Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Channing We were kind of posting at the same time...:rotfl: We love old movies around here too...I recently introduced DD to the old Audrey Hepburn movies...she loved Breakfast at Tiffanys...me too...havent seen any Andy Hardy movies in ages...

Isnt it nice to watch the oldies with our children and see a whole new generation love the same movies that we did and in some cases our parents did too...:goodvibes

Hi, Blue Skies! YES!!! And you know it's funny because after we watched "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"...Lucy said to me....wow..they are SUCH GOOD ACTORS. They don't have talent like that in movies anymore.:rotfl: Kinda true. I prefer the oldies and the classics.

Happy night!
Channing:)

Siobhan: Sorry you are sick, feel better soon.:goodvibes

I love the Waltons, I watch them on Hallmark Channel sometimes. I also like old movies, but don't take the time to sit and watch a movie very often. I can't sit still that long.:rotfl2:

That risotto recipe sounds just like the risotto I had at Artist Point. The menu's keep getting smaller and too many places are serving the same food..:sad2:

Time to take the tree and decorations down. TTYL

Morning Gals :coffee:

This weather we're having is so nutty......it rained all night (is still drizzling some) and it's in the mid to upper 50s :rolleyes1. All the snow and ice has melted......you'd never know everything was like a skating rink just a day or 2 ago :rolleyes:. But the mild temps won't last.....it's supposed to be back into the 30s tomorrow :headache:. This is the craziest weather :sad2:.

Siobhan......Sorry you're sick :sick:. I hope the antibiotics kick in and you feel better soon :flower3:.

Maxie......Have fun taking all your decorations down :upsidedow.

Hi to everyone else!!!! Hope everyone has a great day :).

Deb :goodvibes

Morning All!

I know it is Saturday...but it feels like Sunday...:confused3 My internal clock is a little off but I do know it is 83 days until spring...!!!

Maxie if I didnt get it right today I give up...:rotfl:

Deb We are having the same wacky weather here...warm and rainy ...the snow is gone:yay:..I even have the windows opened...love that fresh air...later we'll probably be freezing:headache:

Well I do have some stuff to get done today (but not taking down the decorations:rotfl: )...and here I sit:surfweb: ...

Have a nice day all...TTYL:flower3:

BlueSkies: Thanks for the spring update. You're right 83 days.:thumbsup2 It feels like Sunday to me too.

The tree and decorations are down and put away. The house looks so plain with them down. I'm off to the mall with my sil to try to walk. We went yesterday, but it was crazy crowded and we only walked once. We try to do 3 or 4. I really need to walk after all of the junk I've been eating.:rotfl2:

Afternoon all! OMG...we are in vacation mode here. :goodvibes I am the ONLY ONE UP!!! Everybody is still sleeping....and I just got up!:rotfl2: I was awake for a bit, reading in bed....but we are lazy.

The girls want to see "Bedtime Stories" today...so that's our only plan. Maybe hit a couple stores, too.

I am thinking GRAND FLORIDIAN HERE I COME!:rotfl: It's almost January:cool1: ....and that means it's almost February.:thumbsup2 After seeing the WDW XMas parade....I am in WDW mood.

Off to catch up & read what I missed!

TTYL, happy Saturday -
Chan:)

Hi Everyone - hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was great and of course I ate waaayyy too much!
We had a record high here of 80 degrees! It was kind of weird. We've had 70's before on Christmas but I had to turn my A/C on for I think the first time ever. :confused3 Glad you all are having warmer weather up there, too!

I'm catching up on the last few pages
Siobhan - so glad you went to the dr. and got some meds. Hope they kick in very soon!

I have that LC Risotto recipe but I haven't made it. I have everything I need to make the Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup on New Years Day! It turns out close to the original but I think they fudge on the ingredients a little so its not perfect. It calls for carrots and I don't remember ever seeing or tasting carrots in there! Also, you have to use Moosehead beer and you can't try to slim it down by using some skim milk like I did the first time I made it!!

Chan - We do the same thing you do for Christmas but for New Years!

I make Spinach dip in a sourdough bread bowl, the LC Cheddar Cheese Soup, these awesome PizzaTarts, cream cheese/ bacon "Elf Bites" , Fiesta Cheesecake which is a main dish "cheesecake", Chili, fruit salad and veggies with dip (gotta get something healthy in there) and Mississippi Mud for dessert. Then we graze all day!!

No wonder I gain 5 pounds every Christmas and New Years! :eek: Maxie - I'm with you on the walking - going a bit for a looonngg walk. I'm determined to take it easy for the next few days to lose a little before I pig out again on New Years Day!:lmao:

Princesses! Yes...we have much of the same. :thumbsup2 Great minds!:rotfl: I do the spinach dip in sour dough bread, too.:goodvibes My family loves Mexican food and spicy food...so the hot wings and nachos are necessary...and then the saganaki always has to be in there for kicks. Yep...the veggies and dip...and that is what they didn't eat.:rotfl: I used to make Chili too! I will on NYE. And they already want wings again. Total bar food is what they love.:rotfl2:

Oooh...Mississippi Mud sounds yummo. How do you make THAT?:yay:

OK...I have to get moving to see the movie. I want to see if there are any bargains at Target first.

TTYL!
Chan

Hey did you gals notice we are at 250 pages already :confused3? We're some chatty gals, aren't we :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Morning All!

Deb We are having the same wacky weather here...warm and rainy ...the snow is gone:yay:..I even have the windows opened...love that fresh air...later we'll probably be freezing:headache:

It's kind of a nice change from all the sleet/ice/snow we've had lately :sad2:. DH took down all the outside decorations this morning before it started raining :rolleyes1. I have my inflatables plugged in in the basement so they can dry out before I put them away.....they haven't been blown up for about a week because they were stuck to the ground with all the rain/sleet/ice we had :eek:. But I think you're right.....we'll be freezing in another day or two :headache:.

The tree and decorations are down and put away. The house looks so plain with them down. I'm off to the mall with my sil to try to walk. We went yesterday, but it was crazy crowded and we only walked once. We try to do 3 or 4. I really need to walk after all of the junk I've been eating.:rotfl2:

I know what you mean.....I looked around the house yesterday and thought the same thing.....it looked very bare :rolleyes:. But now it's time to THINK SPRING and keep that countdown going as I'm ready for warm weather :thumbsup2.

Afternoon all! OMG...we are in vacation mode here. :goodvibes I am the ONLY ONE UP!!! Everybody is still sleeping....and I just got up!:rotfl2: I was awake for a bit, reading in bed....but we are lazy.

The girls want to see "Bedtime Stories" today...so that's our only plan. Maybe hit a couple stores, too.

I am thinking GRAND FLORIDIAN HERE I COME!:rotfl: It's almost January:cool1: ....and that means it's almost February.:thumbsup2 After seeing the WDW XMas parade....I am in WDW mood.

Off to catch up & read what I missed!

TTYL, happy Saturday -
Chan:)

That's what vacations are for....sleeping in and relaxing :goodvibes. Have fun at the movies today :). I want to see the movie "Marley and Me".....it looks so cute and the dog looks just like Hunter (that's probably why I want to see it :rotfl:).

Time will fly now that Christmas is over. It will be February and you gals will be at the GF before you know it :thumbsup2.

I make Spinach dip in a sourdough bread bowl, the LC Cheddar Cheese Soup, these awesome PizzaTarts, cream cheese/ bacon "Elf Bites" , Fiesta Cheesecake which is a main dish "cheesecake", Chili, fruit salad and veggies with dip (gotta get something healthy in there) and Mississippi Mud for dessert. Then we graze all day!!

This sounds like a great way to spend New Years to me....and quite yummy too ;).

Oooh...Mississippi Mud sounds yummo. How do you make THAT?:yay:

TTYL!
Chan

I was thinking the same thing :goodvibes.

Deb

Hello Ladies!!

I started a new thread before this one closes!!!

Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 4

See you all there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter