Hello NYCers! Where to eat in Chinatown?

MassMom

Mouseketeer
Planning a family trip to NYC this summer - any recommendations for a good place for a meal in Chinatown?

Wo Hop on 17 Mott Street (212-962-8617). It is pretty well known as a great chinese food place. It's not very fancy but very good! Go to the downstairs one.

Depends on what you like to eat, and how adventurous you are. The more willing you're, the better rewards you'll get. I promise.

Here is a list of places that are somewhat less intimidating and very authentic -
For Dim Sum : Sweet & Tart. 20 Mott St and 76 Mott. 20 Mott is slightly bigger.

Shanghai dumplings : Joe's Shanghai , 9 Pell St.

Noodle Soup : Big Wong 67 Mott. This place may scare you a bit, but their roast duck, congee and noodles are the best.

Everything : XO Kitchen. 148 Hester Street. This place has it all. Japanese snacks, Korean, dim sum, noodle.... etc.

And try bubble tea takeout at Ten Ren (also on Mott Street). Bubble tea is pretty much sweet ice tea, shake up, with topioca in the bottom. It's great!

My advice - order what others are eating. Point and ask your neighbor if necessary. Most don't take credit card, so have cash ready.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much - DIS rocks! I had been lingering at the travel books section trying to find a recommendation when DH said, "Just post a question to your Disney friends" and voila!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter