Help Me Pack! Yikes!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi, 10 weeks to go! YIPPY! It's cold and snowy up here in Canada, so getting out the shorts and t's is fun! I'll let the kids try on their summer clothes in about 6 weeks (they are growing too much to start now.) dd is 8 and ds is 2.

We went last April and I packed too much ~ clothes really. I packed one outfit a day for the baby figured he's need all the them, used half. dd and I packed just less than one outift a day, had lots of clean clothes left. I did laundry mid week just in case we needed more clean clothes, didn't.

We are going for 10 nights / 11 days. Here is the plan, how does it sound? We will be wearing one warm outfit and jackets on the plane.

ds (2 years old)
5 shorts
7 t-shrits
bathing suit
2 long pants
2 long sleve shirts
diapers
3 PJ's

dd (8 years old)
1 pretty dress (last year I bought 3 dresses each for dd and myself! TOO MANY)
4 shorts
5 t's
1 long pants
2 long sleve shirts
2 PJ's
bathing suit (brought two bathing suits each last year, only wore one!)

ME
packing just like dd

dh packs his own.

I'll bring a small first aid kit, toiletries that Disney doesn't give.

If room, I'd like to pack a toaster. What do you think? What as I missing?

A toaster!:eek: That makes me glad it's only DH and I traveling! ;)
But I have to admit I was VERY tempted to pack my electric tea kettle for ASMo, but didn't. :D
You can use a laundry facility too. Pack some detergent tabs and fabric softner sheets. The ASMo laundry was packed and not worth the trouble. But your resort should be fine.
Take less clothes than what you think you need, since you over packed before. You can either buy more ;) if you need them or do a couple of loads.
Even with just DH and I, I do a few loads one night. I did use the laundry facility at CSR Casitas 4 section January '01.

I used to pack to much too. On our last trip I packed enough clothes for each person to last 4 days and did laundry in the middle of our stay one morning while we hung out at the pool. If you are stopping at a store prior to your resort I would by a cheap toaster($10) and also for about the same a hot pot (which bowls about 3cups of water in5 minutes or less), and just leave them. We did and we could make instant oatmeal, toast instant coffee. we also had a fridge put in our room and bought prior to checkin pbutter jelly coldcuts bread milk etc. we ate breakfast in the room most mornings packed lunch,snacks and had a great dinner almost everynight of our stay with the money we saved.:wave:

Hi Sandra:

How about a light jacket or cardigan for those air conditioned places that are too cool. Don't forget socks (I have read to wear two thin ones to prevent blisters, as well spray antiperspirant for feet, don't know if it works) good sneakers, underclothing, I always pack extra, coverup for bathing suit, (you might not need one, but I do 20 lbs overweight LOL). Rain poncho? I am in the same boat we are heading out in april so your list will help me to pack too.

Deb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter