It was not "just one CM giving bad information" You may shift your mask up to your nose and take a quick drink but taking your mask totally off in a line, especially to eat and drink is not acceptable. Please don't say it was just a bad CM, that is the rule at WDW at this time.
I think reality is important to discuss as well. For example Disney says MK doesn't open til 9...reality is if you show up at 9; you're about 45 mins- an hr behind actual opening.

If the rule is no eating in lines; the reality is it happened constantly last week in front of many many cms last week without a word being said.

If a diabetic was literally going to crash without eating something, I would be forgiving of that situation.

For the general population (including kids), there is no NEED to consume food while in a line.
Lol...well thank goodness YOU would be forgiving...I highly doubt anyone cares about 1 guests personal forgiveness. This thread is not about someones opinion...it's about actual accounts. There are numerous reports at this point that state eating in the outdoor lines was pretty common recently and CMs didn't say it wasn't allowed...end of discussion.

It doesn't matter what your or my opinion is on it. Just like someone coming on here saying they don't feel like it's right to have their 3 year old have to wear a mask...it does matter what their opinion is, what matters is what Disney's doing...last week I saw many cms ask how old small children were and reminding children to wear their mask the right way...end of the report. That's what's currently happening...there's no need to discuss ones opinion on the subject, just first hand experiences.

We heard a CM tell a family they were not supposed to be eating in line. They had to have on a mask unless stationary. It was a family with meals and not a quick snack or popcorn and then mask back on situation so maybe that had something to do with it. Our trip was early October.

I don’t recall the exact wording but I believe the frequent announcements say to please maintain wearing a mask unless distanced and stationary or or something like that.

We heard a CM tell a family they were not supposed to be eating in line. They had to have on a mask unless stationary. It was a family with meals and not a quick snack or popcorn and then mask back on situation so maybe that had something to do with it. Our trip was early October.

I don’t recall the exact wording but I believe the frequent announcements say to please maintain wearing a mask unless distanced and stationary or or something like that.
If their masks were off completely, that was probably what made the difference. We ate and drank while in line and walking around (when no one else was near) last week because we literally did not have time to sit and take a break every time we needed a sip or snack. And we saw many others doing the same with no CMs ever saying anything. I also suspect Disney's expectations on this rule are adapting to the realities of the situation as crowds and wait times increase.

I've seen Uber advice for DHS, but what is the Uber advice for MK? Where should you get dropped off, and at what time?
Let’s say we mobile order something for breakfast at Contemporary. Anyone know how long they might let you park there? Not looking to cheat the system or anything like that, just wondering.

Thanks for the first hand accounts. I was wondering how the snacking/drinking would work out on our trip. In the past, some park areas are very hard to find a table or a place to sit (looking at you Woody's Lunchbox and Festival Booths). It makes sense that outside lines with good spacing that stagnate would permit snacking in place as there isn't much risk. Indoor lines with maskless sneezers is another story lol.
Let’s say we mobile order something for breakfast at Contemporary. Anyone know how long they might let you park there? Not looking to cheat the system or anything like that, just wondering.
3 hours is the limit for Day Guests, which is what WDW considers people who visit a resort to shop/dine.

Thanks. Just a quick question... 645 both MK and AK had people lining up... where was the line... for the buses at Pop? Parking lot? Or, lined up outside the park. Appreciate it!!!!
They were lined up where the buses pull in.
Decided tomorrow on our MK day sleeping in and going later

Alright our evening back at magical kingdom was much better. Got in line for the bus at pop around 4 and was back in MK by 430. Lines still kinda long but we just went with it. Jumped into Winnie the Pooh line went quick. Jumped into Peter Pan. Line went quick. Jumped into mermaid.. line went quick. Got popcorn no line. Jumped into a 60min mine train line because it’s now my new favorite. Waited 40. Then went to buzz- 10mins- posted was 20.stopped and took nighttime castle pictures. Now we are at our 7:55 be our guest reservation. The food is good and I LOVE the theming here!! Huge beauty and the beast fan so it’s right up my interests. Very happy with outlets decision to take an afternoon break and come back. I dunno what but we have had the best food on this trip. Like the best Disney food we have ever had. Maybe we are just easy to please Small town folks.. but this mean at BOG is amazingly good.

We never saw that much eating or drinking in lines last week, Wednesday-Wednesday. Towards the end of the evenings (after 5) we'd see "more" snacking out of backpacks, etc., but the timing on that makes sense and it was never a lot of people (like one family in a 40 minute standby wait at SR).

I feel like I didn't go to the parks to try to figure out how to subvert the new guidelines and extensive discussion on this topic is trending that direction. We heard multiple CMs say throughout the week that if you wanted to drink or eat, you needed to be stationary. I'm sure it's like groundhog day for them to keep repeating the same thing and I got the message. It wasn't nebulous, undefined, or varied park to park. I don't get the focus on issue that here.

We didn't see a lot of people trying to skirt the guideline, but we tried not to be in the parks during the hottest/longest waits parts of the day and maybe that's when people are more likely to lower masks in an area not really designed for that. Taking a "to go" drink at DS was common/encouraged by mobile taps/bars and people were walking around with both non and alcoholic beverages day and night. Most people tended to take a sip, replace the mask and move on. I think that's within the spirit of reasonable behavior and not trying to bend the mask requirement.

So...some should come, but others are not. I’ve been to WDW too many times to count, Disneyland as well. I also spend lots of time reading the posts on this Board. Just finishing up my first post-pandemic trip so thought I’d post this for those of you thinking about whether or not to cancel or wait. Some will disagree of course, but trying to post information that will help others decide. I would find it a very reasonable decision if many delayed their trip if it was a “first visit” - this isn’t the same experience as was in the past (but maybe they are okay with it).

Attractions: If you are an avid planner (using Fastpass+, etc.) they are going to be longer than what you are used to. You either accept that fact are come at another time. Do not expect regularly short lines (with some exceptions). Some 3rd party touring plan providers seem to work fairly well. On the otherhand, it forces you to take the parks at a different, less fernetic pace - that might be a net positive. A bit like stepping back into the theme park strategies of the mid-90’s.

Entertainment: Its much less than the past. I personally like the spotenaity of the calvacades but that’s about all their really is. The absence of shows and other types of professional entertainment is noticable. Personally, for me, doing attractions without street performers, other minor shows, etc. etc. was a bit like eating an entree with no seasoning.

Shopping: One thing I didn’t see mentioned in here previously is the frequent lines to access shopping- sometimes long lines. In fact the wait to enter the World of Disney store in Disney Springs can be very long, especially in the evenings. You also can’t ship your items back to your room so be prepared to carry them with you or buy in the park at the end of your day.

Health checks/Security: These seemed manageable and unintrusive. The new security measures are actually less imposing than before. Lots of advice on here on how to manage backups (and whether to walk, drive, etc.). Personally, for MK, if you can walk in that’s ideal.

VIP Tours: Tried this 1 day. Worth the price just for the flexiliby it gives to go park to park and navigate many issues. So expensive, but if you can afford it, the incremental difference from the rest of the park experience is notable. Its a different experience than in the past - but presents a different type of value.

Disney Springs: See above about World of Disney Store. But, on weekends - oh my. Parking issues, capacity issues, odd dining experiences. Might want to think about the value of this “experience” on your itenerary.

Extras: Missed more than I thought all the “extras” - dessert parties, special tours, special events. Again, their absence is more noticable than I would have anticipated.

Nightime: This was the biggest miss. For some areas, like Pandora, the lack of a nightime expereience is a very material issue. For others, its might be more impactful than you might expect. Disney World at night is special, particularly with nightime shows. Their absence and the early park closings are notable.

Parkhopping: On the one hand, as mentioned above, makes for a less fernetic visit. On the otherhand, it does make the evenings less of an “event”

Preshows: The missing pre-shows for many rides impacts the story. If you have ridden in the past, no bid deal. If you are new to the ride - it does diminish the experience.

Masks/Distancing: Honestly, based upon what I read here previously I was surprised. I personally thought there was LOTS of complliance with both. In fact, I’m not sure I saw 1 person violating the mask rules. Sometimes there are some misses in lines on social distancing, but most often its just because of a distraction. In stores, and well Disney Springs, expect pre-pandemic closeness with other people. Distancing just isn’t possible. If you are concerned about COVID-19 or high-risk, this probably isn’t the right time for you to go to a theme park.

Well, my two cents. Again, just putting out some unvarnished thoughts out there for those doing research. For some (particularly frequent visitors) I can see how some time in the parks is still preferable to none at all (I’m in this camp). However, others should carefully consider how things are different and either wait, or manage their expectations.

Hope this is helpful. Also, keep in mind this was just one person’s experience over several days in October. Your mileage may vary but its one additional data point.

Does anyone who has been recently know how early a Lyft driver is allowed to drop us off at the transit center for Magic Kingdom?

We never saw that much eating or drinking in lines last week, Wednesday-Wednesday. Towards the end of the evenings (after 5) we'd see "more" snacking out of backpacks, etc., but the timing on that makes sense and it was never a lot of people (like one family in a 40 minute standby wait at SR).

I feel like I didn't go to the parks to try to figure out how to subvert the new guidelines and extensive discussion on this topic is trending that direction. We heard multiple CMs say throughout the week that if you wanted to drink or eat, you needed to be stationary. I'm sure it's like groundhog day for them to keep repeating the same thing and I got the message. It wasn't nebulous, undefined, or varied park to park. I don't get the focus on issue that here.

We didn't see a lot of people trying to skirt the guideline, but we tried not to be in the parks during the hottest/longest waits parts of the day and maybe that's when people are more likely to lower masks in an area not really designed for that. Taking a "to go" drink at DS was common/encouraged by mobile taps/bars and people were walking around with both non and alcoholic beverages day and night. Most people tended to take a sip, replace the mask and move on. I think that's within the spirit of reasonable behavior and not trying to bend the mask requirement.
The only time today I got frustrated with the eating and drinking thing was when I had my Peter Pan float actively melting in my hand while trying to make it back to where my husband was sitting. I lifted my mask for a moment to lick it so it would stop melting all over me and at that exact moment a CM asked me to put my mask on until I was stationary. I was a little flusters but obliged.

Day 2: 10/23 Magic Kingdom- 9a-8p

Arrived to parking toll at 8:02 was about 8 deep all lanes

Got through temp and security fast
Was on first bus to MK I forgot wallet in van and left family to proceed I sprinted back to car- really hot and sweaty- caught back up to them at castle

Walked to 7DMT lined said 60 minutes and wrapped all the way back towards Gaston’s- we detoured to Peter Pan

Peter Pan was walk on

Headed to BTMR said 30 was 28, wife and kids got in line. I got child swap +2 and went to look for dropped baby lovie (no luck)

I then got in long Splash line 9:15 line moving good but people finally on logs at 9:25. I realized I could double dip this long line until family caught up to me and do child swap again. Had to step aside at entrance so many people past us and queue filled up all the way. Worst feeling ever! Wait says 45 (started right at entrance sign) was 20.

Headed straight to BTMR for my child swap

Wife was doing snacks and Aladdin carpets

Wife came back and did her rider swap for Splash

When she got off we Traded pins at Splash Mountain photo shop when got off at 11:00

Went to Haunted Mansion said 45 was 43 (hit a cleaning cycle because we totally stopped moving)

Headed to Silly Sideshow for A/C and packed lunch at 12:20

I stayed with youngest in Silly Sideshow and they went to Barnstormer in rain. Said 25 was 17

Went to Dumbo said 15 was 6

Went to Little Mermaid said 35 was 26 (hit a cleaning cycle again)

Went to Winnie the Pooh said 25 was 20

Went to Pirates said 60 was 41

Headed to our 4:20 Skipper dinner 5 minutes late. Finished eating and out at 5:40

Went to Buzz said 30 was 23

Went to Teacups said 10 was 4

Went to Philarmagic took 27, I am guessing we waited through 1.5 shows. Left it at 7:25.

Split from wife who took two to Space Mountain, I went with infant and one to Small World. I was off Small World at 7:52

Tried to meet back at 7DMT just before close. Hoping for Wife to take infant and I rode with others. Unfortunately we made it to the entrance of ride before they got back and we had to get out of line.
Space Mountain took way longer than the expected.

Super agree. That’s annoying and truly a case of soccer’s most worthless phrase, “unlucky”.

To your point, I took a call from the insurance company of the kid who rear ended my car two days before our flight to WDW as we exited GE last week. Probably should have let that go to vm, but it was “important”. I slightly moved my mask to be able to accept the phone call and was quickly trying to move off to the side, near an empty walk way/landscaping area (away from people other than my fam) and the kids said a CM was saying something to me. I was focused on accepting the call and getting to a spot I could fully engage, so totally missed getting chastised, but like you, felt getting called out wasn’t that necessary.

We weren’t trying to figure out how to tour a park with minimal masking. But I’m not a 20 year old CM with covid specific job training. As a 47 yo mom of two, my situational awareness/teen boy police/BS meter is probably better suited to working at WDW now more than ever 😉 but I obliged as well. Rules are what they currently are.

I hope the rest of your trip is awesome. And not unlucky.

Last edited:
So, I've been reading this thread religiously, but I'm still kinda confused about my scenario.

I booked an Oga's Cantina ADR at 7:55, thinking it was 5 minutes before close, which I've read is a lot of fun because you get to walk out in an empty Galaxy's Edge. However, the park actually closes at 7 that night, so it's 55 minutes AFTER close. Has anyone done this, or is it some sort of error?

So, I've been reading this thread religiously, but I'm still kinda confused about my scenario.

I booked an Oga's Cantina ADR at 7:55, thinking it was 5 minutes before close, which I've read is a lot of fun because you get to walk out in an empty Galaxy's Edge. However, the park actually closes at 7 that night, so it's 55 minutes AFTER close. Has anyone done this, or is it some sort of error?
It’s fine. Go to galexys edge and hang out and chill until it’s some for your ADR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter