Have you ever played around with a ouija board? If so, did anything ever happen?

If it's really a 'portal' for spirits, it might be fun to use on Halloween, when supposedly whatever separates our world from the spirit world is at it's thinnest. I read that's how people started dressing up that night ... so that when the ghouls came out of the spirit world, they would think someone dressed up was just another spirit.

If "spirits" are capable of this, then why a printed piece of cardboard and a plastic planchet? Why not a toaster oven? Or an iPhone?

I think sometimes "spirits" are invited in these situations, depending on what kind of alcohol friends are bringing to the party. *wink!* :drinking1
I have no idea. I do hope you never have to find out, though!

It’s all fun and games until you get a poltergeist in your house! (J/k)

I have no idea. I do hope you never have to find out, though!

It’s all fun and games until you get a poltergeist in your house! (J/k)

There's an easy solution for that:

3NiyO9.gif

If "spirits" are capable of this, then why a printed piece of cardboard and a plastic planchet? Why not a toaster oven? Or an iPhone?

I think sometimes "spirits" are invited in these situations, depending on what kind of alcohol friends are bringing to the party. *wink!* :drinking1

I was like 12-14 when I was messing around with it so definitely no alcohol involved.

I get what you’re saying but (having to be careful with my choice of words here) couldn’t that also be said about why a specific building? Why a specific day of the week?

I know it may be silly, but I am kind of afraid of them so I haven't tried it.

I know some people who played with a ouija board one night (I don't know what if anything happened). However, for several days following they would put the board in places where this one guy would find it. He would open a drawer, and there it would be. Open a cabinet, there it is. He freaked out... of course it was just his friends messing with him

I can't recall where I heard this story, could have even been the DIS, but it was about a similar prank.
Something about a guy who had some book, supposedly haunted, who finally got rid of the book by chucking it into the sea.
His friend buys a copy of the same book, soaks it in water overnight, and then plants the book in his friend's dresser.
See this is what I meant by not wanting to be around negative energy. To me to inflict this upset on another person is extremely cruel so I'm not a fan about being around a thing that would provoke such meanness from humans. So whether the odd things happen at human hands or not, the cruelty is itself freakish.

I was like 12-14 when I was messing around with it so definitely no alcohol involved.

I get what you’re saying but (having to be careful with my choice of words here) couldn’t that also be said about why a specific building? Why a specific day of the week?

How could anyone safely dictate for certain that any paranormal phenomena involved with an ouija board would perform in any predictable manner, or even exist to begin with? If people knew for this with absolute certainty, they could easily repeat an ouija session under “the right conditions” and therefore prove their case. Instead, it’s been repeatedly debunked, even by Faraday in the 1800’s.

The guy who originally sold the board only did so because of copyright issues with the planchet. It was all a gimmick.

With all the things in life to be weary of, ouija boards, much like essential oil and salt lamps, should be the least of anyone’s worries.

See this is what I meant by not wanting to be around negative energy. To me to inflict this upset on another person is extremely cruel so I'm not a fan about being around a thing that would provoke such meanness from humans. So whether the odd things happen at human hands or not, the cruelty is itself freakish.
I love you LuvOrlando, and some days your words could easily apply to the Dis too.

How could anyone safely dictate for certain that any paranormal phenomena involved with an ouija board would perform in any predictable manner, or even exist to begin with? If people knew for this with absolute certainty, they could easily repeat an ouija session under “the right conditions” and therefore prove their case. Instead, it’s been repeatedly debunked, even by Faraday in the 1800’s.

The guy who originally sold the board only did so because of copyright issues with the planchet. It was all a gimmick.

With all the things in life to be weary of, ouija boards, much like essential oil and salt lamps, should be the least of anyone’s worries.

If there is ever a day on the dis where banned topics are allowed, I will come back and answer this.

A couple times as a kid. I thought it was so stupid. The other girls were acting as if it was real and getting freaked out and I was sitting here thinking "you can't be serious". I must have been born a skeptic because I don't believe in half of the crap that others do.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter