Help me decide

pclvnmcky88

Mouseketeer
I am running the WDW Half in January and want to get my first C2C medal in 2016. Should I run the Tinkerbell or the Disneyland to finish it off?

Thanks!

I think it depends on whether you want the pink or the blue medal...though i'm not exactly sure.

You'll get a blue medal regardless. Pink is only for Princess + Tink. Beyond that, I haven't been to either so I can't really speak to which would be better.

Tink Pros:
- most in park time mile wise
- women centric - lots of fairies and pretty run merch

Tink Cons:
- during mother's day weekend (can be a pro if you want to make it a mother's day trip, but no 3 day weekend like DLH)

Disneyland Pros:
- run through Angel's Stadium (pro if you want the experience of running through Angel's Stadium)
- during labor day weekend - 3 day weekend (can be a pro if get Mon off and you can recover)

Disneyland Cons:
- it is HOT during this time of year

I would also look at the medals to see which one you like better. I'm training for the Disneyland Half and it's been pretty miserable because it's quite warm during the summer months.

I also forgot to mention that next year is an anniversary year for Tink. This means they'll be a special medal to commemorate the 5th anniversary of Tinker Bell Half.

Did WDW weekend this year and have upcoming DL half weekend in September. We picked the DL half weekend because it was a big anniversary event this year.
Can give you a better answer in about a month after we actually complete the C2C!!

Training for Tink was way nicer weather-wise than for DL. I am only doing the 10k for DL right now (I did PDC for Tink), and I am so profoundly grateful that I am not doing the half. It has been crazy hot here in Orange County, CA this summer.

Just got my C2C from DL Half. It was a very nice race, love running through Angel Stadium! It was hot but not unbearable for this New England girl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter