I know Disney Springs has been in bad shape, mask usage wise, since day one. But does anyone have experience with Disney Springs early morning on weekdays? We will be doing a mid-December resort only stay at Saratoga Springs and would love to walk over to DS, but only if it's safe to do so. We are fine with early morning since we have littles that rise early anyway.

My DIL works at Disney Springs. We met her a few times at opening and felt much safer then. One day we met her after work and it was much harder to social distance. I thought mask wearing compliance was pretty good each time we’ve been there.

WoD was walk in those mornings we were there at opening. But the evening we met her, we waited in a huge line to enter the store. So we’ll only go first thing anymore.

I walked to the TTC from the Poly at 7:55 this morning. They opened the temp tents at 8:05 just as I saw people emerging from the parking lot walkway. I took the first monorail running on the non-resort loop and it left around 8:10. When I arrived that there was no backup on the walkway from BLT or at the turnstiles. 7DMT started running shortly after I got in line, probably around 8:30. After 7DMT, I rode BTMR twice, POC and JC by 9:45; all were basically walk-ons.

Alright one more thing about our trip since this mornings. First off we were on the first bus from pop and in the park by 815 and off mine train by 820-830. On and off space by 850ish, done with haunted mansion by 910is and pirates by 930ish. And that was it for us as we accomplished everything we had hoped to for the entire trip. We got a comfy in the shade spot on Main Street with some Gaston cinnamon rolls and watched the calvacades. When I went to sleepy hollow, however around 11 things got dicy. I really wanted the pumpkin Mickey waffle sundae or I would have Mobil ordered somewhere. Very long line directly in the sun there. If this is a must for you, try to get there when they open or wait until late in the day. I think Disney needs to open more food options in all the parks.

Alright one more thing about our trip since this mornings. First off we were on the first bus from pop and in the park by 815 and off mine train by 820-830. On and off space by 850ish, done with haunted mansion by 910is and pirates by 930ish. And that was it for us as we accomplished everything we had hoped to for the entire trip. We got a comfy in the shade spot on Main Street with some Gaston cinnamon rolls and watched the calvacades. When I went to sleepy hollow, however around 11 things got dicy. I really wanted the pumpkin Mickey waffle sundae or I would have Mobil ordered somewhere. Very long line directly in the sun there. If this is a must for you, try to get there when they open or wait until late in the day. I think Disney needs to open more food options in all the parks.

Thanks for your daily trip reports. They were very informative and I agree with alot of what you have to say about the masks, etc. Sounds like a good trip all in all. It's still not "right" for us at this time. Not due to masks, but due to less experiences for the same money. So we will wait til it is normal again.
If disney springs is not run by disney, can't they open up completely as all of Florida seems to be? Or are they controlled by disney? I'm just curious about the arrangement with WDW and DS. Thanks:)

MK is the worst for food right now. I realized that there's hardly any QS for breakfast. Really only Starbuck's and Gaston's cinnamon roll, unless you consider chicken & waffles or funnel cake breakfast food.

Thanks for your daily trip reports. They were very informative and I agree with alot of what you have to say about the masks, etc. Sounds like a good trip all in all. It's still not "right" for us at this time. Not due to masks, but due to less experiences for the same money. So we will wait til it is normal again.
If disney springs is not run by disney, can't they open up completely as all of Florida seems to be? Or are they controlled by disney? I'm just curious about the arrangement with WDW and DS. Thanks:)

Their limits are set by Disney. For example, T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe are owned by Landry’s but Disney sets capacity for them.

My wife, sister and mother and I are all staying in a Copper Creek cabin for a 3 day weekend. Attendance at Wilderness Lodge seems pretty light. Pool chairs were probably a little leas than half occupied, and there is a good amount of space between swimmers. Whispering Canyon is spacing roughly every other table. Geyser Point pool bar is about the same. We are only getting carry out, mobile orders, from Roaring Fork which is not crowded. Orders have been ready in less than 20 minutes. The lodge has plenty of open spaces for sitting if you are so inclined.

For a resort only vacation I have been pleased with crowd levels, even on a Saturday.

Can we talk abo merchandise. So as a Disneyland vet it’s possible this is always how it has been, but it’s the same merchandise everywhere we go. I’m not sure this is a Covid thing or a WDW thing. At Disneyland there are deff some merch only available in certain places in the park. A CM told me that many of their suppliers are still furloughed and so they don’t see much new merch. I visited Disney springs on Wednesday night and looked around. I’m glad I did that because then through all the parks this week I’ve been able to walk away and wait until we visited springs to buy. But it got a bit old seeing the same exact stuff everywhere... again not sure if this is a Covid thing or not. The new make a wish stuff is all over the parks. I got the cup.

I think it's been heading that way for a while. I noticed in our trips the last couple of years that very few shops had special/unique items that you couldn't find to buy at another location.

MK is the worst for food right now. I realized that there's hardly any QS for breakfast. Really only Starbuck's and Gaston's cinnamon roll, unless you consider chicken & waffles or funnel cake breakfast food.
Not even because sleepy hollow doesn’t open until 11. Gastons and Starbucks are really it until 1030-11..

Not even because sleepy hollow doesn’t open until 11. Gastons and Starbucks are really it until 1030-11..
So that is confusing. There is a breakfast menu til 11 and the website says they open at 9 but you are saying they aren’t opening til 11. I was counting on the Nutella waffle.

@RedK - What all did you have at Jaleo? I have an ADR there soon. Although, I just saw a pic of crab legs and thought about changing to my fave - Paddlefish. I'm not going to, though. Been wanting to try Jaleo for a while. Do you know if they still serve the paella? I don't see it on the menu.

So that is confusing. There is a breakfast menu til 11 and the website says they open at 9 but you are saying they aren’t opening til 11. I was counting on the Nutella waffle.

maybe I’m wrong but the app states it doesn’t open until 11.

At sleepy hollow they have the nutella and fruit waffle, i consider that excellent breakfast, lunch , dinner, snack food ;D
They've taken the nutella waffle off the menu, unfortunately, so no chance of getting that. You can get a funnel cake, hand dipped corn dog or sweet and spicy chicken waffle. Unfortunately none of those are breakfast foods in my book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter