Hershey Park - Help!!!

LeapYear Debbie

Mouseketeer
I am tentatively planning a trip to Hershey Park with my family for the beginning of July. Can anyone give me any input on this area and any help on where to stay or what to do? I was planning on going to WDW, but was vetoed out.

Can anyone help? Thanks........

Debbie

Hi,

Went this past summer with 4 adults, 4 kids and stayed at Addey's Inn. A 3br suite for $200 a night, they do have a website. Not luxurious, but nice. It's easy to get around in hershey.

The park is fun...my 8 yo still feels the Comet is the best rollercoaster. Don't know the age of your kids, but we went to a Picnic in the park event with all the characters and special activities....our kids 10,8,6 and cousin 9 had a great time.

Good Luck
Vivienne

We've been to Hershey twice and loved it.
Here are the 2 hotels we've stayed at...nothing upscale, just nice places.

Spinner's Inn
White Rose Motel

Both places are about a 5 min drive from Hershey Park.

We've been to Hershey many times. We love going there. We usually stay at the Marriott Springhill Suites (which includes free breakfast) or the Hilton Garden Inn. Both are about a mile away. The two Hershey hotels are really nice, but they're very expensive.

Thanks for all the great info. I hate planning a trip to somewhere I know nothing about...

Tigger Piglet - I am thinking about the Hilton Garden Inn. Is it nice?

Thanks again to everyone.

Debbie

gee and you just missed the Food Network discussing Hershey Park last nite on Chocolate Obsession week.

Maybe they will re-run it this week. We hope to take a trip there soon.
Enjoy!!!

LeapYearDebbie - yes, the Hilton Garden Inn is very nice. In fact, if you have the Entertainment card or the Disney Club card (which also gives you Entertainment benefits) you can stay there for half price.

Tiggerpiglet - My Entertainment book doesn't show that listing - In fact, most of the hotels in the Harrisburg area (no seperate listing for Hershey)in mine, black out July & August - Does the Hilton one come up on the website or something? I'd love to check that out....

Last year, we stayed in Harrisburg, much cheaper & only about 10 minutes away....Looking forward to going back this year for a pitstop on the way to FL.

Leota - I got the Hilton Garden Inn from the listing that the Disney Club sent me. It was a little book of hotels that the Entertainment card gives discounts to. You need to look under Hummelstown, not Harrisburg, at least that's where it's listed in the book I have. The Hilton's phone number is 717-566-9292 if you want to give them a call to see if they're still accepting the Entertainment card. It seems like they only give the discount on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, not during the week.

I have seen discounts and packages offered at the Hershey Lodge. It is a great resort for families. The Hershey Hotel is more upscale - it is registered as historic and is quite luxurious. Inquire about a 2003 brochure.

You can usually obtain park discount coupons at various locations. Check with the park or the resorts for more information.

We went there in summer 2001 and stayed at the hershey Lodge. The nice thing about it was they had a bus that took you right to the park from the Lodge. It was kind of expensive though...we were there mid-August and I think it was around $200/night.

There were a few of the less expensive chains in the vicinity, and a couple of "Mom and Pop" type motels that looked cute too.

Thanx Tons TiggerPiglet! I'll give them a try. All I have listed in Hummelstown is a Holiday Inn.
I was very pleasantly suprised by Hershey when we went last year. Nice, clean Park & some great Coasters....

You're welcome, Leota. I hope they still give the Entertainment discount out. We went last year and were able to use it. I'll be disappointed if they don't offer it anymore, it's great being able to get 50% off. Good luck:D

Hershey Park is a great place to go for a weekend or a few days. There's plenty to do and see and it's very family oriented. There's even a small zoo within the park.

Things that you should know are that it's built on what could be referred to as a small mountain, so there's a good deal of uphill and downhill walking, so strollers for small children might be a good idea and they do rent them there.

Also, every time I've been there it was very hot, every bit as hot as Florida in the summer. The first time, I noticed a group of fully dressed people standing under a pole that had water spraying from it and wondered why they didn't move away from the "leak." Turns out it was a sprinkler for cooling off and I quickly joined them, fully clothed. Sure felt good! Needless to say, the lines for the water rides tend to be the longest on hot days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter