Help needed adding extended family to MDE

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
I like to think of myself as a seasoned Disney pro, but My Disney Experience is killing me... I'm utterly confused over how to add members of my extended family to my MDE "friends & family."

My family and my cousin's family are traveling to the park together in February. The two families are buying tickets and paying separately, but I'm the point person for both families and will be making dining reservations and Genie+ arrangements for everyone.

I was able to figure out how to "invite" the parents of the other family to join my "family & friends" - but since their 9 year old daughter has no independent email address, how do I link her? (When I try I'm getting the message "Because this Guest is not eligible for a Disney account, you will manage all their plans" - I'm definitely not managing all her plans, her parents are.)

Also... does my infant daughter (1 year old) need a park reservation in order to be included on dining reservations?

Thanks to anyone who can help... planning this trip has been our most confusing and frustrating Disney experience yet...

Also... does my infant daughter (1 year old) need a park reservation in order to be included on dining reservations?

No, under 3 doesn't need a ticket or park reservation. You should count her in the dining reservation counts. Park reservations are not required to make ADRs.

I just did this with my sister and her kids. Once I had sent the invite to my sister, and she accepted, then I went to Add a Guest, and her kids showed up as "found through Connected Guest". I was then able to select them and add them.

Your cousin's family should create a profile for her under their account.
It would be under the "people you manage" section.

Dining reservations are not linked to park reservations.

I just did this with my sister and her kids. Once I had sent the invite to my sister, and she accepted, then I went to Add a Guest, and her kids showed up as "found through Connected Guest". I was then able to select them and add them.

This! I had to do the same for my two nieces who are under 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter