Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! :santa:

Marvel: Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. It's so precious watching the little ones discover the characters. My DS1 LOVES to meet them. DH gave me a digital picture frame for xmas and uploaded our WDW photos to it. DS1 keeps screaming "See, See" whenever a character pops up :)

Mandy: I hear ya on multiple gifts. My boys are three years apart and they are fighting over each other's toys. Thankfully, the Thomas Train Table has been keeping them both busy. When they both play with that, we're good. It's when one wanders off to discover a new toy then the other one wants that toy! :rotfl: We watch A Christmas Story all day on Christmas. It's on in the background.

Shel: I had that Dell Mini for two days and returned it. I thought I would love it, but I just couldn't get used to the small keyboard. Lots of luck with it. The size is amazing! :goodvibes

Chan: Your family and house look beautiful! :goodvibes I might really take up your tradition of bar food next Christmas Day. I made a lasagna, spiral ham, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole and salad and just DH and I ate and not sitting down at the table!! We spent the whole day assembling toys. My boys wanted grilled cheese for dinner!! :scared1: Munchies next year, totally the way to go!! :thumbsup2

Kelly: Your nephew is adorable! How's Anty liking that Koda? How fast does it go?

Lisa: If you make the risotto soon, let me know how it goes. I'm planning on making it for New Years Eve. I can use up those Omaha Filet Mignons - they take up room in the freezer! :rotfl:

Deb & Blue: I'm all for taking down the tree today. I just can't get to it :rotfl2: I put DH and my presents back under the tree (unwrapped). I have toys all over the place right now. Once I get the toys in order, then I can make my way to the tree :laughing:

I made Chef Mickey's Breakfast Pizza yesterday and I have to say, it came out much better than Mickey's :laughing: I just had a piece for breakfast this morning and still yummy! I have the recipe if anyone wants it. You don't really need a recipe, as it's eggs and cheese on a pizza crust but I did follow how they do it and I think it tastes so much better at home!:thumbsup2

So now get this, you know how I felt the DxDDP was way too much food and ADRs, well now DH thinks it's worth to have at the GF because he's looking forward to having Narcoossee's Room Service :rotfl2: I'm so confused. It's only a $500 price difference to upgrade to the DxDDP. I just don't want to be running for ADRs the whole week.:eek:

Good Morning Gals (and Marvel).....

Hope everyone had a great Christmas..it was quiet around here. My family came over on Christmas Eve and they left around 9pm. Then dd, ds, ds, dd's bf, and dh and me stayed up until 3:30am playing Tripoley!!!! :eek: Does anyone else play this game....OMG its so addicting!!!!! Then we had to get up early to open presents so dd and dd's bf could be off to his house.....We lazed around all day and night..nice!:goodvibes

Today I WILL be taking down all of my Christmas stuff...It is my yearly routine...Although all the snowmen stay up until March ;)

Kel and Chan...nice pics of the family......Kel what time did you get up yesterday morning????? it was still dark in the background:scared:

Vanessa...hope you are having a GRAND time!! I cant wait to hear everything about your trip with the girls!!!
Hey where has Evie been?????

Andrea where are you??? We miss you around here! Hope you had a nice Christmas with your dd :goodvibes

Maxie..keep those spring numbers coming girl!!!!!!:yay:

Mandy...oh do I remember those days of finding all the room for all those toys..nowadays for my kids its off to spend those gift cards at Best Buy:rolleyes1

Mare...i would like that pizza recipe...sounds yummy!

WAIT!!! I forgot to say that I got a Cricut Expression for Christmas!!!!:woohoo: If you are a scrapbooker its CHOICE for doing pages!! Also, I can use it for my classroom for bulletin boards! OMG I am so excited!!!!

ttfn!!! off to cleaning!
dawn

Good Morning and Merry Christmas!!!

Marvel - What an awesome Christmas it sounds like your having. The pictures are beautiful.

Channing - Everything looks so Christmassy and Cozy, your kids are getting so big!!

Kelly - Your boys and your nephew are adorable. I like the hat that says Cabelas. Its my boys favorite store.

Christmas eve was different for us this year. We went out to eat with family ( about 20), if was weird but great. Afterwards we came back here to exchange gifts and have coffee and cake. It was so nice for me, the first time in years I enjoyed Christmas Eve.

Christmas day we went to my mom's, another big crowd, 6 courses to serve and clean up!! My mom is CRAZY!!! But we had a great time!!

I wish I could take my tree down today, but the boys went hunting and DD and I decided to stay home and play with the wii. Everyone got it last year and my kids didn't want it. This year it was on the top of the list. I REALLY like it.

Now we just have to get through New Years!!!

Here you go Dawn:

Breakfast Pizza 2008 Version
Chef Mickey’s, Contemporary Resort

Servings: 6-8

1 pre made multi grain pizza crust
½ cup of ricotta cheese
½ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
½ cup mozzarella cheese - shredded
¼ cup half & half
2 ea. Eggs – scrambled & cooled
4 ea. Strips of bacon – par cooked & chopped
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 350*. Scramble two eggs, after cooked place on a paper plate place in freezer to cool down quickly.

Once cooled place in bowl add salt, pepper and mix in half and half. Set aside.

Take the ricotta cheese add salt and pepper. Spread ricotta cheese mixture over pre made crust, sprinkle both of the cheeses over the entire pizza.

Next sprinkle the scrambled egg mixture and chopped bacon over the entire pizza.

Bake @ 350* for approx. 10 – 15 mins until cheese is melted and golden brown.

**I had to use 4 eggs, 2 was not enough. I used a Boboli Thin Crust Pizza Shell. I didn't have any mozzerella (used it all in the lasagna) and just used cheddar. It came out SO GOOD! I also didn't read the rest of the recipe while I was preparing it! :) I now see I layered it wrong! I made mine like a pizza and layered ricotta cheese, eggs, shredded bacon then cheese on top! :)

Mare More recipes...thanks...that looks yummy...I think I'll make this tomorrow for breakfast (well really lunch around here!! by the time the kids get up:rotfl: ) has ingredients everyone likes...:thumbsup2

Dawn We've never played that game must be fun if you all played it until 3:30 in the morning!!! We play Monopoly all together...some of the fun things to do once the kids get older...when you can actually play a game and not just let them win cause they're little...;)

Annette OMG 6 courses!!! I bet you guys are still stuffed...

Looks like we're almost at the 250 pages again...how did that happen so fast...:upsidedow lots of chatting around here...:)

Off to do some errands...pick up some risotto ingredients.. TTYL:flower3:

BS...omg its so fun...its 3 games in one hearts, poker and rummy!!!! you can buy the mat at Target..I bet your boys would like it!

Off to do some errands...pick up some risotto ingredients.. TTYL:flower3:

If you're making the Le Cellier Risotto, I need to know how it comes out. I'm making it for New Years Eve and we're going to have company so it has to be good!! :rotfl2:

Okay, so I just booked CRT for Dinner on my birthday. We've never had any meal other than breakfast in the castle. The show the mice and Fairy Godmother put on sounds cute, I think my boys will like it.

I have until March to really decide if I want to do the DxDDP or stay with the basic. Decisions, decisions, ....:confused3

DH really likes the idea of a few nights of room service for dinner..., :rotfl:

Annette: We've had the Wii for almost a year, got it for DH on his birthday. My DS4 loves it. Santa brought him a Diego game and it's so cute watching him play. He has to climb up latters, swim, jump over rivers, etc.... Poor kid gets so tired after playing :rotfl2: Never did get my Wii Fit I asked Santa for, maybe it will come for V-Day? Oh, DS4 got that Smart Bike from my SIL. It's an exercise bike/computer game. I swear, he's going to fade away. These toys are for obese children, my son is so slim! :rotfl: He pedals that thing like crazy, must ride for miles!! :rotfl2: :laughing: :rotfl:

Afternoon, all!!

Sounds like everybody had a nice Christmas.:goodvibes

It's like the post vacation doldrums today. :guilty: I would take my tree down today, too, if I could....well - I'd have DH to it.;) It's totally a fire hazzard. We always have great intentions of watering it....but then we slowly start to forget and that thing is super dry right about now. Our routine is to do it on New Years Day....so there is sits until next week.

Dawn!
We used to play Tripoly all the time too. Our new thing is Apples to Apples, which is pretty funny.

Well....I am in the bored blahs. :upsidedow Nothing exciting. I was trying to do some online shopping and it seems EVERYBODY is...the sites are soooo SLOOWWWWWWWwwwwww....I can't even get on Gap.

TTYL,
Channing

Afternoon Gals :)

My tree and all my other Christmas stuff is down and put away :thumbsup2. Now I don't know if I have the energy to clean :rotfl: :rotfl:.....that may have to wait until tomorrow :confused:. I'm ready for SPRING :flower3:.

Mare......Glad your breakfast pizza turned out good :goodvibes. I really wasn't in the mood to take the tree and everything down but since Christmas is officially over, I'm kinda tired of looking at it since we've had everything up since the weekend before Thanksgiving :rolleyes:. But now it's all done so I can relax :upsidedow.

Annette......My dad is the same way about food......he's Greek and Greeks can NEVER run out of food and he ALWAYS has my mom make way more than we need....especially over the holidays :rotfl: :rotfl:. Yesterday my mom had THREE stuffed chickens, a roast, and ham :scared1:. And those were only the main items......she also had mashed potatoes, corn, bread, Feta cheese, Pastistio (I know I butchered the spelling.....it's a Greek dish :rolleyes1), and desserts galore!!!!!!!! Needless to say nobody went away hungry :rotfl2: :rotfl2:.

Dawn......We've never played Tripoly but it sounds like a fun game :goodvibes. I never played Wii either until yesterday. My mom and dad bought it for the grandkids to keep at their house so the kids have something to do when they go over there ;). My two have PS2 and XBox 360 with XBox Live so Wii was never really a "want" for them :confused3. But it is a neat system :goodvibes.

Chan......Good luck with your online shopping :). I hope you find some great deals :thumbsup2.

Enjoy your day everyone :flower3:

Deb :cool2:

Hi Gals!

Got all the ingredients to make that yummy Le Cellier Risotto and DH decided he'd like to go out to dinner tonight...:) I never turn down a dinner out!! So I'll be making that for tomorrow nights dinner...

Mare I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out..

Channing What is Apples to Apples?? I'm not familiar with that game... I guess I'll be picking up two new games when I venture to Target this week....

Dawn Tripoly sounds like fun...looking foward to playing this with the kids...

Another game we like to all play is Boggle...lots of fun...:)

Deb Cant believe you are done...decorations away and all:worship: It takes us a few days to put it all away...:confused3

Well since I dont have to cook I think I'll go relax...:cloud9:

Have a good night everyone:flower3:

Well, it's SOOO quite here. DS1 is napping. DH and DS4 just left for the circus. Peace at last! :goodvibes Just me and a box of Godiva chocolates :yay: I ask for a Wii Fit and Santa brings me chocolates! Like I really need chocolates. I told him, a small 4 pc truffle box would have been fine, not a whole pound!! :rotfl2:

Deb: I've been looking at this xmas tree just as long as you have. I think Monday I'm going to take it down. Tomorrow we're off to the country house so Monday sounds good. I just don't feel like doing anything today.

I've spent the whole day in my new xmas pjs. DH and DS4 will probably stuff themselves silly with hotdogs and popcorn, so no need to make dinner this evening. DS1 and I can eat the leftover lasagna.

Off to see if there's any thing good on tv.

TTYL,
Mare

PS: Anyone know what Costco's return policy is? I received a serving set from there that I really don't need and no one will ever know I no longer have it :)

Wow, I have a few returns I'm just not up to going to the stores. DH bought me a Kabuki brush from Mac that I cannot see keeping. It's WAY overpriced! Thankfully, he gives receipts will all gifts (actual receipts not gift receipts) I'm thinking of returning it and putting the money on a Disney Gift card to use at the GF Spa (I made sure that they accepted them!)

Evening All.......

I ended up getting a burst of energy and got my cleaning done......so tomorrow will now be a "do nothing" day instead of a cleaning day :thumbsup2. But boy am I wiped out :faint:. For some reason today seemed like Saturday:confused3.....I'm so off track on my days anymore as one runs right into the next :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Mare.....Have a good time at the country house :). You could rest up before taking down all your holiday decor on Monday ;).

BlueSkies.....I can hardly believe I got everything down today :eek:. But once I got started I was like a whirlwind and before I knew it everything was down and put away :rolleyes:. My mom laughed at me today when I told her everything was done.....she leaves hers up until a week or so after New Years.......but I'd never be able to take looking at it that long :rotfl2:. I hope you had a nice dinner out tonight :).

Deb :flower3:

Hi everyone~

Well it is over! :rotfl: I am glad the holiday is done! I am still soooo sick! My cough is so bad that I waited 2.5 hours at the walk in center with my children today! :scared1: They were perfect! DD had her DS and DS had his new Leapster 2! Perfect! I have a severe bronchial infection with a sinus infection! :rotfl2: I guess I should have gone sooner! :rolleyes1 I will be on antibiotics for 14 days....:sad2:

Chan I love the pictures! They are great! What a nice family memory you will have of that! :rotfl:

We do a $75 Yankee Swap in my family instead of buying gifts for each other we do this every year! How we do it is that number 1 is the best and 2 is the worst. Well I was number 1! :yay: Bad thing is all the gifts were crap! :rotfl: I came home with the gift I brought (his and hers Lacoste bags) and my DH came home with a case of tomatos and a huge thing of great EVOO! Whatevah.....I say every year I am not doing it again but every year I buy a gift for it! :rolleyes1

I am glad peeps had a good day.....Kel Brady is adorable! I wonder where on Earth you ever found a great store like Janie and Jack???:rolleyes1

Hi all....

Santa brought a sweet treat today...a GF tee-shirt (in pink my favorite color) and some basin soap and GF bath and body!!!!!! WOW!!! What a suprise! Thanks Santa!!!:thumbsup2

Hey everyone. Sounds like Christmas was good for everybody. It is such a busy day. We are out of our house by 9 to my parents, rush back in @ 3, unload - reload then head off to DH's family. We got home at 11 last night. It was fun but tiring.

Channing, we played Apples to Apples at DH's family too. I made your spinach squares at DH's sisters last night. His sister asked me if I got the recipe from the Kraft foods website. I told her NO, I got it from my friend Channing on the Disboards. You should have seen the look of confusion that I got. My DH cracked a smile at me, then I had to explain what the Disboards were. Anyway, everyone loved your recipe - thank you. :worship: It was a great hit!

Dawn-how cool to get the cricut expressions, it looks like a lot of fun. You will be cutting all kinds of things out now.

I picked up the ingredients for the risotto today while I was out. I'm making it tomorrow for dinner and I can't wait. Mare, my DH is going to love it, I'm sure. We'll I better get going, I went shopping this morning, it is always a tradition with my mom - don't we always need more tissue paper and tape for next year? I did get a few good deals on pretty Christmas dishes and serving plates that I'm going to give as birthday presents to family next year. I got a deviled egg tray that is in the shape of a stocking - it is so cute and was only $6, my s-i-l is going to love it.

One funny thing - I got DH's sister the first season of the Walton's (she asked for it), well her sister got it for her too. I started laughing - of all things to get duplicates of - The Waltons, I ordered it online, I just pulled out the receipt to see how I send this back. Have a good evening everyone - Lisa.

Hi, all!:goodvibes

Just a quck check in.....I have been doing other stuff today...just busy and lazy all at once.:rotfl: I am happy to have my family home.....but I miss my Mon-Friday peace.:rotfl: ....how much longer til I get that? :rolleyes1

Siobhan!! I am glad you went to the doctor. TOLD YA SO! Sorry you have to have the meds...but by Sunday hopefully you'll be feeling better. That is terrible!!! You must have been really suffering with that. :hug:

Lisa,
It sounds like you had a crazy busy Christmas. I am glad the recipe worked out for you. oh...I don't even go "disboards" with my family. They'd look at me like I have two heads:eek: ......I used to LOVE watching the Waltons with my Grandma. That really brought back memories.....its not something I watch/think about anymore....but we used to always together. :)

LOL....something I watched today that I LOVE....the old Andy Hardy movies!!:rotfl: :rotfl: Anybody else or am I totally crazy? The last time I saw any on TV was last Xmas.:rotfl2: I love those oldies. Watched "A Bridge Grows in Brooklyn" with Lucy yesterday...OMG I love that movie. Love the book.

Hello to everybody....and talk to ya all later. :)

Channing

Evening Gals!

Lisa I am going to make that risotto tomorrow too...lets hope it turns out well!!

Mare Love that new Louis V avatar...:thumbsup2 I think returning something you dont really need for a gift card to use at the GF spa is definitely a great idea....just going to the spa is a great idea...:rotfl:

I guess I am out of the loop with the new games...didnt know what Apple to Apple was or Tripoli...:confused3 You GF gals are in the know!!!;)

Siobhan Sorry that you are so sick...at least now you've gotten some meds and will be on the road to recovery...:)

Deb We did have a nice dinner out...thanks:goodvibes Looks like I'll be taking my decorations down at the same time as your mom....I figure they just need to be put away beofre I start to put out the valentine decorations!!:rotfl:

Has anybody been reading about the online resort check in...I'm curious to see how its works out for people...:confused3 Its an interesting concept... I think...???

Channing We were kind of posting at the same time...:rotfl: We love old movies around here too...I recently introduced DD to the old Audrey Hepburn movies...she loved Breakfast at Tiffanys...me too...havent seen any Andy Hardy movies in ages...

Isnt it nice to watch the oldies with our children and see a whole new generation love the same movies that we did and in some cases our parents did too...:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter