• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I took my 74 year old aunt to Mass General vaccination appt this morning. I've been trying to get appt for her through the state's online system with no success. Then last week, she got an invitation (no companion) from Mass General as she is a patient (Cancer free for 15 years). Very impressive and organize setup, we were in and out in 45 minutes with free garage parking. She got the Johnson & Johnson.

I got my shot (Pfizer) on Monday and today (Thursday) I woke up with my arm twitching/spasm where I got my shot. It has been doing it on and off for the last 7hrs since I woke up. No pain but it is really getting annoying with the involuntary muscle movements. Haven’t had any other side effects other then the spams and some arm pain which passed 24hrs after the shot.

I got my first Moderna last Monday at a Walgreens about an hour away. Felt great. For about four hours. Then, I started feeling very groggy, very out-of-sorts. Was down the rest of Monday and most of Tuesday. Felt fine on Wednesday.

I'm a little nervous about my second shot in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm going by myself. I don't know what would happen if I feel sick while on the way home. I'm going by myself. Everyone else I know has plans.

I'm a little nervous about my second shot in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm going by myself. I don't know what would happen if I feel sick while on the way home.
You'll do just fine. Don't overthink it. I presume you be going to the same Walgreens, an hour away. I doubt very much if you would feel sick in an hour. If you did, just pull over in a gas station, restaurant or similar parking lot. If you want, bring a plastic bag, or similar, just in case. But I really do think you will do fine on the way home.
spelling

Last edited:
I got my first Moderna last Monday at a Walgreens about an hour away. Felt great. For about four hours. Then, I started feeling very groggy, very out-of-sorts. Was down the rest of Monday and most of Tuesday. Felt fine on Wednesday.

I'm a little nervous about my second shot in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm going by myself. I don't know what would happen if I feel sick while on the way home. I'm going by myself. Everyone else I know has plans.

If you feel that unsure I would probably make plans , also. :)

So for those still waiting to hear from the state of PA, here's some hope.

I signed up on Jan 16. Was getting emails saying there are 100,000 ahead of you. Two weeks ago they were up to Jan 13 sign ups, two days ago Jan 14 th signups. Today I got an email, I could get a shot tomorrow at a place about 1 mile away. I won't need it, since my DD stayed up a few nights running and found us the shots that we got last week.

I think so many people are finding shots on their own, the state list probably only has 1/2 the people listed that still need the shot.

My husband got his first Pfizer dose last week. My 18 year old daughter (works at Disney Springs) and I got our first Pfizer doses this week. Now the only one not vaccinated is our 11 year old son. He will be 12 in June, so fingers are crossed that the 12-16 year old age group can be vaccinated before the upcoming school year. We purposely kept him home this entire year and he is participating in distance learning through our district to help keep the population low at the middle school. Loved having him home but also ready for him to go back in August. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter