Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

Well they now have it in Hawaii knew it would happen eventually. Came via cruise they think.
I’m still all in - even if cruise is cancelled I’m in for Aulani unless airlines stop flying highly unlikely but you never know !!
I’m staying positive !!! Who is with me ??

It’s my understanding that the President (of the US) will be meeting with all of the CEO’s in the Cruise industry tomorrow. So we will see.
We have another Cruise booked on Regent this year and have already received a notification of their rebooking of cruises this year. It’s cancellation one month in advance, you can move your monies forward to another cruise within a 12 month window. We REALLY want this Cruise to go forward and smoothly. 🤞

It’s my understanding that the President (of the US) will be meeting with all of the CEO’s in the Cruise industry tomorrow. So we will see.
We have another Cruise booked on Regent this year and have already received a notification of their rebooking of cruises this year. It’s cancellation one month in advance, you can move your monies forward to another cruise within a 12 month window. We REALLY want this Cruise to go forward and smoothly. 🤞
But we can’t move it forward to Hawaii. 😥 I don’t like to fly in small airplanes so this was my opportunity to see other Hawaiian Islands. I have remained positive until I saw that possible scenario of no cruises for 60 days.

Let’s keep the faith ! I find it hard to believe he would kill the travel industry and throw so many businesses into bankruptcy by doing such a thing - the snowball impact is mind boggling ! Cruises , airlines , hotels, restaurants, staff , purveyors , the list goes on and on . People need to practice good hygiene - I believe this has been here longer than they think and the media is making matters much worse . This is my opinion - yes this is a nasty virus but so is the flu - the news does not report the number of deaths from flu every chance they get nor how many people on cruises have flu ! Nor does the government think about shutting down the travel industry over the flu. Let’s all take a breath and think positive while we wish everyone well and hope and pray this comes under control and healthcare workers are able to deal with this . I’m still remaining positive !! Wishing everyone well!! 👍❤️

Much of our local economy is based on tourism, including cruises. It’s a very hot topic here right now. The Grand Princess was scheduled to be the first ship of the season... but who knows what will happen now. Our Provincial government just declared cruises unsafe right now, though I wonder if any real thought was put behind that statement, especially with the economic impact the industry holds here.

I have read reports and blogs from various microbiologists. None of them are afraid of this virus, but they are afraid of people spreading fear and irrational actions. COVID-19 will be everywhere soon, there is no doubt of that, much like hundreds of other contagious illnesses. They universally want to see travel continued, some saying cruises are safe due to disease controls and cleaning already in place, and to shift focus on good hygiene practices and stopping the habit/expectation of people going into work or school whilst ill.

Norovirus is still more likely on cruises, and passengers are ill with a myriad of conditions when they board. Staying home from work is one thing, but people will pretty much travel as long as they aren’t in hospital since travel plans cannot be easily changed.

I pray this cruise will go on as scheduled. I just bought non-returnable FE gift supplies, so it has to. 🤪 Hear that, Disney?

And I can confidently say my paycheque for the next three months will be 80-90% less than expected. As a travel professional, and the number of cancellations people are making (even those travelling in December), I may have to get another job really soon. We likely won’t be able to afford everything we want to do in Hawaii now, either. At least the airfare, Aulani, car rentals, and cruise are paid in full already.

I really can't see the cruise industry stopping for 6 months. Either way we will be going to Hawaii and if for some reason this cruise gets cancelled we will most likely look to go to Europe this summer while there are deals to be had.

I’m so sorry about your job - panic seems to be widespread
If travel bans are put in place people will be losing more than a cruise or airfare - a lot will lose their house! Not everyone will get paid not everyone can keep their job and most can’t afford not working and not having health insurance . Doesn’t take much to tip the boat in this country - one minute you think your ok and the next oh crap. Most of it is out of your hands .
if the cruise is cancelled I hope I can still fly as I hope I can still go to Hawaii - I may not have a job when I come back but I will enjoy my trip and look for a new job.

Well thank God looks like right now they are NOT shutting down cruises - more testing getting on while your on and when you leave if you can as long as no one else is sick! Everyone start taking your vitamins washing your hands eating right etc !! God forbid your allergies act up!!

We got our letter last night from Disney for our cruise. Direct from Disney, not the TA. It's nice to know there's an ability to back out if things get worse. But I'm in for it. My trip to Rome in less than 2 weeks had its flights cancelled a couple days ago and with everything we hear getting shut down there, we pulled the plug. So I really need Hawaii to work - I need a vacation! :)

We got our letter last night from Disney for our cruise. Direct from Disney, not the TA. It's nice to know there's an ability to back out if things get worse. But I'm in for it. My trip to Rome in less than 2 weeks had its flights cancelled a couple days ago and with everything we hear getting shut down there, we pulled the plug. So I really need Hawaii to work - I need a vacation! :)
We got our letter yesterday too. If we have to rebook it just won’t be the same as Hawaii. We do have 2 weeks before the cruise booked there maybe we will have to do just that part but I really was looking forward to the cruise part and the sea days.

Still 2 months to see what happens crossing my fingers.

If we have to rebook it just won’t be the same as Hawaii.
I agree. I was thinking about that. This is one of the peak cruises in the next 12 months. What in the world would we move it to? I've done Panama Canal 3 times already. I don't really want to do a transatlantic again...

I received my letter also I would love to go Panama and enjoyed my TA and would love to do Fjords with Iceland or Russia but I really want Hawaii - as I already rented points I wish to go to Aulani so if for whatever reason I have to move the cruise I am not sure what I would do!
I am concerned that both Canada and Hawaii do not wish to have cruise ships - that could really be a problem for us but it is out of our hands at this point. I’m going to keep positive thoughts and keep faith that this will all work out for the better for everyone !!

Either way we will be going to Hawaii. We have 6 nights on Maui paid for and 3 nights at Aulani with rented points. If something happens and the cruise doesn't happen we will extend our stay a few nights and stay in Waikiki prior to flying home.

Reactions: NAB
My plans are to go to Aulani if the cruise is cancelled assuming I can still fly. Fingers crossed it does not come to this !

Reactions: NAB
If boarding a ship with a travel advisory in place against cruising voids our insurance, we won’t be sailing. With a life-threatening medical condition, we cannot risk not having insurance coverage on the ship in the middle of the ocean. But, we will extend our stay at Aulani and/or on Kauai if that’s the case. Insurance companies are trying to figure that out right now... and then we aren’t sure when we will have to make the call. I truly hate being in this situation. I remain optimistic, though today isn’t my best day to show it.

It’s really not looking good right now I’m still remaining positive thus will improve ! But I can’t go with an official state warning and keep my job. Yesterday was very trying for me but I’m keeping the faith !! Let’s all take a big breath and send out positive thoughts for this to go away !! No negative thinking !!!! (I know it’s hard )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter