Have you ever run into anyone from your town at Disney?

A few years ago we saw the TV weatherman on ch. 6 in Indy at the MK. I said hi to him and a few other words.

I was 18 I was vacations with the Fam as usual for 2 weeks over Christmas/NYE at Port Orleans *I miss it* and I saw a young girl who looked just like a friend of mine who had moved away frommy home town YEARS before, running by. I kept staring at the girl and pointed her out to my family. All of a sudden I realized that it was my friend Erin and I ran at her and we yelled and screamed and cried!!! We were jumping up and down and dancing around in cirlces!! She was my Birhday Buddy in Middle School! We spent the entire week trapsing all over the parks chasing boys and causing trouble! She even taught me to smoke LOL!!!! But it was wonderful and since then (12 years) we have kept in touch! If not for Disney we wouldnt have ever found eachother since she moved from NH to Oklahoma!! This of course being the days before Facebook!!!

Sitting on the curb at Disney Hollywood Studios, we saw a family from our town and our church. One of their sons was on our son's baseball team and at cub scouts and the other son was in our daugher's class. We see them all the time at home..... imagine running into them like we were at the local grocery store!

We bumped into 2 of our friends (who we are in the same theatre group with here at home) at Orlando airport in the summer, we were on the same flight home back to England. We all knew that one another were huge Disney fans but hadn't clicked that we would be in the world at the same time (in the past I have helped them plan their trips!)

On our trip this past June(while waiting for Kali River Rapids )we ran into a lady and her daughter that go to our church. Then while on the way home (still in Florida) we were driving down the highway and noticed the car beside us trying to get our attention. Our friends from our own small town were laughing and waving..small world!

Yes! During my 2006 trip I ran into 3 families that I knew, all on separate occasions!
Guess that was a popular time to be at Disney.
On my last trip in 2008 I knew that some of my friends were going to be there at the same time as me in advance, so we arranged to meet at EPCOT, not the same amount of surprise, but still fun!

In 2006 we were in line for TOT, and started talking w/ the people in front of us, and come to find out they not only lived in our city BUT actually on our same street...........what are the odds of that:rotfl:

Nov '01....we were sitting on the curb on Main St, in front of Tony's, waiting for Spectro to start. My dh looks up and yells..."Hey, Harvey's!!!" It was a guy he had gone to school with, who runs our town transfer station, and his family. They were just walking in.
Then, a few years ago, my dd, then about 12, turned to me and said she saw an old teacher in the Space Mt line..so ran up to her to say hi. That poor teacher's family thought a lunatic child was coming at them!!!

It amazes me that with that area being so large that you continually run into people you know. Even when I'm traveling with a group of friends, or meeting other groups during the stay..it's amazing that you continue to see them in all the parks, even though you don't know where anyone is going to be on any given day.

We live in the UK and it has happened to us twice; once in DHS we were standing in line to meet Sully from Monsters inc and a family who lived on the same street as us were also in the line, we all got funny looks when we were laughing and hugging each other. But my favourite time was when we were in Disneyland ca., and I heard someone call out my name, I looked up and it was my cousin and his family who live in Calgary, Canada. We hadn't seen each other in quite a few years so it was absolutely fantastic, we had a meal together another day and also visited Universal together - it really made the holiday !:cool1::cool1:

Yup. We live in a small village, with a population a bit under 2,000. We've been to Disney World twice now, and both times we ran into people there that we knew from our home town. We also met a couple of people that lived in the same area, or knew the area well, but didn't live right in our town.

My DH has run into his clients clear down in Disney! And our neighbor's daughter is a CM in AK... we are looking forward to seeing her on our upcoming trip.

Mary

Back when I was in High School....we were shopping in a little store in Germany at EPCOT..I turn around and there is a girl I go to school with shopping too. She was there for some kind of band thing (i wasn't in the band, so not sure what it was) and I was just there on summer vacation. It was pretty weird running into someone you know like that.

I'm a teacher and we went over our fall break...:teacher: I knew that there would be students down there because we'd talked about it. I never thought I'd actually see any of them - I mean what are the odds? But on the day we went to the Studios - I ran into 2 of them and their families!! This from a guy who lives in a town of 25,000 people! Crazy:rotfl2:

First let me say I live in a very, very small town - 2 traffic lights growing up and not much bigger now. I have on 3 different trips - on my HS graduation trip with my boyfriend, I exited the Swiss Family Robinson tree house and saw my HS band director. Wow, that was nearly 30 years ago! Our last trip in April I was walking across the Pop parking lot to the 80's building and saw a car tag from my county. I thought I knew whose car it was - yes, my town is THAT small - and sure enough when I looked at the parking permit it was who I thought. I didn't see them, but they were there . . . and there is another family that has children the same age as my middle and youngest children and we've seen them at WDW a couple of times over the years. On one trip they kept turning up in the same parks at the same rides at the same time as us, and I finally asked them if they use TGM. They do! Whenever we see each other at school functions one of us will always say to the other, "Have you been to WDW lately?"

We live ~500 miles from WDW.

:goodvibes

In 2006, one of the CM working TGMR at DHS was from our town. We struck up a conversation, but had to cut it short so the ride could start. lol!

Back in 04 we were staying at the ASMU and we ran into someone that my husband used to work with in 2000...they bumped into each other in line for a cinnamon roll! :rotfl2:

I grew up in a rice farming community with under 300 kids k-12 in the school district, and it is one of the largest districts in the state measured by square miles--lots of land, very few people.

My DH, mom, dad and I were looking at the cars in Test Track and ran into a couple that I grew up with (she was one of my best friends) and their kids and her parents. Her mom was my 2nd grade teacher!

The next year we were at WDW for a conference (my DS's first trip) so there were lots of families that we knew, but it still surprised me how many of them we saw in the parks considering how big they are and how many people are there every day.

Yes. 3 sets of families in one vacation. 2 of them were staying in the same resort we were staying in - AKV. The other one are very close friend of ours and they didn't even tell us. We just saw them at one of the parks. They said that it was a last minute deal.

YEP!

We were headed to the HDDR (via the boat launch at MK) waiting for the MK bus in the bus corral at POP and starting chatting with the family behind us who were on their way to MNSSHP, come to find out they live like 2 miles away from us. It was so weird.

And although its not my town.. I also have a knack of running into the same families over and over again while there. This one family from POP I think I ran into them everyday, we even had some of the same ADR's. There was a newlywed couple we chatted with in line for the UP characters and I saw them at a different park the next day. Also a character handler CM was at two different parks the same days as us. We saw him at a total of three character spots. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter