walk up to the photos and tap quick and leave. The rest of my family doesn’t even mess with walking up because it’s always crowded and it will pop up on our phones soon after. So I go up and see our photo and reach out and tap it and this woman standing there says “Guess we can’t see our picture now since they scanned it” all nasty to whoever she was with while looking at me. I said “excuse me” and she says “thanks to you scanning it, now we can’t see our photo now” I pointed to the screen and said “the photo is right there, did you tap it” and she said “no, we just want to look at it and you cut us and scanned it and now it’s going to disappear, you have to let us look at it first” I was thinking what on earth is this woman talking about!? And she was being so nasty with her attitude and tone. Like yelling at me like I did something wrong. I said “I don’t think you understand how this works. You get off the ride, see your picture and then tap it with your band if you have one.” And she says “well we don’t have bands and I just want to look at it”. I’m dumbfounded at this point and say “so you expect me to know that walking up here and just stand here and wait until you are done looking at it and then tap it?” And she said “yes we were here first” and I said “well that’s not exactly how it works and good luck with that” and walked away. Ugh…and the funny thing is we are forever stuck with her in our picture since she was in the same boat as us! I told DH that we need to photoshop emojis or something over her face!

Was reading some discussion on poor behavior at WDW in another thread, I was curious if anyone has ever taken matters into their own hands to point out or even correct the behavior? Or did you reach out to a cast member, and what was their response?

We all pay a lot for Disney vacations, but some people feel that entitles them to be obnoxious, rude, or to do things that are downright illegal. And it ruins things for everyone.

I've encountered plenty of awful guests in my travels to WDW, but usually just grumble to myself about it. I did once have a grown man step in front of my daughter just as a parade was starting (mind you, we were along the street edge with nobody in front of us at that point, but it was crowded). I did say something to him, he just turned around and gave me a nasty look. So we moved over a little bit to try to get her back into a position where she could see, which thankfully a neighboring family had no problem letting her squeeze in. Then 5 minutes into the parade the guy wandered away. Man, I wanted to deck him! 🤬
Big crowds, lines, scarcity of places to eat or even walk. Fear of missing out. Crankiness. The list goes on and on. A visit to a theme park is a recipe for exposing the worst in some people.

All these things can make for some miserable interactions. For the most part, you just have to "Let it go."

Of course, I still remember that group of "shoulder kids" who blocked my kids' view at the last second. Or all those people who saved seats at the quick service before ordering, while I was wandering all over with a tray full of food.

Anyway, don't let the rudeness of others spoil your vacation. Just move on, it's not worth it. Of course, that can be easier said than done.

We did see some guy hit is teenage son pretty hard in the chest. I had to hold my daughter back to keep her from going over and setting him straight. She is very proficient in mixed martial arts and I am sure she would have let him know what he did was not appropriate :)

Very rarely. But this last April…I was in line at Jungle Cruise. I was riding solo, the line was longish (45 min) and building because it started raining. There was a family with two super-cute little kids who’d been behind me in line the whole time, we’d been in for about 25-30 min. A man cut into the line from one side near some trash cans, going in just behind me but in front of the family, then he called over to bring his wife and three older teens in behind him. I mean, really? Their time is so much more important than everyone else’s?? So. Without one word to the linecutters, I invited the family with the littles to cut in front of me. They were delighted. The cutter’s wife, however, started screaming at me that they were there from the start (um, they so weren’t) and that I should mind my business (which I did. After I let the family with the littles in front of me). Of course, the cutters were on my boat. They spent the whole time scowling at me while I was hooting it up at the driver’s puns.

Eta: I didn’t HAVE to do this. But I stand by it!!!

Last edited:
Very rarely. But this last April…I was in line at Jungle Cruise. I was riding solo, the line was longish (45 min) and building because it started raining. There was a family with two super-cute little kids who’d been behind me in line the whole time, we’d been in for about 25-30 min. A man cut from one side near some trash cans into the line, just behind me but in front of the family, then called over bringing his wife and three older teens in behind him. I mean, really? Their time is so much more important than everyone else’s?? So. I invited the family with the littles to cut in front of me. They were delighted. The cutter’s wife, however, started screaming at me that they were there from the start (um, they so weren’t) and that I should mind my business (which I did. After I let the family with the littles in front of me). Of course, the cutters were on my boat. They spent the whole time scowling at me while I was hooting it up at the driver’s puns.
We had a line-cutter try to do the same to us on MMRR. We had walked over from YC with a family of 4 and waited for rope drop with them, so we had been chatting. We both went to MMRR, and we were behind them the entire time. This woman and her kids asked a CM if they could go up front to take pics, and he let them through. As soon as the line started moving, she stepped between our groups. I stopped her and asked if she had walked from the YC with us that morning because we we did and we had walked together, and the group in front agreed. A CM took her out of line. We high-fived each other later in the queue.

We waited for the parade & fireworks one year for almost an hour (our feet were tired & we got food, so it wasn't toooooo bad just resting for a bit), and were in the perfect spot, and just as the lights dimmed, an older couple walked right up to us & stood in front of my mom's scooter. I said something to them, and the husband got grouchy & played the "we're old & have bad knees & couldn't stand here waiting all this time - we stopped by here earlier!" card, but I wasn't going to ruin my mom's first WDW fireworks in 40 years! At least, not until my mom told me to just let it go - that it was a magical trip regardless of other people's actions, so I just kept quiet............... I have always regretted not following my daughter's advice & fake sneezed on him (with our bottle of water)........maybe next time I'll have the gumption.

I don't mind other peoples business so unless it's directly affecting me I don't say anything.

Now back when you could book a FP for Wishes in the garden area I had words with someone. It was the last night of our 9 night trip. I had not seen Wishes yet because on arrival day our flight had a 12 hour delay, one night my son decided to act a fool and we left the MK and the other night we tried to watch it it rained. So this was it. I was a bit wound up because I really wanted to see Wishes, it was my favorite show. We had a FP for it and were right in the front on the edge of the grass sitting and waiting. Then this man with a double wide stroller squeezes right in front of us and stands. He was literally standing on top of us. Mind you there was plenty of room in the garden area. I politely told the guy to please move. The group next to me asked him to move and the dad got a bit nasty with him. He told us we are going to have to stand anyway and what's the big deal. We went back and forth, a few other families joined in telling him to move (the stroller took that much space) and finally a CM came over and told the man to go to the back of the garden. He did move but he argued with the CM for a while over it. I'm pretty sure that night we all stayed seated on the grass for Wishes so it worked out.

My SO was resting his eyes when this started and he said when he heard the commotion his only thought was "dude you really don't want to do this today." LOL

Yes. Some guy at the Frontierland RR yelled at Dsis for not going through the queue. Problem was, there was no queue that day and everyone was going straight to where you get on the train. We pointed this out and he started yellling "lady, blah blah blah." I asked him what his problem was and he started telling his 2ish little boy to stay away from us that we were crazy :laughing:. Yes, we already knew that, but not in the dangerous way he was implying. We laugh now, but he was a rather nasty person. I felt sorry for the little boy :sad2: The point is/was, that don't take matters into your own hands. Looking back, it wasn't a huge deal but things can and do escalate. I saw a fist fight break out near the TTA one time. I spent the rest of the day looking over my shoulder for Disney employees to come get us because of that stupid confrontation at the RR depot :tiptoe: Be careful out there :flower:

Last edited:

At Hollywood Studios 'Rope Drop' this morning.

Fella' was 'holding a place' in the queue for his family of 7 additional people at Rope Drop.

First, he said, "It doesn't matter."

When I asked, "If it didn't matter, then why did you not wait with your family at security.....?"

<crickets>

Sadly, the unprincipled will never understand the principle.

To make matters worse, his mask was fishnet.

Just last week, we had a CM ask us to wait by her so that we could verify what happened with a rude guest. This guy tried to light the candles on the railing at the exit to Kali River Rapids. When the CM told him to stop, he yelled that he's allowed and that there is even a sign saying he could light the candles. The CM asked him not to again and also to show him the sign. The guy yelled some more and then gave the frazzled CM the finger.

Yes, and I was very cordial. However the guy looked like he needed anger management and was going to deck me.

He and his girlfriend were walking along the street on main st and they (as well as many others) tried to bulldoze their way through a heavily roped off crowd where tons of children were sitting. People kept doing it and stepping on them. I told him the walkway entrance was down there 👉🏽

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter