Help with a decision

shelby2001

<font color=99CC99>Always thought "I'm a Believer"
Right now we are booked at the CSR for 9 nights but really would like to stay at the Polynesian for our stay, however there are no discounts out right now for November and the total for garden view conceirge would be $3900. This is not in our budget, but should I book it now and hope for a discount (which at the present discounts out there we could afford it) DH says book now and if no discounts come out change the resort but we are going the week of Thanksgiving so I"m worried that we will not be able to get back on site if I change now and $4,000 for just a room for 9 nights is crazy, but we do plan on spending 4 full days at the resort and that is why he wants Polynesian. What would you do leave alone until discounts come out or book what we really want now at $4,000 and then change back to another resort if the discounts don't materialize? Help I am so torn.

Leave it like you have it and wait & see if a good rate comes. Good luck!

It might be worth it to buy an AP and use that for a discount. Keep an eye out for AP rates. DC would give you a little bit of a discount.

Nov is value season and I don't see any reason that should not expect some discounts. If your heart is set on the Poly, I would go ahead and book. When the discounts come out, make your decision. I don't think you have to worry about not getting a room at a mod if you need to.

I would keep your current ressie until you find one you like at the Poly. Good rates are associated with unbooked rooms, so having a ressie already won't make you any more likely to get a discount later. If you don't want to pay the full rate, then don't let your cheaper room go until you're sure there's a rate that you're willing to pay. There should be something before then. Do remember to ask about AP rates. You don't have to have your AP already to book the room.

Hmmm... Over Thanksgiving week, I think you could have trouble getting a room at any resort. I would keep the ressie you have. Even if you book at the Poly now and discounts come out later, having an existing reservation doesn't guarantee you'd get a discounted room. They would still have to have availability on the discounted 'bank' of rooms.

If it were me, I would keep my existing ressie and check for discounts very regularly. The AP idea was also a good one. In case you didn't know, you can always ask for AP rates even if you don't have one yet; you just have to have one at check in.

Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter