have you had the steaks at these restaurants?

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
Edison
Boathouse
Artist Point
Jiko
Ciricos
Narcossee
STK

We had planned on going to Le Cellier or Yachtman but Im thinking of trying a new restaurant

No, but imagine my very great surprise when the steak my husband and I ordered at San Angel Inn (the kids were dying to eat in the pyramid) was fantastic. With all the reviews and how much Pete hates it on DisUnplugged, we fully expected a microwaved dinner type of meal. Every single thing we are was delicious, and we are very picky about our steaks! This was in December.

Edison
Boathouse
Artist Point
Jiko
Ciricos
Narcossee
STK

We had planned on going to Le Cellier or Yachtman but Im thinking of trying a new restaurant
My steak at Boathouse was awful. Stick with their seafood.

On the same vacation, my ribeye steak at Shula's (not on your list, but near Boardwalk/Epcot) was amongst the best I've ever eaten.

Had the filet at STK a couple weeks ago. It was amazing. My husband had the strip - good, but nothing like my filet.

Loved the steaks at Narcoosees and Citricos. Artists point has been disappointing for us a couple of times. Also agree that San Angel has a great steak, and also mama Melrose.

Shulas is very good and the Wagyu filet at Flying Fish is very good as well. I would go to either one of them before anything on your list for a great steak.

Edison
Boathouse
Artist Point
Jiko
Ciricos
Narcossee
STK

Edison - not yet!
Boathouse - yes, wasn't too impressed for the price of it. Not a bad steak but I wish I'd tried something different.
Artist Point - no.
Jiko - yes, a few times. Normally it's great but the last visit was so-so. Trying again this year as all restaurants have off nights.
Citricos - yes, loved it. Every experience has been great. The atmosphere is quiet here and if we have a choice we always choose CA Grill over Citricos but I don't think I've ever had a bad meal there.
Narcoossee's - yes but years ago, so I can't speak to it.
STK - not yet!

Edison
Boathouse
Artist Point
Jiko
Ciricos
Narcossee
STK

AP, Jiko, Citricos are all good. I’ve only had seafood at Narccossee, although DW enjoys the steak there. No experience with STK. we had the worst experience ever at Boathouse, ordering the porterhouse for two. Terrible service, overcooked steak, and a generally unsatisfactory meal. We will not return.

Artist Point - Yes, and it was amazing!
Jiko - We've had the elk loin and it was excellent. Great meal if you're looking for something a little different.

Edison
Boathouse
Artist Point
Jiko
Ciricos
Narcossee
STK

Of the restaurants you mention, I've eaten steak at AP, Jiko, Citrico and Narcoossee as well as Yachtman. Of those I'd rate AP, Jiko & Citrico very highly. However for the best steak if you aren't on a dining plan, head a short distance off property to Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria in Bonnet Creek.

See Im stuck between boathouse, citricos and narcossee...I have no idea which to do...

All good choices.

Sorry, I've always done seafood at the Boathouse so can't comment first-hand on their steak. But...

I've had the filet several times at Narcoossee's. It was excellent each time and the view of the lake from there is really great.

Last December at Citricos I ordered the short ribs--hands down the best I've ever had. My wife and I sat at the table directly in front of the pass. That night, nearly half of the plates leaving the kitchen were the filet. It's got to be fantastic to be that popular.

Such a tough choice... Good luck! I hope you enjoy whichever you end up picking.

Artist Point: I much prefer the buffalo (which seems to have disappeared from the current menu) than yet another filet, so I've not had a "steak" there.
Jiko: similar to the oak grilled filet at California Grille, but with different sides. I liked the mac and cheese at Jiko over the California Grille's potato and rutabaga mash.
Citrico's: similar to the oak grilled filet at California Grille, but with different sides. I wasn't a fan of the mashed potato "puree" and carrots.
Narcoossee's: The filet wasn't grilled over oak, so it had less sharp bite than CF, Jiko, and Citrico's. I liked the potatoes and the red wine reduction. When I was last there, the seasonal side was asparagus, which is my preferred side with filet.

At every restaurant, I had no issue getting my steak done medium-rare the first time. All were properly cooked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter