Hello fellow Canadians

petrogal

Earning My Ears
I just wanted to say hi to everyone since this is my first post.... ever!
I lurk and have been here for a couple of months. Hopefully I will be
able to add my two cents worth and look forward to meeting everyone.
:D

HI from Nova Scotia...lots of info here if you are planning a trip, or like me...a little sad that you don't have a trip in the works! Hows life up north?

<marquee>W E L C O M E ! !</marquee>

Enjoy the site!

Welcome to the DIS, petrogal, and especially to the Canadian Board. :)

All the way from the Yukon, that's very cool!! :)

Hi!

Debbie, I love your signature image. So cool!

Does it count if I'm a wannabe Canadian?

For those of you who have seen me post here before, I have an up-date on my and my sister's situation...
Apparently, there are still plenty of jobs going in BC and Margaret and I have already passed the necessary medical licensure exam to get there. Only thing is, while Margaret has the medical job experience, I am still lacking a couple of specialities, so it will take me a while to get there. Still, we thought we had another couple of exams to go BEFORE getting out there so we were pleasantly surprised.

What I'm wondering is how well / easily we'd make friends with folks if we did emigrate? We'd be hoping at the moment to go to Fraser Valley region. Basically we need to go to an underserviced area - that can be fairly close to Vancouver, but not within it (obviously).

Anyway, I had to break the good news. I'm finding it pretty tough at the moment with work here as I'm just back from WDW and I don't really like the senior staff I work with here. I'm finding the hours really take a lot out of me and the thought of another two years of this (and the UK for that matter) are really killing me. No, really it makes me feel down.

Welcome, petrogal, the DIS is a great place, and I'm sure you'll really get some useful info here as well as make some friends!

Hey, if any of you want to PM us we'd love to have some regular Canadian DISboard friends...

John :bounce:

Everything is great in the Yukon, a balmy +6! DH, DS and I are hoping to go to WDW this year. We have been to WDW 3 times and DL twice. DH has been to WDW before we were married alot since he use to live in Ontario. We are going to be DVC owners soon so I can't wait to go back!:bounce:

Hi Petrogal! Welcome! :p

Hi John! Haven't seen you here before, but I thought I'd say hello!A good friend of mine just finished med school and is now a resident in a Vancouver hospital :) I'm hoping to get out there to visit him some day but the tickets are almost as expensive as tickets to Orlando ;) *lol* I think British Columbia is great! There are couple of DIS'ers in BC, maybe they can give you some advice.

Hi Petrogal, welcome to the Canadian DISboards! :) How do you like living in the Yukon?

Welcome too, John! :) My sister lives out in BC. She started out in Vancouver and now lives on the island. I love going out to visit her, it's so beautiful.

Petrogal--WELCOME TO THE DIS!!-- That will be fantasitic to be DVC owners..which resort will be your home resort?
Grover in Winnipeg
:)

Grover, we're hoping for BWV if we buy a resale. IMHO the Yukon is the best place to live but so expensive if you want to travel to Florida. I have one question that has really been bugging me: What is a tag fairy?:confused:

Welcome petrogirl. My dh & I took a cruise up to alaska and then took a 4 X 4 excursion with a private company out of Skagway. We went just into the Yukon. My dh would love to go back and just explore the Yukon. It was really a beautiful place.
tigercat
Look under my tag name and you will see my tag that I got from the tag fairies.

The Tag Fairy is a most wonderful being. They have the ability to place "coloured tags" below your name. You never know where or when they will bless their unsuspecting victims. They brighten your day and make you feel absolutely "magical".

Thank you for the filling me in about Tag Fairies, it makes total sense now!:D
tigercat, if you were in Skagway and went to the Yukon, you obviously went to Whitehorse, that's were I live. I bet the cruise was awesome! We were in Vancouver one time and we thought well since were here and have a week to kill maybe we could get a great a deal going somewhere on the spur of the moment. We had Disneyland in mind so we went to a TA and she said we have great deals on cruises. Great! Maybe Mexico, Carribbean? Nope... to Alaska! We said thanks but no thanks we just came from there and we can go there ANYTIME!:D

Welcome!Always nice to meet a new Canadian member.:D

GO LEAFS GO!

I don't know if you are the only one from N.S. but Bizzibee's dh's family is all out there. I don't think that counts though because most of them don't even have computers and the others are not in to Disney as far as I know.
tigercat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter