Help me pick my holiday

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
hey

We are currently saving for a trip. We are from the Uk and will be me and my partner early 30s and a one year old

We are really stuck in what to decide between

- 14 night probably CBR with dinning plan or 4/5 in Miami or coco beach and then a 7 night cruise on royal Caribbean or Disney depending on price. But probably royal

We have only went to Disney ourself upto now and we are wondering if 14 nights is just to much with a baby. I no magic kingdom is the main park for baby rides etc but will there be enough for all that time and as adults will we get fed up of all the baby rides as we will miss the thrill rides together. We were planning in doing baby sitting a few nights but that's starting to make it even more costly

Anyway what would you do and what's your advice

Thanks in advance for any help

IMHO, 14 nights at WDW with a one year old is a lot. I would probably do the land/sea option, however, why not do 4/5 nights WDW followed by the cruise? I would much prefer strolling around WDW with a baby for 4 or 5 days than having to watch a baby at a beach.

Am thinking the tickets etc would make it over our budget if we done it that way

We have only went to Disney ourself upto now and we are wondering if 14 nights is just to much with a baby. I no magic kingdom is the main park for baby rides etc but will there be enough for all that time and as adults will we get fed up of all the baby rides as we will miss the thrill rides together. We were planning in doing baby sitting a few nights but that's starting to make it even more costly

Anyway what would you do and what's your advice
I would vote for the 14 day WDW stay. You are not limited only to baby rides unless you don't take advantage of the "baby" swap option. This option allows you both to experience any of the thrill rides just not at the exactly the same time.

Coming from the UK you get great rates on 14 day tickets at WDW. This will allow you to enjoy all the parks with a slight learning curve as parents of a little one without boring you out of your minds.

Dave

@Garyjames220 is your baby even born yet? It is hard to know what might be best not having any idea of the baby’s temperament. And you might not want strangers babysitting a little one.
You have been talking about this for a while and I am just wondering.

@Garyjames220 is your baby even born yet? It is hard to know what might be best not having any idea of the baby’s temperament. And you might not want strangers babysitting a little one.
You have been talking about this for a while and I am just wondering.

Nope still just saving

However we have been looking at rides etc and wondering if two weeks may be to long regardless of temperament

Nope still just saving

However we have been looking at rides etc and wondering if two weeks may be to long regardless of temperament

I guess I'm a little confused as to why you would want to fly internationally with a 1-year old to go to WDW and/or Miami, Cocoa Beach and, I assume a Bahamian or Caribbean cruise? Why not go to Disneyland Paris and/or do a cruise out of Europe as a starting point in vacationing with a baby. As you mentioned, WDW for 14 days could pose issues with a child that young and, IMHO, cruising the Caribbean and going to the beach with a 1-year old isn't all that relaxing. Don't get me wrong - we took our DS to WDW for a week when he was 1, but we are also just 2 hour, no-time-zone-change flight away from Orlando. Europe has far superior beaches to what you'll find in Miami or Cocoa Beach and the Caribbean ports aren't all that great, IMHO.

IMO, flying internationally with a one year old and Disney/Cocoa Beach/cruise for two weeks would be too much. I would wait until the little one is a little older. I would also price out free dining vs. a room discount. You may find it cheaper with a room discount and meals out of pocket.

IMO, flying internationally with a one year old and Disney/Cocoa Beach/cruise for two weeks would be too much. I would wait until the little one is a little older. I would also price out free dining vs. a room discount. You may find it cheaper with a room discount and meals out of pocket.

So what would u pick out the two. Or would u do a cruise in Europe, closer to home. Is a option to, not quite as good as the Caribbean right enough lol

I get the desire to start planning, but you’re not going to know the answers to some of your most important questions until the baby’s here. For some one year olds, two weeks would be doable. For others, a weekend away from home would be a disaster.

I would not want to be a few days into an expensive two week trip thousands of miles from home and find out that my kid can’t tolerate travel yet.

I may be risk-averse, but I’m just not willing to take that much of a chance with that much of my hard earned money.

It were me, I’d start with shorter trips closer to home, try a cruise that leaves from Europe, do DLP. Get the little one used to travel. Get yourselves used to traveling with a baby.

I'd do wdw. Baby would get a routine going on a 14 night vacation in the same place. You guys probably wouldn't want to leave at
the end.

You might get more input from people who have been in your exact (or similar) situation if you posted on the UK Trip Planning Forum or maybe the UK Community Board. While lots of people with varied backgrounds post here, I'm thinking you may receive the best recommendation from other UK folks who recently started their family or have young children.

I'm from the US and a 2-week international trip is quite foreign to me (no pun intended). I honestly couldn't imagine trying to plan something like that with an infant, to say nothing of prior to the baby's arrival. I'd stick to easier, shorter, more local trips for a few years. We didn't opt to take DD to WDW until she was 5.

Enjoy your vacation!

So what would u pick out the two. Or would u do a cruise in Europe, closer to home. Is a option to, not quite as good as the Caribbean right enough lol

If I had to choose between cruising Europe and cruising the Caribbean, Europe would be my choice. We've just done the Caribbean a few times because it's a more cost effective trip from the eastern US. As I've said before, I don't think traveling internationally with a one-year old to cruise the Caribbean is the best idea. Most of the islands are still recovering from devastating hurricanes over the past few years, most of the excursions are water-based and, if you just stroll the towns, they are quite touristy. There are so many gorgeous places in Europe to visit that would not require you to fly internationally and into another time zone with an infant. Why not consider Spain or Portugal for a week and 3 or 4 nights at Disneyland Paris? As PP suggested, I would do some shorter, more local trips with your child before committing to an international trip.

But is there enough to do in wdw with a baby for two weeks ?

I would say "yes," especially if you're doing rest days/resort days/Disney Springs days in between.

Having said that, I'd opt for the cruise/Miami/Cocoa Beach option, or better yet, the WDW/cruise option suggested above.

I would join in with the majority of advice here. I would plan a trip closer to home with your new child. I would not do WDW and I would not do a Caribbean Cruise yet

I would join in with the majority of advice here. I would plan a trip closer to home with your new child. I would not do WDW and I would not do a Caribbean Cruise yet

The thing with Europe that puts us off as we have done the med cruise twice now and with royal if u want one of the big ships it's the med cruise u need to do or if I pick dcl in Europe the prices are very high

Really not as keen on the smaller ships with royal

WDW for 14 days with a baby is very doable. I had our DD now 1 first trip planned before she was born. She was 6 months old the first trip, and she is now 18 months. She has been on 5 trips to WDW, and an upcoming July and November trip. Our shortest with her was 6 nights, longest 15 nights. However, we also have DS10.... Would we really have gone this many times with just the baby...no. I do agree with a previous poster, Disney is much easier than a beach with a baby. As far as cruising....we went with DS when he was 18 months the first time.....not relaxing at all!!!! As far as time change, we have taken DD at nearly 1 to the UK and Germany. The plane ride was....eh. Myself, DH, and even DS all took turns entertaining DD.... it's definitely a JOB on s long flight. It took a couple of days to get her out of ' cranky ' stage. We also tried to keep her on ' our time' within 2 hours the whole 16 day trip.It did help to be visiting family in the UK so we weren't in a hotel room for a week of the trip.
In my opinion, if you and partner want to take a trip, plan it. Hope baby will be go with the flow type, our DD is not a go with the flow....but after putting life on hold with DS, I was adamant that I wouldn't do the same with DD. Are holidays a struggle with DD1? Heck yeah.....but, it can still be done. To me, if this is a trip you won't be able to take again for a while( you mentioned saving for it.) I might think of waiting a few years. If this is a trip you can afford to go on again soon, go for it! Have a great time with your family,!

Honestly and this is just me, I wouldn't go on a vacation like this with a baby. lol BUT if I had to I would pick the 14 days at CBR or wherever. (at least a moderate, for that length of time) I would request a quiet area. I would buy a portable rocking chair, for those nights that the baby got too much air or sun and was fussy in the evening. I would order me up a really good stroller and a baby carrier and I would plan for a mostly sight seeing trip. I would get the water park pass and lazy river it up everyday lol

Or you could hold onto that cash. Wait until they are four and stay on the monorail! Or not, whatever, what do I know? lol

But is there enough to do in wdw with a baby for two weeks ?

Absolutely. Nap time in the afternoon? Awesome time for you and your spouse to get a coffee and bring it back to the room or make one in the room. Or get a cold drink in your refilable mugs and bring it back to the room and read a bit. Mornings at the parks and after nap time head to the pool or vice versa. Head back out to a park in the evening and ride a few rides or catch a show or go get a cocktail somewhere with baby. The key with young kids is to be flexible and take breaks. Take lots of photos. Bring small toys, crayons, paper... so fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter