Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

Is the Aquarium worth the price of admission, any museums worth visiting? Any absolute must do's on Victoria's Day? Best places to eat that aren't too expensive? We are 2 adults, planned on doing a lot of walking around downtown and exploring.
Aquarium is nice, a big family attraction. Has sea lions, penguins, seals, otters, sloths, one sea turtle and one dolphin. Vancouver Aquarium no longer has any whales. You may recognize some of the exhibits because it is a popular filming location.

The UBC Museum of Anthropology is really good. Depending on which show is currently on the Vancouver Art Gallery can also be nice and its right downtown.

Victoria Day is more a statutory day off as opposed to a true celebration so can't think of anything particular going on, other than locals getting outside to enjoy the hopefully nice weather.

Areas to explore: Coal Harbour (Canada Place and stretches west to Stanley Park, and is bordered by Burrard Inlet to the north, West Georgia Street to the south... wander around Canada Place, along the Seawall and through the park). Granville Island (touristy, but still interesting: theatres and craft studios with a public market). Commercial Drive (aka the Drive; Little Italy, eclectic restaurants, music and bars, coffee houses, etc.). Also: Yaletown, Chinatown, Gastown, Davie Village, Mount Pleasant.

a LOT of filming happens in Vancouver so if you're interested in that you can check out what's filming or do a movie/show location 'tour' (tons of different itineraries and maps online).

As for best places to eat.... I'd say that really depends on what area you are in and what type of food you're looking for. Vancouver is particularly known for 2 things: seafood and asian cuisine (sushi, hot pot, thai, pho, ramen, dim sum, korean bbq, etc). There's a decent selection of food trucks in Vancouver as well. As for unique or interesting places, some of my favourites are: the Eatery (weird decor, crazy sushi), the Shameful Tiki Room (if you're not Tiki'd out after the cruise), and Stormcrow (2 locations of nerd heaven, the Tavern and the Alehouse).

For those looking to take photos: I would say the most instagrammable spots or recognizable Vancouver landmarks are: the Digital Orca, Canada Place, sea wall (especially Siwash Rock), Stanley park (especially the totem poles), Capilano suspension bridge, Vancouver Public Library, the Lions Gate bridge, Gastown steam clock, Davie Street rainbow crosswalk, the Inukshuk, the Olympic cauldron, Science World, Vancouver Art Gallery, Dude Chilling Park, Vancouver House Tower, the East Van cross, and the Chinatown Millennium Gate.

Thank you for all the information it is a wealth of help!! I really need to nail down my plans and this is very helpful!!

Do we know who the captain, cruise director, etc are for our cruise? Wondering if it's anyone we've sailed with before. I talked to some of the Wonder crew in Feb of last year but I cannot recall what they said now if they knew. I do know my servers said they could predict they would likely be on board due to the timing.

Captain Henry on the Wonder recently told me that Captain Andy will be taking the Wonder to Hawaii.

I wish this virus would go away. My family is surprised we are still going. It is 2 months away but seeing that one cruise ship coming from Hawaii is freaking me out a bit .

How is everyone else feeling ?

Enjoy the Flower & Garden Festival it’s so much fun and so lovely - hope you have nice weather and low crowds!!

It will be interesting to see if there will be an outbreak in Hawaii. The next 2 weeks will give us an answer. If there is an outbreak in Hawaii I don’t think we will be going. I would hope Disney will make accommodations for anyone involved, time will tell. Let’s hope and pray we all will travel safely. 🤞

We are through Costco and haven’t heard from them yet. I believe we will still be going too. Time will tell though.

I’m not good with links .

DCL deal if you are sailing from now until May 31st they will let you move your cruise to another up to 12 months. Not sure what happens if your credit is more than your next cruise if it isn’t the same price. I think they said your OBC will follow you so you don’t lose that.

You have up to your embankment day to cancel . They are doing temperature checks now before you can board ,if you have fever you won’t be able to board and you won’t get the deal I think but not clear yet to me if you get this deal mentioned.

Some people have already told , we have not yet, like I said we are through Costco so I think it has to come from your TA.

I work in the travel industry. I received the notification at work but not as a guest yet. Cruise lines will often notify TAs before the guests because it's easier to hear this stuff from a more informed source (your TA) than to panic about it on your own.

Guests sailing on cruises in March and April have received the notices already. They likely won't sent it to guests for our sailing for a while yet, to reduce panic.

I'm ready for spring so this flu season can end. Like many here, we'll be going on this trip as long as we are cleared to go.

I finally figured out our Family FE gifts last night. I'm stoked to start putting them together. Don't expect anything super fancy, as my craftiness is limited to following instructions, not my imagination, but I'm excited for this one.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter