Help the new Kid, what is the deal with codes?

DisneyDreams4P&B

Remembering Austin....
Help, my family and I would like to make reserv. for early Sept 2005. Do I make the reserv. and then ask if there is a code associated to my name or do I call back and then see? I know nothing about codes, what they are and why. So as much information you can provide, the better. Would I get a better rate through AAA or with my husband being a policer officer?

Again, thanks in advance for all of your help.

Welcome to the DIS, DisneyDreams4P&B! :wave:

Codes can be a bit confusing because there are so many different kinds! AP codes. General public codes. Florida resident codes. Pin codes.

If you are booking for September 2005, chances are that a pin code isn't available for that time of year yet. It seems most of the codes I've been hearing about lately are only good until July.

So, this far out, you may want to see if you can get a AAA rate. That's probably the best you'll be able to do. You can ask when you are booking if there is a pin code attached to your name for that time period, and you are free to call back at any time in the future to see if there is one available.

Hope that helps :)

Karen

I too will soon be making ressies for early Sept. '05. My strategy is as follows:

Watch this site for the next set of codes that come out, whether it be General Public or Annual Pass. Should be sometime the first few weeks of May. GP codes would be preferable for me but that is not looking good since there hasn't been one in a while. AP is the next best option because it could save 25-30% and will pay for itself (remember, only one is necessary to make a reservation). AAA discount is 10-15% and the least desireable option.

I have not asked the code question at the reservation desk but that is also an option. I would have another option ready though if you make that call and do not have a code attached to your name. I'm really not sure what the criteria is for that code.

Good luck, as the song goes.....See you in September!

I have reservations for Sept 4 through 11th at POR. I asked about codes etc yesterday, I had a great CR, she said it was too early yet, but to keep looking and call anytime. :bounce: :cheer2:

Most defintely book with AAA discount now if your a member. I have my Sept 2005 resie with AAA discount and will apply a code if one comes out. The IF factor is why I booked AAA from the start. Its some discount and is better than none if codes don't come out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter