Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishesQueen

DIS Veteran
Welcome All!!! To Our NEW Official Chat Thread!!!

I always wanted to start a new one!!!:goodvibes

Hi! Hope all of our ladies in the paths of hurricanes are doing well! :wizard:

I am watching a TV show right now about extreme thrill rides. These people are being taken up into a 200 foot tower and then the floor opens up and they fall over 100 feet into a net below :scared1: They don't use a bungee cord or parachute or anything :scared1: :eek: I am getting scraded just thinking about it!

Travel's channel's website's trip a month sweekstakes is for a four year DVC membership this month, so anyone interested might want to sign up!

We have our town festival this weeked, and my fiance is the chairman, so I have to go help him out later. I would rather just stay out of his way. He is being :mad: :headache: :rolleyes1

See ya later!

Annette!!! YAY!!! A first thread for you!:thumbsup2 We better make sure it's a good one!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I walked....I am back. :goodvibes Now to get ready to run errands....DS's bday is Sunday (OMG HE"S GONNA BE 18!:eek: )and I know he just wants $$$ but I need to get a card and a tuxedo shirt for DD for band....and whatever else. YUCKY errands.

Vanessa
...you feeling better?:flower3: Hope so. Sick stomachs are the worst to have. I can handle flu, fevers, whatever....NOT vomiting.:scared:

Kel...You better, too?:upsidedow I hope so!

Hey, Mandy!

Hey, Amy!! OMG...that "ride" sounds like a nightmare I've had......NO THANKS!!!!! What fun, right?!?!?! Have a good time at the festival....LOL...hang in there!

Well....did you guys see my trip torment post? I am sooo wishy washy and having guilt feelings.....:guilty: Pathetic.

My laundry is still waiting for me. It's gonna wait a bit longer. Today is crazy. I should not be sitting here....so I am gonna move it.:yay:

Talk to ya all later! Make sure Deb, and HTCS, and BS, and Dawn all find their ways over.:)

Have a great day, all!

Chan

Hey Everyone!!!

I back from running around for now!! Actually, I am going to jump on the treadmill for awhile!!

I am so glad we're all here!!

Annette:lmao:

Morning ~ I am so glad it is Friday!

Dawn~ Are those Kingdom Keeper books good for a 6 yo? DS loves to be read to and I have read him Narnia and a few other chapter books. It sounds like a fun book to read! You bringing DIS to work reminds me of when I use to sub for a friend who's DH worked for Disney and she gave her kids real Disney dollars for reading, good test scores, ect..... Every so often she had a store that they could buy Disney stuff from, she gets WDW stuff like way discounted from a sale WDW has for employees and she racks up! She also takes her whole class to WDW and the most improved student wins ticket for the whole family. You bet those parents are involved! The coolest thing is the year I was subbing so much for her the kids who were really good student and had a easier time helped out the ones that were struggling, they were almost rooting them on and wanting to help them do their best so they could win the tickets. The kids love it and her kids had the best scores on FCAT test! Her class room is so cool, she has a reading area with beanbag chairs, love seat, and a few arm chairs! Sorry to babble on, she is just so awsome and I love to tell people about her!

Chan~ When you get done with your laundry you can come down here and do mine! Ughh! I swear I want two washers and dryers! I do two loads a day and I swear the mountain in the laundry room never goes down. I have tried to convince DH to use his bath towel once but he is stubborn. My kids just get so dirty and sweaty outside that we have to change clothes and then at night when we do bike rides we all get sweaty again. Add bath towels and other stuff and it never ends! I feel like it is ground hog day when i step into my laundry room! The good thing is I feel like a robot and go on auto pilot with my routine, I don't even measure the detergent anymore, I have it on a shelf over my washer and I just push the button and know when i have enough!

Hey, Mandy....I am trying to leave this computer...LOL...the Kingdom Keepers is just a novel. It's not really for little kids...there is some scary stuff. It's for probably 10 and up. Even adults enjoy it a lot. I need to read Lucy's copy. ShE LOVED IT...coudln't put it down LOVE it.

No...laundry is not my forte. It ain't happening......*sorry*!:rotfl:

Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lives4Disney View Post
Morning, all!

Ugh....I got nowhere with my laundry yesterday. I did vacuum though. Kinda...like 1/2 my house. Oh well....Today is another crazy day. School meetings...errands...soccer scrimmage...no time to really get into anything here. I will get the laundry thru but not put away!

I was awake at 4:30 am this morning. I am tossing and turning and having a lot of qualms about taking this October trip. I kind of don't care but on the other hand I really do! I feel like I was kind of just there. BUt then I talked to my GF CM friend and that really makes me want to go....I hear the band in teh background, want to visit with her, see the sights...the Halloween party....meet a couple Dissers and an Ebay friend I have been an email friend with for over a year! I don't want to disappoint anybody, but hen again I think I am the one that really wants to go. I feel guilty about DH not going...even though he doesn't act like he minds...I DO. I feel like maybe taking DD out of 7th grade might not be the right choice...she'll miss 5 days. She is in honors classes and has anywhere from 2 to 5 hrs homework each night and tha tdoesn't include her French Horn practice....ugh I can cancel easily. THat's not a biggie...I am just not feeling right about it at this time. Maybe I will feel differently next week. That's part of my issue.

Oh well........

Time to walk!

Talk to ya all later!! Hope to see more pics.

Chan

I've had days like you're having today.....no time to do much of anything . Just keep thinking it's FRIDAY AND IT'S THE WEEKEND !!!!

And I'm sorry you're having second thoughts about your trip . There's times I get all excited from the time I book until about 2-3 weeks before we are to leave and then I start freaking out thinking we shouldn't go . I don't know if it's just anxiety or what......but I just start worrying about everything and anything and keep getting all worked up about it . But I'm always excited when I'm on my way to the airport knowing I'll be in Disney soon . But I must say....I've never gone without DH or my kids.....so I really can't help there . As far as your DD missing school.....not sure if it will help....but the last 2 years we went in September and my 2 DSs missed 6 days both years and they did fine. They weren't in honors classes, but the first year one was 6th grade the other 7th....then last year it was 7th and 8th. I know all kids are different, but I'm sure she's a great student and she'll do fine . I wouldn't make any decisions yet.....play it by ear and see how you feel in the coming weeks . Just have a great weekend and try not to think about it too much and see if your feelings change . I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time once you're there .

Well....better get back to more cleaning....I'm almost done .

Deb

THANKS, Deb!!
I get really moody. I am just in a nervous mood...and then I don't remember when they take the ISAT tests.....If it's that week I am up the creek.

Talk to ya all later!! I am MOVING on NOW!:goodvibes

Chan

Chan I saw your post about your trip torment! I hate that you are feeling uneasy! :guilty:

If it is something that is gonna cause you stress and make it difficult for your kids in school then I would be uneasy too. You have to do what is best for YOU and don't worry about disappointing your DIS or eBay friends. Friends understand these type of things! :goodvibes

Good luck making your decision! :flower3:

Good morning all.

I must have slept funny i have the worst muscle pain from my mid back under my shouler back up through my neck and into my head.

i would give up my Christmas trip for someone to give me some relief.

Good morning all.

I must have slept funny i have the worst muscle pain from my mid back under my shouler back up through my neck and into my head.

i would give up my Christmas trip for someone to give me some relief.

Um if I told you to go take some drugs from that pain would you give me the trip? LOL! :rotfl:

Seriously sorry you are in pain. My DH back goes out every now and then and he has to see a chiropractor, I was skeptical till I messed up my back and the chiropractor worked wonders!

M&P- Hope you are better soon! I was up all night sick last night and it really stinks. This weather change has not been good for anyone.

Channing~ Well....I wish I knew what to tell you. These types of decisions are sooo hard. What about Thanksgiving?? Leave the day after Christmas and enjoy New Years so you would not have to take them out of school?? I would probably just rest on it a few days and see what happens. I am sure everyone would love to see you but would understand your situation. Let us know what you find out.:flower3:

Um if I told you to go take some drugs from that pain would you give me the trip? LOL! :rotfl:

Seriously sorry you are in pain. My DH back goes out every now and then and he has to see a chiropractor, I was skeptical till I messed up my back and the chiropractor worked wonders!

I'd at least put your name on the room and invite you along lol

Im standing in front of hundreds of drugs right now...i would love to take some..

I never had a bad back in my life, but lately if I sit or sleep the wrong way I am in sooo much pain.

I refuse to address the subject of aging....so forget it!!!

HEY, EVERYONE ...I made it over :cool1: :cool1:!!!! Annette...YAY on the new thread :banana: :banana:!!!!!

Chan - I would find out when the testing is scheduled so you can maybe put your mind at ease as far as that goes :confused3. Not to freak you out anymore....but I've been through the "vacation during testing week" and it's not fun :headache:. We do ISTEP testing and last year they changed it from 1 week of testing to 2 WEEKS of testing :mad:. And wouldn't ya know.....the 2nd week was while we were gone :furious:. The principal worked it out and got my 2 tested, but it was one hectic week :scared1:........but knowing I was going to Disney the following week sure helped me get through it :goodvibes. But I would see when that is to take place and go from there ;). As far as the make up work from missing 5 days.....I'm sure DD can handle it :). But I do understand your concern and worry.....it's alot when they get up into MS and HS. I'll have 2 in HS next year so our vacations will probably go back to summer or around school breaks so they miss the least amount of days possible....because it gets too hard when they get to the HS level :rolleyes1.

V - Hope you're feeling better today :flower3:. And you're right about this crazy weather....not good for anybody :sad2:.

Hi, Mandy and m&p :wave2: m&p....hope your back starts feeling better.

Kelly - Feeling better I hope :flower3:.

irisbud - I've seen shows like that....all I can say is NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS :rotfl2: :rotfl2:. Those people are crazy :rotfl: :rotfl:!!!!

Gotta head out to drop something off at UPS....I'll catch ya all a bit later :upsidedow.

Deb :yay:

Hey guys Just wanted to let you know my dad will be having surgery on Monday.

I need to get busy b/c I need to prep the house for the hurricane and pack the kids up to go to my g-mas PLUS I need to pack for the trip to the hospital 3 hrs away. My wonderful DH has taken time off work and is trying to keep me calm, but i keep asking why we cant go to WDW Saturday and he is trying to gently remind me we are the adults and cant blow off the responsibilities we have to take care the next few days!

I just need to escape to my happy place!

Keep central FL in your prayers as we prepare for IKE!

Hey guys Just wanted to let you know my dad will be having surgery on Monday.

I need to get busy b/c I need to prep the house for the hurricane and pack the kids up to go to my g-mas PLUS I need to pack for the trip to the hospital 3 hrs away. My wonderful DH has taken time off work and is trying to keep me calm, but i keep asking why we cant go to WDW Saturday and he is trying to gently remind me we are the adults and cant blow off the responsibilities we have to take care the next few days!

I just need to escape to my happy place!

Keep central FL in your prayers as we prepare for IKE!

Hope everything goes well with your dad's surgery Monday :hug:. You and your family stay safe and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter