Have you ever run into anyone from your town at Disney?

a few years back while staying at the animal kingdom we were getting our bags out of our rental car and a bell man came to help and on his name tag was his name and where he was from. ended up being from the same town we were and he knew my father in law. small world after all!

A few years back, we were camping at Ft.Wilderness. Halfway through our week, a family set up camp next to us. Their kids were classmates of our kids and live right up the street. All of the parents had never met before, now everyone we pass them on the street, we now call them the friends we met in Disney!

Ran into a schoolmate of DS' at MK this past Spring Break. They knew they were both there because they had been texting, but it was not planned for them to be at Disney at the same time. We let them spend part of the day together riding rides.

at EPCOT back in '95 I remember being with my Dad and we bumped into one of his co-workers, it was kind of wild. Neither knew they were going on vacation at the same time.

My wife and I are from Houston and went for a quick trip in May. One night while walking down main street right before wishes, I see a family from our Church! We talked for a while and watched wishes together it was so crazy that we just bumped into them!

When you run into someone you know at WDW, you do realize what a small world it really is (pun intended).

This past January, I ran into a co-worker at AK, near Y&Y. She was nearing the end of her trip, and I was at the beginning of mine. My department at work consists of 250 people, so not small, and neither of us knew that the other had a serious disney addiction. It was cool to find that out in the middle of a theme park!

A few years ago, at a restroom in Epcot, I ran into a woman from church/school, and her kids. At the time, our children attended a small Lutheran school in my town.

It is kind of wild to run into people you know at WDW!

Close! We were at the pool at POR and there was a bingo event. The kids that were sitting at our table were from Mass. Come to find out they were from the next town over (their dad actually lived in our town) and they new some of the kids my daughter went to school at. Then a few days later we found out they were staying just down the hall from us in the same building!

I was in line for Peter Pan when the couple in front of us turned around and it was a lady from my work that I talk to everyday. We both had been in such a fog when we got in line that neither one of us looked at each other. It wasn't until I said something about the place I worked that she turned around and was quite surprised to see me. :cool2:

We were in the All Star Sports food court last December. We went to look for a table and came upon 6 teachers from our hometown that were chaperones for a high school trip. They were wearing team sweatshirts so I recognized the sweatshirts, not the teachers. Small world.

I saw my old boss there once(a radiologist who treats his employees like crap). Avoided him.

Last weekend my DH and I went with our neighbors. My neighbor ran into a Dr she used to work with about 5 years ago. Then we ran 2!!! couples who live in our neighborhood. Then I ran into friends from MD where my husband and I lived 2 years ago. We live 8 hours away in SC now so it's not like we're close by. Very weird trip indeed. Last trip I ran into a photographer who had taken our family photo the year before when we were in Myrtle Beach.

We have bumped into people from home more than once during our trips. I remember back in middle school, we were walking through Fantasyland and saw one of my classmates, and about an hour later, saw another one of my classmates while in line for Space Mountain.

During another trip, we ran into two families from back home that were on vacation together at AK. A few days later we ran into them again at MK. That same trip, we were in line for our bus one night at Epcot and heard our last name being yelled. We turned around and it was my middle school gym teacher and her family!

Talk about a small world!

Many years ago......I'm thinking 1993........we were on the boat to Discovery Island from Ft. Wilderness and my DH saw a woman at the back of the boat he thought was his college roommate's sister. At the same time, she was saying to her DH she thought she recognized my husband. Now, keep in mind, they hadn't seen each other in almost 20 years. I had met her once or twice, but, wasn't sure it was her. Sure enough, when we got off the boat at Discovery Island, the two of them almost simultaneously said "Aren't you.........?"

Last year we went to rope drop at MK and wanted to leave just after the park opened at 9 and passed by my aunt and her sister walking under the train station as we left neither of us had any idea the other was there.

We have ran into people from out town a few times in previous trips. This past October I got chosen for the pre-show on the backlot tour along with my brother and a friend of ours. As we were getting dressed to go on, they chose a lady to go the pre show with us that we had never met before. Well, we find out she lives in our town and her husband is the principal of the HS where my DW went to.

May 2008 - We (my dad and I) go to late breakfast at Boma's. We meet a CM with a name tag from our home town in MD. Big conversation ensues and she quickly becomes a good friend of ours. She relocated to Florida a couple years ago with her family. Now we check in with her every trip.

May 2009 - We're at MK for night time EMH. Zip around Dumbo to go ride Cindy's Carousel when a voice shouts our names. It's an old family friend we haven't seen in a long while. Her daughter surprised her with a birthday trip.

October 2009 - Take my Aunt & Uncle for their first trip ever. In the stretching room of Haunted Mansion they bump into a couple from their church.

Yes, it is a small world after all.

Yup. . .walking through Tomorrowland. Looked up and noticed each other as we were about to pass by one another. It was a gal that worked for the same company as I did, back home. Didn't know she too, was on vacation----but even so, what were the odds that we'd meet up? Was a real freaky experience! (insert Twilight Zone music here. . .) :eek:

We ran into our neighbors while in line for Splash Mountain..lol.. Who was watching the neighborhood?!

A couple years ago...I am setting in the American Gardens Theater..and you know that feeling you get when you know someone is standing close to you...well I am setting there..waiting for the Four Tops concert...when I have this feeling someone is standing right next to me..sure enough..it's my Accounting teacher from high school from Michigan...and mind you..I am about 50 y/o at the time...small world...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter