• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help changing reservation date for two people

omarSD

Earning My Ears
Hello DISNEY friends,

I currently have a dilemma regarding theme park reservations. I have three (1 park per day) theme park reservations for Wednesday 12/15 (DCA), Thursday 12/16 (Disneyland), and Friday 12/17 (DCA).

I made a mistake and booked DCA for Friday 12/17 when the rest of my family booked Disneyland for that date. I am looking to try and switch theme park reservations from DCA to Disneyland but the date is not available when I look it up online. It's only two reservations I need the change for.

I am hesitant to cancel my DCA reservation because I see many dates are non-reservable at the moment and am afraid to not be able to even get into any of the parks. If any of you can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Hello DISNEY friends,

I currently have a dilemma regarding theme park reservations. I have three (1 park per day) theme park reservations for Wednesday 12/15 (DCA), Thursday 12/16 (Disneyland), and Friday 12/17 (DCA).

I made a mistake and booked DCA for Friday 12/17 when the rest of my family booked Disneyland for that date. I am looking to try and switch theme park reservations from DCA to Disneyland but the date is not available when I look it up online. It's only two reservations I need the change for.

I am hesitant to cancel my DCA reservation because I see many dates are non-reservable at the moment and am afraid to not be able to even get into any of the parks. If any of you can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!
Are you staying at one of the Disney hotels?
It looks like the hotel bucket of available reservations is open for the 17th

I have NO experience with changing tickets. I have seen many say they have been able to pick up a reservation by checking often. They say many people cancel the day/evening before, which opens a reservation at the last minute. Plus there are app's you can sign up for to notify you when dates open up.

Good luck

Unfortunately I am not staying at a Disney Hotel.
Thank you, I will keep checking. What is the name of some of the apps?

also, do people trade reservations? For example if two people wanted to go into DCA that day but had reservations for Disneyland?

Are you staying at one of the Disney hotels?
It looks like the hotel bucket of available reservations is open for the 17th

I have NO experience with changing tickets. I have seen many say they have been able to pick up a reservation by checking often. They say many people cancel the day/evening before, which opens a reservation at the last minute. Plus there are app's you can sign up for to notify you when dates open up.

Good luck

also, do people trade reservations? For example if two people wanted to go into DCA that day but had reservations for Disneyland?

In theory I supposed you could do this but you would have to tightly coordinate one person cancelling their reservations and the other being ready to grab them as soon as they show up. You cannot just "give" the reservation to someone else or swap it since the reservation is tied to the ticket media it was booked under.

But just keep checking. Reservations come and go frequently- if you are able, just leave a tab open on your phone or browser and check periodically throughout the day. I needed to swap some reservations for the first weekend of Dec when they were showing sold out and it only took a day or so of checking before an opening popped up.

Keep checking and if it comes down to it, check with guest services when you get there. I had wanted to change a park reservation at WDW because we decided we didn't want to go back to HS - we had booked two to make sure to get Rise. They were able to help me switch to AK despite there being no availability. For a one-off thing for one person like this, I would bet that they can help you out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter