• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I snagged an appointment for the end of the month last Friday m a few hours later I got the call I was covid positive. I snagged one for DH for the end of the month or even next month (didn’t even check the date), went to tell him (hes been sleeping in another room because of me), there is no doubt in my mind he doesn’t have covid (need to check on him again, he’s not up to speaking).

Well, I snagged an appointment for the end of the month last Friday m a few hours later I got the call I was covid positive. I snagged one for DH for the end of the month or even next month (didn’t even check the date), went to tell him (hes been sleeping in another room because of me), there is no doubt in my mind he doesn’t have covid (need to check on him again, he’s not up to speaking).
Oh no. 😣

I’m so happy for those that have been able to get vaccinated but I’m feeling so discouraged. I’m in group 1A and have been registered with my county and several hospitals since January with zero luck! I’m supposed to be starting new meds but my neurologist insists that I have my Covid vacs first then wait an additional month afterwards before starting the new medication. Trying not to stress but some days it’s hard.
I agree with others about checking the vaccinefinder website. My parents were on several hospital/health systems lists for weeks and only one sent them an email (which they missed since it was in their health account and not personal email) after they finally got their vaccines at a retail store. Don't wait for hospitals to contact you. In my area, most hospital vaccines are done in parking lots. Retail stores seem to be more organized and vaccines are done indoor every 15 minutes. My mother has a history of severe allergies and I was worried about her getting her vaccine in a parking lot. The pharmacist that gave her the vaccine watched her for 30 minutes before letting her leave the store.

Some offices in my area are giving out the J&J shot. It’s very hush hush though. It’s not advertised. If you come in for a routine outpatient appointment and you fit the guidelines right now they will offer it to you. You get right then and that’s it. There’s no making an appt later or thinking about it. I knew my health system was doing it but then my grandma went in for an appt yesterday at another health system and they offered it to her. So looks promising that it may open up to more physicians.

My dad (76) got his 2nd Moderna yesterday. He got a headache pretty soon after the vaccine yesterday. Has a headache and body aches today. Nothing too serious, but definitely noticeable.
No rhyme or reason for the side effects. I had none, a couple of 90 year old acquaintances had none, but my 36 year old son had a low-grade fever and slight headache.

DH had his second Moderna shot yesterday. Said he's feeling a bit off today, but nothing serious. My parents both got their first shot yesterday with the 2nd being scheduled for 4/4. Starting on 3/22 I'll be eligible to register for an appointment.

I’m glad to see in this thread that some places are giving shots in the middle of the night. It should be round the clock!

I don’t think you need a note to get it. Not sure where you are, but where I am, it’s on the Honor system. Which is why there have been some problems (like people pretending to be healthcare workers), but most people have probably been honest. Good luck.

From what I have seen near me at the places they do want something

I’m glad to see in this thread that some places are giving shots in the middle of the night. It should be round the clock!

I don’t think you need a note to get it. Not sure where you are, but where I am, it’s on the Honor system. Which is why there have been some problems (like people pretending to be healthcare workers), but most people have probably been honest. Good luck.

In NYC, if you go to an urgent care to get the vaccine (with an underlying condition) you need to show a referral/note from your Dr.
I went to Javits Center and I brought it with me for my J & J, but they didnt even ask to see it--- I am hearing that alot

DH just got a call for his first shot of Moderna on Saturday. He is 61 and Michigan just opened it up this past Monday for 50+. I had signed him up on our local Health Department's website the first day they started their list. I also signed up my 21 year old but could be a wait on that.

Everyone I know in my area (Tampa FL) who is eligible for the vaccine has been able to get it; most have received both doses at this point.

Although college/university instructors are not yet eligible (K-12 teachers are), the word on the street is that there is a certain site that is vaccinating all educators, including those in higher education. My university even sent out an email with this information. I've been a little reluctant to take advantage of this. I'm not really in a high-risk group (although I'm not exactly young or my ideal weight) and I'd feel a little guilty. My university has done a great job of keeping both instructors and students safe (as much as is within their control, anyway) and I've never felt that my safety at work has been compromised. I'd still like the vaccine, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter