Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarasota ran out of vaccines and all the people who had second shots scheduled were notified that their appointments were cancelled. Still no word on when they will get more.

ugh, that's no good.
Glad you were able get your Dad scheduled-

While I’m standing here in line to get my second vaccine, I came across this post so I figured I’d share! I had more side effects with my first shot than most others that I know. I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on December 23rd at the hospital that I work at. The initial shot itself was not painful. I experienced some pain at the injection site later, more so than any other vaccine I’ve received. About 9 hours later the fever and chills set in. The next day I had a headache, fatigue, and body aches. Those lasted about 5 days. I do suspect that I have previously been exposed to the virus but did not ever test positive. Hoping my second shot is a little kinder to me but at least not worse! Lol. Also, this is my first post ever. Yay!

While I’m standing here in line to get my second vaccine, I came across this post so I figured I’d share! I had more side effects with my first shot than most others that I know. I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on December 23rd at the hospital that I work at. The initial shot itself was not painful. I experienced some pain at the injection site later, more so than any other vaccine I’ve received. About 9 hours later the fever and chills set in. The next day I had a headache, fatigue, and body aches. Those lasted about 5 days. I do suspect that I have previously been exposed to the virus but did not ever test positive. Hoping my second shot is a little kinder to me but at least not worse! Lol.
My husband had his first shot at work on Christmas Eve and that night he was running over 103. Fever of 101-102 for the majority of the next three days. He just had his second injection yesterday and started running a fever by 10pm. He has been in bed all day-- 101+ even with taking meds.

Our daughter works at the same hospital and had absolutely no reaction to her first (hasn't had the second yet). I also work in healthcare, but don't have patient contact so I have not received a vaccine yet. Others I know had little to no reaction (most felt tired for a few days or had a very low fever for less than 24hr).

On the positive side, DH did have an antibody test done after his first vaccine and he does now have antibodies. We are in a study and have all been having antibody tests done regularly since May.

My husband had his first shot at work on Christmas Eve and that night he was running over 103. Fever of 101-102 for the majority of the next three days. He just had his second injection yesterday and started running a fever by 10pm. He has been in bed all day-- 101+ even with taking meds.

Our daughter works at the same hospital and had absolutely no reaction to her first (hasn't had the second yet). I also work in healthcare, but don't have patient contact so I have not received a vaccine yet. Others I know had little to no reaction (most felt tired for a few days or had a very low fever for less than 24hr).

On the positive side, DH did have an antibody test done after his first vaccine and he does now have antibodies. We are in a study and have all been having antibody tests done regularly since May.

Thank you for sharing! I guess I can remain optimistic that I too will have antibodies but I was hoping that you were going to say that the second shot was a cake walk compared to the first! Lol! How awesome that you get antibody tests regularly. I’m hoping to get one in the future iuuuuust to make sure.

Thank you for sharing! I guess I can remain optimistic that I too will have antibodies but I was hoping that you were going to say that the second shot was a cake walk compared to the first! Lol! How awesome that you get antibody tests regularly. I’m hoping to get one in the future iuuuuust to make sure.
We were thinking maybe since he had such a strong reaction to the first immunization and tested to have antibodies that maybe the first shot did all the work and this one would have been like nothing, but unfortunately not. Hoping it will be much better for you!

Day 6 and I’m back to normal. Slept fine last night. No headache, no body aches and no sweats. I’m glad that’s over.

My other coworker who also had covid in November had the same reactions and started feeling better by day 5.

Sorry....I can't remember is this Shot 1 or 2 for you? And thanks for the updates.

We were thinking maybe since he had such a strong reaction to the first immunization and tested to have antibodies that maybe the first shot did all the work and this one would have been like nothing, but unfortunately not. Hoping it will be much better for you!
That’s what I was hoping for too! Lol. Thank you for the well wishes. I’ll update later when round two hits me. I hope your husband feels better too!

Local news reporting it could be months before seniors can get vaccinated here. My parents are 80 and 87. I really hoped they would have some glimmer of hope by now. This is so discouraging.
KS released an expected schedule. They expect Phase 1 to continue throughout this month (we'll see because demand is far outpacing supply at this point). Phase two (65+ are included in that) is expecting to go from the beginning of February to April/May. Phase three in April/May to June. Phase four throughout June, then going to phase 5.

But like I mentioned on another thread I'm not so certain they should be releasing set expected schedules because if things don't happen according to their expected timeline it'll just frustrate people. I sure hope your parents are able to get vaccinated at least in the next month or two!

My wife and I are teachers in Tennessee and a couple days after Christmas they opened the vaccine up for us in our county. We both received the Moderna vaccine and aside from a sore arm and some itching we have not have any side effects. We will go back for the second dose on the 27th of this month.

I will add that sometimes the area around my wife's injection site still gets a little red and irritated looking, and it will itch from time to time after about 2 weeks.

My wife and I are teachers in Tennessee and a couple days after Christmas they opened the vaccine up for us in our county. We both received the Moderna vaccine and aside from a sore arm and some itching we have not have any side effects. We will go back for the second dose on the 27th of this month.

I will add that sometimes the area around my wife's injection site still gets a little red and irritated looking, and it will itch from time to time after about 2 weeks.
What county are you in? My county in TN has not started teachers yet (they said hopefully Feb), but my parents were finally able to get an appointment at a drive thru clinic for 75+ yesterday—they get there first dose in 2 weeks. They had been calling surrounding counties and gotten on wait lists because my county had its own health dept and does not have online scheduling yet and does not have a waitlist, they are very unprepared in my opinion

What county are you in? My county in TN has not started teachers yet (they said hopefully Feb), but my parents were finally able to get an appointment at a drive thru clinic for 75+ yesterday—they get there first dose in 2 weeks. They had been calling surrounding counties and gotten on wait lists because my county had its own health dept and does not have online scheduling yet and does not have a waitlist, they are very unprepared in my opinion

I live in Smith county (Carthage). I think it is more that they got more dosages than people were willing to take so they opened it to teachers. I am assuming with that though. My kids go to school in Putnam and they cancelled the first 2 days back from winter break so their teachers could get the vaccine if they wanted it.

I live in Smith county (Carthage). I think it is more that they got more dosages than people were willing to take so they opened it to teachers. I am assuming with that though. My kids go to school in Putnam and they cancelled the first 2 days back from winter break so their teachers could get the vaccine if they wanted it.
Wow that’s great you got it so fast. Knox is not doing so well

Had my first AstraZeneca vaccine about 4 hours ago and haven't had any ill effects. I complete my vaccination training on Friday so next week I'll be a peer to peer vaccinator for our NHS Trust.

Curious, did you receive a half or full dose first shot?

I had my 1st Pfizer vaccine 3 weeks ago and had my 2nd dose yesterday. No issues at all besides a sore arm, a dull headache and some fatigue. All was resolved by day 2.

Just over 24 hours since vaccine (Moderna). Nothing last night, felt fine. Woke up this morning and my arm was sore. Hurts to lift over my head. I'd say about a 4 on the pain scale, moderate. I am aware of the pain but I can continue with most daily activities. This morning I was cold. Felt like I couldn't get warm, not unusual for me. I'm always freezing and keep a blanket over my chair in my office, and I'm always bundled up at home. Right now I am comfortable, not hot or cold. I took a short nap this afternoon (tossed and turned all night, couldn't sleep). When I woke up from my nap, I had a slight headache. Took ibuprofen and it went away. I have been crying all day (depression hits me hard today) so 🤷‍♀️.
**I want to explain about the not sleeping and depressing day. Today is our son's birthday. He passed away in 2011. Today is always a struggle. Not sure if the tiredness and headache were from the shot or just my crappy day.

Just over 24 hours since vaccine (Moderna). Nothing last night, felt fine. Woke up this morning and my arm was sore. Hurts to lift over my head. I'd say about a 4 on the pain scale, moderate. I am aware of the pain but I can continue with most daily activities. This morning I was cold. Felt like I couldn't get warm, not unusual for me. I'm always freezing and keep a blanket over my chair in my office, and I'm always bundled up at home. Right now I am comfortable, not hot or cold. I took a short nap this afternoon (tossed and turned all night, couldn't sleep). When I woke up from my nap, I had a slight headache. Took ibuprofen and it went away. I have been crying all day (depression hits me hard today) so 🤷‍♀️.
**I want to explain about the not sleeping and depressing day. Today is our son's birthday. He passed away in 2011. Today is always a struggle. Not sure if the tiredness and headache were from the shot or just my crappy day.
{{HUGS}}

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter